Anti Theft?

• amazon, ad said 8 left, I bought one....

It shipped within 24 hours

By the time I looked at the link you posted it said no longer available (That's why I posted the ebay link). They may have done an inventory count when you ordered and made an adjustment.

• As BryanL mentioned earlier in this thread, the e-brake lock will fit the stock handle with a minor adjustment. LargeCar uses one and he told me just had to sand a little girth off the bottom of the handle. You'll want to make sure that your knob isn't so slender that the lock can be pulled over it when installed.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• As BryanL mentioned earlier in this thread, the e-brake lock will fit the stock handle with a minor adjustment. LargeCar uses one and he told me just had to sand a little girth off the bottom of the handle. You'll want to make sure that your knob isn't so slender that the lock can be pulled over it when installed.

you also might want to put some loctite on the threads holding the shift knob on so that it cant be easily removed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Yup. Just take a little off the corners is all it takes. Just helps keep the honest people honest. The bad guys will get it no matter what you do.

LC

• Yup. Just take a little off the corners is all it takes. Just helps keep the honest people honest. The bad guys will get it no matter what you do.

LC

And, like I mentioned earlier, it has been our experience that thieves sometimes seemingly are just looking for that challenge, where if it is too easy they may not bother either. Another thought is how much damage will a thieve cause just trying to steal it, even if they do not get off with your ride?

Bill

• I'm not looking at this product as an "anti-theft" deterrent. I want it for piece of mind that my Slingshot will remain in gear with the e-brake applied.

After hearing and reading countless stories about random idiots that feel it is OK to jump into a parked Slingshot to take selfies or just see how it feels, I worry about these morons releasing the brake and running through the gears.

• I'm not looking at this product as an "anti-theft" deterrent. I want it for piece of mind that my Slingshot will remain in gear with the e-brake applied.

After hearing and reading countless stories about random idiots that feel it is OK to jump into a parked Slingshot to take selfies or just see how it feels, I worry about these morons releasing the brake and running through the gears.

Thats exactly why I love my Scorpio alarm with motion sensor & siren ....had a few try sitting in mines for a pic and when the siren went off , they always have that "I'm Busted" look on their face b4 they even get their butt inside and they ALWAYS walk away, love it

• A story that I shared a while back:

"It is so funny that this topic came up now for even as I write this there is a lil war going on with an employee with an alarm in his car and 5 or 6 mischievous juveniles. The kids sneak up, jostle the car to set off the alarm then running off as the owner goes charging outside, this has been going on all morning to the humor of everybody else in the building! :D

There it goes again!! grin.pngbiggrin.png"

And here recently for the past couple of weeks now alarms have been going off all around the neighborhood almost nightly................................. :D

Bill

• After changing out a few things, I thought I would give one of these a try.

Picked up on Amazon for $35

It fits perfectly with the following:

1. Twist E-brake cover

2. NRG shift adapter

3. Generic shift ball from Amazon.

To prevent scratching, I used a couple old smelly socks. Honestly, the socks alone will deter anyone from jumping into the Slingshot.

You can't move the gearshift out of first. The sock makes it close to impossible to remove the knob without a pipe wrench.

Even if the knob is removed, the lock mechanism goes around the upper lip of the NRG adapter. So, still locked in place.

• Tripod - You're up....

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• How about links to the products on Amazon?

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.