Purchasing Used Slingshot

• offer them 12 flat. They will sell. At 12k thats a fantastic deal.

I'd still take their offer if they reject $12K flat, though. That's still a good price. Also, since that Slingshot is relatively close to you, you save on transport costs. Just get a SC temporary tag and arrange your insurance coverage before you go pick it up and then enjoy your trip home!

• Sheree202 insurance can be all over the place and only a few of the companies will insure the Slingshot. If you have trouble getting insurance check with Dan

pasted-from-clipboard.png

dherrera@twfg.net

He is in Texas but has insured a lot of Slingshot all over the country.... Mins included.

I do lots of miles and am a little older with a good record and pay $325.00 yr for full coverage. And the only thing that Dan has of mine is the Slingshot.

• Sheree202 insurance can be all over the place and only a few of the companies will insure the Slingshot. If you have trouble getting insurance check with Dan

dherrera@twfg.net

He is in Texas but has insured a lot of Slingshot all over the country.... Mins included.

I do lots of miles and am a little older with a good record and pay $325.00 yr for full coverage. And the only thing that Dan has of mine is the Slingshot.

Wow EJ. I pay $450 and I thought I was in luck. I thought $450 was great when some wanted $1300. I'm calling that guy when I renew.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

dherrera@twfg.net

thanks for the post! I’m calling your man today. I’m actually embarrassed to say what I’m paying for insurance right now....🤨

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have my Slingshot insured with State Farm.

It is the only thing I have insured with them.

I just renewed today with 100-300 full coverage at $319 a year.

Been with them since it was new as Florida Farm Bureau would not insure it back in 15.

• The only real difference between the 2016 and the 2016.5 was the addition of the heat shield around the muffler on the passenger side. If this one hasn't been done, it's less than $300 for the kit and a couple of hours of time in the garage - very easy to do.

The 2016.5 upgrade also included the shroud behind the radiator to help for heat down in addition to the exhaust shield.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• State Farm wanted $350 for the 2015 since 2015 when I bought and $750 for the 2016 that I bought back in Nov. I think it was.

FunCycle much appreciated on the prompt with this. Allstate just jacked up their motorcycle rates in an egregious way. I just called State Farm and saved myself $500🤑

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Sheree202 when my 1st Sling was totaled ( I was rear-ended) I found a replacement in Minnesota (I'm in Washington state). One of the forum members, mniron drove his Sling an hour to check it out for me, brokered the deal, then put it on a trailer and drove it 1,850 miles to my house. The next day he loaded up my broken Sling which he bought from me and headed home. I did this all on the strength of his reputation here on the forum and had never met him until he pulled into my driveway. The people here are the real deal and are definitely willing to go out of their way to help out a fellow Slinger/human being. Good luck! It looks like you got this...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I was with State Farm from day one with the 2015, but they for some reason wanted over $700 for the 2016. I have had insurance with them for over 50 years. Not anymore, everything is with Dan now

years ago insurance companies considered you as a valuable asset......and you stayed loyal to them and them to you....

now if you’re claim is going to cost them a nickel they will throw you to the curb faster than flies getting on a turd.

they don’t care if you’re loyal. They are not going to be loyal.....they will keep increasing your rate until you throw in the towel and while you’re leaving them, they are laughing and yelling NEXT....it reminds me of the game you have to play with cable companies and cell phone companies to get a decent rate.

corporate greed rules ...it’s all about the bottom line STUPID....