Purchasing Used Slingshot

• I was hoping not to purchase this old of a model, but miles are low and it seems well maintained. I see it has saddlebags, but I've heard people complain that they don't work well. What do y'all think would be a good offer?

14.5k MAX and yes, those bags are known to pop open on the highway.

Supposedly the newer models have resolved this, but I know 2 people with them that hate them.

Keep me posted, happy to look at these for you.

• Sheree202 if you have facebook have a look on some of the groups. Just search slingshots as there are many groups that have parts and slings advertised for sale also facebook market place has many to choose from ( not sure about your direct area but might be worth checking)

• Just a quick search in your area not knowing if any are still available but here are a few

The one you posted in Birmingham I had my heart set on and it sold. The one in Evans, GA has crazy rims on it....I asked him if he could send me a full side pic of it not in his garage (since he didn't post any that weren't close up) and his response was "why?" ?( A couple of the other ones either don't have a radio or have a broken one. Thank you so much for the ideas though!

• Most of the Value is determined by the mileage. 8000 in 4 years is 2000 a year. That’s really low. Then you take in the rest of the condition and add ons you get the complete value.

It looked like he changed the rims. those aren’t 2015 rims. But it looks like he has them.

Usually people aren’t into negotiating over the phone. You’ll be considered a tire kicker.

Cash in hand in person changes things drastically.

• Yeah, you have to be ready to jump on it and put some money down to reserve it until you can take a harder look at it in person if possible. I bought mine from a dealership in Indiana.....I live in Ohio and it was a 3 hr drive to check it out. My back-up plan was that they had several other SS in my price range, so I knew I was planning on getting smthg. The one I went to look at had some minor damage that I didn't like, so I switched to plan B and put some money down to hold it. I came back 3 weeks later to pick it up. I was going to use uship, but then decided that it would be more fun to drive it back and get used to it on a 3 hr drive on a nice sunny 70 degree day in April. Hope you find the one you need! Happy hunting!

Be safe and God bless!

• Yeah, you have to be ready to jump on it and put some money down to reserve it until you can take a harder look at it in person if possible. I bought mine from a dealership in Indiana.....I live in Ohio and it was a 3 hr drive to check it out. My back-up plan was that they had several other SS in my price range, so I knew I was planning on getting smthg. The one I went to look at had some minor damage that I didn't like, so I switched to plan B and put some money down to hold it. I came back 3 weeks later to pick it up. I was going to use uship, but then decided that it would be more fun to drive it back and get used to it on a 3 hr drive on a nice sunny 70 degree day in April. Hope you find the one you need! Happy hunting!

they are getting snapped up faster and faster....the season is upon us...

• Sheree202 Try to Google Imotorsport in Elmhurst IL.They are a dealer just outside Chicago IL. They have new and used Slingshots and free shipping in the lower 48. Check out the site something might catch your eye.

• Y'all are the best! So I took the plunge and bought the matte black. Honestly, I was just running out of time and he called me yesterday. Said he'd drive it 1.5 hrs in the cold to bring it to me and uber home. So I went for it. I know we'll eventually have to remove the wrap, but it looks good for now. 12k miles. Pretty sure I overpaid ($14500) it's a 2016 SL. But, I pulled it off in time for hubby's birthday. Ordered a big red bow. Hoping the weather holds out Friday to surprise him properly.

Pretty eventful ride to my friend's shed (20 min drive).....got pulled over by an hilarious officer. Warned us that technically we need helmets in GA. But, didn't want to even see my license. Very cool guy. Then stopped to get gas and had a dad taking his kids picture with it. 😂

I did it! Thank you all for your advice and offering to help a stranger! This forum is so helpful and I'm definitely going to stick around.