Purchasing Used Slingshot

• Missed this one too...he just messaged me that it was bought tonight 😣

• you snooze you lose.....you have to be prepared to jump...sometimes things are meant to happen for a reason.....

years ago I saw a van for sale in Virginia....I live in Pittsburgh.... I left at 4 am to get there when the car lot opened....I knew I was coming home with that van....custom high top vans in good condition with low miles and a 350 motor are not easy to find. It was a down and back trip in the same day.....

my plan was to take my pick up truck......it was all ready to go....except some punks decided to slash some vehicle tires a few hours before that......so I ended up taking the girlfriends car....which wasn’t ready....it needed oil, needed gas....and had high mileage which didn’t make me very happy.....it was raining so changing the truck tire wasn’t an option....

leaving the car lot in Virginia for home with the van her motor blew up.....I had to leave her car there for them to fix...which meant another trip to Virginia.....anyway you get the gist of the story.....

you gotta be prepared to leap on a good deal......

• http://www.searchtempest.com will let you search Craig's List listings within whatever distance from your location you desire. Enter your search terms, zip code and distance to search. You will probably find multiple hits for items listed under more than one CL location, but it's the fastest way to seach Craig's List.

Be very careful with searchtempest. You may find what you're looking for 2,000 miles away in Minneapolis or 2,300 miles away in Houston. Ask me how I know.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• you snooze you lose.....you have to be prepared to jump...sometimes things are meant to happen for a reason.....

years ago I saw a van for sale in Virginia....I live in Pittsburgh.... I left at 4 am to get there when the car lot opened....I knew I was coming home with that van....custom high top vans in good condition with low miles and a 350 motor are not easy to find. It was a down and back trip in the same day.....

my plan was to take my pick up truck......it was all ready to go....except some punks decided to slash some vehicle tires a few hours before that......so I ended up taking the girlfriends car....which wasn’t ready....it needed oil, needed gas....and had high mileage which didn’t make me very happy.....it was raining so changing the truck tire wasn’t an option....

leaving the car lot in Virginia for home with the van her motor blew up.....I had to leave her car there for them to fix...which meant another trip to Virginia.....anyway you get the gist of the story.....

you gotta be prepared to leap on a good deal......

He had actually told me he'd bring it to Atlanta Wednesday so I was ready and thankful i wouldn't have to pay transport. Then he told me tonight there was a downpayment. Ugh! This is frustrating.

• Be very careful with searchtempest. You may find what you're looking for 2,000 miles away in Minneapolis or 2,300 miles away in Houston. Ask me how I know.

I've always found SearchTempest results to reflect the distance I specified in my search parameters. It would be nice if ST was smart enough to recognize duplicate listings, though.

• I've always found SearchTempest results to reflect the distance I specified in my search parameters. It would be nice if ST was smart enough to recognize duplicate listings, though.

I understand that you can limit the search distance but if you conduct an ongoing search to find a particular item like a Slingshot or Corvette and are looking for a deal, it is human nature to expand out your search over time and then low and behold, there's what you're looking for 12 states away. The Sling I found in Minneapolis was a brand new 16.5 SL with 3.8 miles for $17k (this was a couple years ago). The Vette I found in Houston is an 08 with the LS3 that had 6,800 miles on it before I drove it home. I'm doing this right now for my brother who's in the market for a snow cat and I found just what he's looking for in Colorado. He's less than thrilled with the location.X/

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Would you be able to check it out for me? I'm getting desperate...the ones online keep selling. I spoke to a salesman at Indian Motorcycle and he said he's never seen them sell like they have been the past couple of months. Hubby's birthday is in 11 days. =O

Absolutely,

That is where I bought mine. Which one are you looking at? I can meet you there Thur or Fri in the afternoon sometimes.

They are a very legit place from my dealings, but others have had some bad experiences.

• https://atlanta.craigslist.org…slingshot/7068181387.html

I was hoping not to purchase this old of a model, but miles are low and it seems well maintained. I see it has saddlebags, but I've heard people complain that they don't work well. What do y'all think would be a good offer?

Every model from 2015 thru 2019 is

pretty much the same except maybe the radio and the colors and the muffler insulation. So just name the price you are willing to pay for some mods someone else has added. Low mileage as long as it is not a rental you will probably be good.

• saddlebags are at least $3000....

they all have the same motor and tranny......the only differences are in the extras from base to SLR models.... wheel size and back up camera and radio...seat upgrades.

that’s the fast gray model....

it’s a base model that the dealer may have upgraded to an SL.....that’s exactly like mine....the dealer did the back up camera/infotainment and bigger wheels upgrade.....mine has a roof....

two years ago I paid $20,000 with 750 miles on it....

you can off ear whatever you want......doesn’t sound like he wants to be insulted with a low ball offer.....looking at the neighborhood he’s not hurting for money......

just a short story....I bought a used van from a dealer and he wouldn’t even drop the price $1 not kidding....

so the value is how much you are willing to pay and how bad you want it.....

looks like a well taken care of vehicle.........that’s low mileage for a technically 4 year old vehicle......

I wouldn’t hesitate.....the season is fast approaching and every day more people will be looking...