Purchasing Used Slingshot

• I'm purchasing a Slingshot for my husband's birthday as a surprise. I'm wondering what is considered high mileage?

My choices:

2017 - 7500 miles - would need to have it shipped ($15k)

2016 SL - 22000 miles - local ($12k)

I'm leaning towards the newer one, but the price tag is tempting on the 2016. Thanks!

• As they say the devil is in the details, all things being equal the local for 12k(possible less with some haggling) sounds like the better deal to me as someone who would mod it to fit my needs.

Anything under 30k miles could be considered low miles for a 2016 and as long as maintenance has been kept up then it should be a good machine.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I'm purchasing a Slingshot for my husband's birthday as a surprise. I'm wondering what is considered high mileage?

Anything over 30 years old may be showing excess mileage. Is he in shape? Have a gut? Sedentary lifestyle? Actual mileage can be hidden by plastic surgery or other work. Be very careful!

Okay enough fun. Serious answer: I personally don't have the experience to fully answer your question but I consider anything under 10k low mileage. There are still many used Slings available with less than 5k on them. While I would consider either of your options, I would favor the lower mileage unit. However, many used Slings come with several mods that can save you big bucks if they are items you would purchase so you should get that info before deciding. Also, shipping costs can be onerous because of the 3 wheel configuration so research that carefully. I'm sure others will weigh in.

Final thought: Awesome gift and you are obviously a prize! Stick around after you acquire ownership. Lots of great folks and info here.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Make sure your comparing apples to apples also, do they have the same options? Models the same? Why are they selling? Has the crap been run out of it? All things to consider. Do you know someone that has one that can look at the local one and give a non bias opinion and possibly connect with someone on line to check out the one farther away. Just my .02 cents for what it's worth

• There were several different models out in 2016... Looks like a good deal and miles are OK... If you let us know where you are located many of us would be willing to go with you to take a look. My 2016 (Spiderman pics) has 72,000+ miles and run great.

@Sherree202 let us know how we can help.

• https://www.revzilla.com/commo…-mileage-for-a-motorcycle

https://www.nadaguides.com/Mot…LINGSHOT-SL-2384cc/Values

I put around 10,000 a year on mine, that’s with riding it almost every nice day....no winter riding.

a slingshot isn’t a regular motorcycle....

price will also depend on if it’s a plain model, SL or SLE...

don’t forget insurance .....average price should be around $500.....you’ll get crazy offers over $1000....

• As some others have mentioned in this thread, there could be some differences between those 2 that make the 2016 a steller deal and the 2017 just ok, really depends on any modifications, maintenance and overall condition of the two.

Do you have any links of the ones for sale you can share?

• I just bought a 2016 SL with 10,000 miles for $13,000. I could not turn it down (Local) I am working on 94,000 miles on Sling I . 2015 SL. One other thing you could look at is what warranty is left if any.

• Hello Sheree, I'm selling my 2018 SLR electric blue with Slingshade top and Polaris rear fender and other accessories for $21k with a 3 year extended warranty from November 2019, and have 29k miles but always serviced by the dealership every 5k miles?

Where you located??

• The question for me isn't what slingshot you should get him for his birthday... the REAL question is how he lucked into marrying you! 😇

He must have invented chocolate in a past life or something!

I predict it will be a grand birthday for you both!

Just be sure you get your share of time behind the wheel!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• The question for me isn't what slingshot you should get him for his birthday... the REAL question is how he lucked into marrying you! 😇

He must have invented chocolate in a past life or something!

I predict it will be a grand birthday for you both!

Just be sure you get your share of time behind the wheel!

I spared no expense buying my wife a new washer and dryer, whole house sweeper, dishwasher, lawn mower, snow blower, power washer, wood chipper, quick jack and assorted power hand tools. There is nobody luckier than her....

• I have around 56,500 miles on my 2015 Slingshot. Added a turbo at 36K after the original 2 year warranty expired. I've had it torn apart for mods a couple times for multi-month priods so those miles were actually put on it over about 3.5 years. Still runs great.

Both Slingshots seem to be priced nicely. Are they both the Base model (also called Slingshot S) or is either one an SL (includes radio, backup camera and slightly larger wheels). If your husband likes to listen to music, go for an SL, if available, since adding a decent sound system will cost at least $500-1000 or more. Also, does your husband have a color preference?

Personally, I'd rather have music over color. I started with a 2015 Base Metallic Titanium model, had it repainted yellow before Polaris ever offered that color, added my own music system (I'm probably on my 3rd or 4th mod to the radio/speakers) and have modified a lot of different things on my Slingshot.

• I spared no expense buying my wife a new washer and dryer, whole house sweeper, dishwasher, lawn mower, snow blower, power washer, wood chipper, quick jack and assorted power hand tools. There is nobody luckier than her....

A washtub and clothesline, broom, dishrag, goat, broad shovel, garden hose, axe, dry thumb, and a flashlight.

Wouldn't call her lucky...

Tired, maybe...

Not lucky. :)

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Get the 17 with the lower mileage. Are you set on those 2? What model are they? Are there any accesories installed? These are all things that need to be considered. But if they are both the same model go for the one with lower mileage always.

• the low mileage one could have been driven by a speed demon on a rented mule....

They Should be looked at in person and test driven.

can someone near those SS help her out with an eyes on inspection?

depends on the actual owner ....high mileage one could be a little old lady owned and driven to church and shopping....

• Hello Sheree, I'm selling my 2018 SLR electric blue with Slingshade top and Polaris rear fender and other accessories for $21k with a 3 year extended warranty from November 2019, and have 29k miles but always serviced by the dealership every 5k miles?

Where you located??

This is the one that I'm most interested in due to it being all black. We rented Slingshots on vacation in the D.R. and he picked the black one over all other colors.

https://www.cycletrader.com/li…shot-Slingshot-5010735063

As some others have mentioned in this thread, there could be some differences between those 2 that make the 2016 a steller deal and the 2017 just ok, really depends on any modifications, maintenance and overall condition of the two.

Do you have any links of the ones for sale you can share?

I'm located in