High Beam head lights are on all of the time

• Since I have Sling II back on the road the head lights stay on high beam. The only electrical I have done on Sling II is install a fuse box and install the Marco horn. I used the original horn wires for the control relay and a new hot wire from the new fuse panel. I just put it back on the road yesterday and noticed this. I have not tried to check it out yet. But I tried Sling I and could hear a relay clicking up front at the center head lights. This does not happen on Sling II.

• FunCycle

Changed the title of the thread from “High Beam head lights are on all o the time” to “High Beam head lights are on all of the time”.
  • Well, damn!

You know those center lights only have one mode, bright.

It's the shutter that actually gives the dim.

So, the shutter isn't energizing.

Bad ground or no voltage, best case.

Did you drop the ground when you installed the Marco horn?

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I never touched anything else unless something came unplugged when I cut the wire loom loose and pulled back the horn wires.

• FC. Maybe you can visit Bigdog and he can give you a few tips on slingshot operation from his manual. Then he can take you for a ride and give you some driving tips 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• if I wasn’t blocked a certain person could have found a possible answer in post #5 two weeks ago....

the high beam flapper or whatever it is might be working intermittently .....according to the MANUAL the headlight high beam assembly can’t be fixed it needs replaced......

• True Bigdog ...

But, at the time he made that statement, he had not troubleshot the system and was just stating his problem.

You directed him to "read the last line" of your manual snippet.

If you would bother to comprehend the information from your postings of the manual you would have noticed that the last line stated...

"If the high/low function stops working and if it is determined that the circuit is OKAY, then the headlight housing must be replaced."

Which means...

Troubleshoot the circuit to determine failure item.

It did not state "replace headlight housing" as a fix to a circuit failure.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I have the manual (Paper book and the disc) and I know how to read. Tell him I still have not checked to see what the problem is and do not need his BS

• the original post said....high beams stay on all the time.....possible reason could be the headlight unit itself.....which is not serviceable....

so the flapper to cover half of the headlights is probably solenoid operated....either it’s constant on or constant off......power holds it open or power closes it. Just a guess without actually tearing one apart...

I posted this info to piss everyone off ...to to help anyone..

• I'm having a similar problem, actually hoped there might be some info here. Guess I was wrong. On mine is only the passenger side stuck on high beam. Have shop appointment next week.

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.