New Anti-theft accessory

• I'm actually not as worried about the Slingshot getting stolen as I am about getting molested, carjacked, robbed when I'm out & about.

I saw this "Driver Defense" rig, about $60 from Alien Gear Holsters & decided to try one.

The idea was that the shell holster could be swapped from the car rig to a paddle holster. I've had this two days & decided that's bunk. The shell is nice, covers the muzzle completely & protects it when riding in this position.

Thumb lock retention means Mr. Walther won't go bouncing around the cabin or fall out all together! The gear-looking knob locks into the receiver & allows any draw angle. Trouble is, when mounted on the paddle holster, it makes everything stick out at least an inch from your belt. I don't like the way it sticks out - way too conspicuous, bounces about too much.

The between the knees rig doesn't seem to interfere with pedal work (more testing needed), draw is quick & easy, so is reholstering. Great concealment, no need for a shoulder holster and vest. Gonna try this for a month, may still go back to a leather shoulder holster after all that!

I'll let everyone know how it works.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

Been looking for something to use in the RV that can be moved around ..... this looks interesting .....

Alien gear does not handle my model but they do make units for my Wife's so thanks ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The Driver Defense holster isn't perfect. The front of the seat on the slingshot is angled back, not vertical. This makes the gun's grip angle out a bit.

The Walther PPQ (4" barrel) is the biggest gun I would try this with, a full size duty pistol would be too big, stock out too much.

I'm going to drive with this a bit, I figure if it isn't what I want for the Slingshot, I can use it in my SUV.

Going to send back the OWB holsters I ordered with this in any case. Too bulky! Going to check out DeSantis and Galco for a shoulder rig.

• I have to take back any recommendations for this product. Tested it on an hour's drive, no problem with pedals or shifting, but the holster quickly slipped down to the point that the gun was parallel to the floor and undrawable.

Gonna try the rig on my SUV, but I'm within an ace of sending it back.

• Ankle holsters are great for driving but my opinion is have your gun on you at all times. I wear my appendix rig everywhere and in the last two days have put over 400miles on the SS wearing it. Very comfortable and always within reach... Stay safe.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos