Purchasing Used Slingshot

• It only gets worse as time goes. First the small mods then when you see something that just grabs you and you cant say no. Then you know your a sling addict :thumbsup:

After resisting the temptation to try the DF Kit Car 4-wheel conversion kit (best price I've seen), I was tempted to order a MadStad bumper conversion for my Slingshot since it was on sale before Christmas, but I sensibly held off that, too. Unfortunately, at the end of January 2020, I saw it was still on sale and succumbed to temptation! Haven't mentioned it to the Wife!

• Sheree202 when my 1st Sling was totaled ( I was rear-ended) I found a replacement in Minnesota (I'm in Washington state). One of the forum members, mniron drove his Sling an hour to check it out for me, brokered the deal, then put it on a trailer and drove it 1,850 miles to my house. The next day he loaded up my broken Sling which he bought from me and headed home. I did this all on the strength of his reputation here on the forum and had never met him until he pulled into my driveway. The people here are the real deal and are definitely willing to go out of their way to help out a fellow Slinger/human being.

I couldn't agree more. No matter how much I do my best to pay it forward, I will never be able to give back what this forum has given me.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I've already started looking at things we could add!! 😂

Finishing up an install today and will watch the weather this week to go down and take a look for you on this. We are supposed to get some pretty good storms the next couple days, but once those clear out at the end of the week, I'll go take a look and let you know :)

• https://atlanta.craigslist.org…lat-black/7056048705.html

I saw this one for sale locally. He said he would negotiate the price, but that he did spend $$$$ to wrap it matte black and upgrade the lights. Any idea what a good price would be for this one? $15k??

Just my opinion but I would avoid anything with a full wrap. The Slingshot has a lot of angles and sharp edges where wraps ted to fail. If you look at anything with a graphic package you will notice they do not roll over the edges and tend to hold up much better.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• https://atlanta.craigslist.org…lat-black/7056048705.html

I saw this one for sale locally. He said he would negotiate the price, but that he did spend $$$$ to wrap it matte black and upgrade the lights. Any idea what a good price would be for this one? $15k?? He has it listed at $16900.

That slingshot is not worth more than 13k(to me), the wrap is a moot point, probably peeling around corners or will start soon and then will need to be removed, everything else seems stock on that sling.

Aftermarket parts"upgrades" do not add much value to slingshots, what they do is that they help people choose that upgraded sling vs a stock one.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• That slingshot is not worth more than 13k(to me), the wrap is a moot point, probably peeling around corners or will start soon and then will need to be removed, everything else seems stock on that sling.

Aftermarket parts"upgrades" do not add much value to slingshots, what they do is that they help people choose that upgraded sling vs a stock one.

100% agree.

I would offer him 12k and start there as a negotiating spot. If he bites let me know and I will take a look at it for you (If you want) as I am closer than Dave to that location.

Now, due to the drive distance that will cost you a Chick-Fil-A # 1 Deluxe with a Large unsweetened tea (yea I'm a Yankee transplant).

Keep us posted.

• 100% agree.

I would offer him 12k and start there as a negotiating spot. If he bites let me know and I will take a look at it for you (If you want) as I am closer than Dave to that location.

Now, due to the drive distance that will cost you a Chick-Fil-A # 1 Deluxe with a Large unsweetened tea (yea I'm a Yankee transplant).

Keep us posted.

Unsweetened tea here too! (From PA) I'll tell him I could do around 12k and that I have some hesitation due to the wrap. Otherwise I'll go with the one in S.C. if it Dave gives the ok..

• Unsweetened tea here too! (From PA) I'll tell him I could do around 12k and that I have some hesitation due to the wrap. Otherwise I'll go with the one in S.C. if it Dave gives the ok..

Slopoke is also a sucker for a Waffle House breakfast :)

Dave likes donuts, with sprinkles, more sprinkles the better.

Is this particular sling stock other than the wrap? Mods typically don't drive up price, but they do offer value. From the limited size and angle of the pic, the wrap does look good. Slopoke can be trusted as well, he's very knowledgable and is very handy when helping install a new rear end :)

• Slopoke is also a sucker for a Waffle House breakfast :)

Dave likes donuts, with sprinkles, more sprinkles the better.

Is this particular sling stock other than the wrap? Mods typically don't drive up price, but they do offer value. From the limited size and angle of the pic, the wrap does look good. Slopoke can be trusted as well, he's very knowledgable and is very handy when helping install a new rear end :)

He said upgraded headlights, upgraded stereo and carbon interior wrap were the other upgrades.

• He said upgraded headlights, upgraded stereo and carbon interior wrap were the other upgrades.

Blacked out wheels, painted calipers.

From the pic, stereo confirmed.

Possibly an F4 windshield, square cut corners, but unable

to see any outward curvature at the top of windshield...

not the angle cut Ripper or Blade from Polaris.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• He said upgraded headlights, upgraded stereo and carbon interior wrap were the other upgrades.

The pictures posted show a stock SL stereo which is total crap, an upgraded headlight probably refers to LEDs bought from Amazon(~$29.99).

The wrap is the only big ticket($1000-2000 local prices here) and is not something that increases the value if anything is a headache waiting to happen, many members had their sling wrapped/plastic dipped years ago when the sling first came out and none(that I know of) had good outcomes due to all the sharp angles on the sling.

Since the sling is plastic the panels tend to expand/ contract with exposure to the sun which is bad for vinyl.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• The pictures posted show a stock SL stereo which is total crap, an upgraded headlight probably refers to LEDs bought from Amazon(~$29.99).

The wrap is the only big ticket($1000-2000 local prices here) and is not something that increases the value if anything is a headache waiting to happen, many members had their sling wrapped/plastic dipped years ago when the sling first came out and none(that I know of) had good outcomes due to all the sharp angles on the sling.

Since the sling is plastic the panels tend to expand/ contract with exposure to the sun which is bad for vinyl.

You are so negative about the stock radio. Everyone is not all in on using the radio anyway. I have to 2015 SL and have never had a problem with the radio and I used it for the first couple of years as of now I very rarely turn it up loud enough to hear it when riding. Years ago I was into all of that loud noise, not so much now and I do not have to have the latest and greatest stereo in my SS to impress others.

• FunCycle Gerald, i could see you riding around with 10 subs sticking out of the side fenders and a few behind the seats just pounding your backside and throw in some lights to go along with the bass and flip that MAGA hat around and cruise the strip on a set of 22” all around :00008356::00008172: ya right!

• FunCycle Gerald, i could see you riding around with 10 subs sticking out of the side fenders and a few behind the seats just pounding your backside and throw in some lights to go along with the bass and flip that MAGA hat around and cruise the strip on a set of 22” all around :00008356::00008172: ya right!

You mean those hay wagon wheels. I never could get into lights, but Terry would rather have lights than HP.

• You are so negative about the stock radio. Everyone is not all in on using the radio anyway. I have to 2015 SL and have never had a problem with the radio and I used it for the first couple of years as of now I very rarely turn it up loud enough to hear it when riding. Years ago I was into all of that loud noise, not so much now and I do not have to have the latest and greatest stereo in my SS to impress others.

I never drive with the SS radio on...can’t hear it anyway...

• You mean those hay wagon wheels. I never could get into lights, but Terry would rather have lights than HP.

I can never get how people put 22 inch wheels on the slingshot. I csn only imagine the awful ride at highway speeds and the decreased handling not to mention acceleration. To esch their own. Looks over function i guess.