St. Jude Rides in the Smokies

• Hello gang.
    A few of you know of a charity I am raising some money for and of the E-Brake kits I have been giving away as gifts
    So here is a new twist: During the festivities of the Smokies I always meet someone who either did not get into a ride they wanted or just didn't enjoy a conga line
    Well I will be more than happy to take a few additional Slingshots along with our private rides along roads less traveled during the week, weather permitting.
    Our group enjoys an exciting pace but respectful non scare the heck out of mini van drivers and families along the way attitude. On the Dragon's Breakfast run we leave early enough to have breakfast at the dragons den first thing in the morning and enjoy the tail with far less traffic and law enforcement. This year we are staying off the main roads in favor of the same style paved scenic roads over to 441 and then back down to the Blue Ridge pkwy and back to Maggie. Just under 200 miles this route is a drivers route and more about driving scenic roads than scenic stops. Even with that said we always have to stretch our legs and fill our tanks and bellies along the way
    Here is the fine print: If you wish to participate in this group of friends you have to have met my marketing goddess(Wife) and either wear one of our glow in the dark Slingshots for St. Jude arm bands or St. Jude event shirt( Slingshots for St. Jude Lap of America). Yes this means a donation or buying one of the swag items unless you have already done so or have one of my E-Brake kits in which case I will donate some arm bands to you
    Another excursions may be added as well (OMG Scenic), The Blue Ridge Pkwy tour out to I-26 for lunch and back(Epic vistas and photo opportunities)
    The Blue Ridge Pkwy tour is an epic drive up through the morning clouds and onto the ridge line where it looks like the earth is bathed in fields of cotton
    This ride is very cold in the morning and it is advised that all participants wear warm clothing that they can later shed as the temperature increases.
    We will be leaving from the 4 Seasons each morning at 6:30(Breakfast) to 7 am (Blue Ridge)on the dates we post pending Mother Natures cooperation.
    There ya have it.
    Now if you are interested in what we are up to please visit our event link located at the lower left of this post in the signature field that says Events for St. Jude
    Click on it and you may be surprised just how much of a difference your fellow Sling Shot brothers and sisters have made. Perhaps you can as well

• Are you still taking donations for the cool arm bands and ebrakes? If not no worries! I would still like to donate....this is the first Im reading this so forgive me for not seeing it posted on the "dark" forum! :thumbup:

Jonathan

UPDATE* Donated brother! Goodluck!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

Edited once, last by STYLN ().

• Right now I am on hold for the Smokies event where I will have many sets available for that event. Nothing stopping any of you fine folk from making a small donation however. Not a crazy big donation just $5 buck or whatever you feel good with. I will have plenty of arm bands with me there as well and if I meet any of you while out on the road during the event I will be bringing tons of arm bands with me to share with you all.
    Happy thoughts :00008698:

• Right now I am on hold for the Smokies event where I will have many sets available for that event. Nothing stopping any of you fine folk from making a small donation however. Not a crazy big donation just $5 buck or whatever you feel good with. I will have plenty of arm bands with me there as well and if I meet any of you while out on the road during the event I will be bringing tons of arm bands with me to share with you all.Happy thoughts :00008698:

Unfortunately us Cali folks might not be able to get out that far! Keep up the good work and give anything you feel I have coming to @Cameron Roberts He's my official representative for the East country!! (Oh you didnt know Cam....well now you do brother!)

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

Edited 2 times, last by STYLN ().

• Unfortunately us Cali folks might not be able to get out that far! Keep up the good work and give anything you fell I have coming to @Cameron Roberts He's my official representative for the East country!! (Oh you didnt know Cam....well now you do brother!

Oh he and I met down in Florida. Turns out he's a psychotic motorcycle racer. Before speaking to @gpcustoms I didn't wear a whole lot of protective gear on my bike. I do now.

• Okay,...
    Let me define the title to this event.
    Its called St. Jude Rides( as in goes for a ride in the Smokies a/k/a public place).
    I represent St. Jude as an official charity organizer that intends to see some friendly faces and share some public roads

(We are not the Official Charity of Slingshots in the Smokies)

My offer is only to share public roads and some smiles. I am not organizing mass rides or selling spots so please see Ivor and his posts for official rides as part of his Slingshot in the Smokies if thats what your looking for.
    If there is any confusion then lets end the misconception here and now This is for free minded and spirited like minded friends to go for some rides together because maybe you think my idea of this fund raiser is a cool idea and you just want to ride with me and hang out, nothing else.
    I will have some cool St. Jude stuff and be sharing some glow in the dark arm bands with you but there is no price for admission because there is no admission and if your broke I will give you a cool arm band for just letting me take a picture and post if for the kids that can't be here

Now I have been made you aware of another charity that is going on I would expect the same generosity be lent towards that in keeping with your kind efforts you have shown us. Its not my place to post that cause but rest assured its every bit as deserving so try and remember that when you have a few extra dollars collecting dust in those wallets.

Try not to read too much into this post. I am a retired guy that has the time to do this sort of thing but not such a heal that I want to step on any ones feet while I am in town and create some bad feelings or Karma between friends.

After all. Any day above ground is a good one

• Well my friends I have had to make the unfortunate decision to pull out of the Smokies.
    I appreciate all the support and look forward to meeting many of you along the way around these great states
    You have been an amazing group of people and I would have never been able to raise these funds for St. Jude without your individual contributions
    Pulling out is not the end of my crusade, just a bump in the road towards making a positive impact on a group of kids we all should remember in our hearts. Each day we grow stronger with the help of our local community and our pride runs strong to do more at the local level now that this opportunity has been handed to us
    Remember to look at our St. Jude page and give your fellow owners some credit where credit is due.

Events for St. Jude

Please stay in touch with my Lap of America and follow our adventures around the county. Every one of your smiles have been a blessing and I am looking forwards to sharing some photos and a coffee along the way