Recall fixed battery drain

• the full size batteries called for 575 CCA

for the small batteries they recommend 400 CCA

same motor.....my biggest argument is concerning the amount of electronics the smaller battery can produce and handle....no way it can match the bigger battery...those smaller batteries are taking a beating....constantly over heating the smaller plates...which causes them to warp...

like I said - unless you want to add electronics the smaller AGM battery should be plenty, and also much more physically durable than a flooded cell which is very old tech which goes back to the 1800's

If I were needing the larger power I would never go with flooded cell - AGM is a must in my book - vastly superior in every way and much better at keeping corrosion issues in check

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a 2016.5 when I first received the SS I drove it infrequently and for short trips (no more than an hour). After a couple weeks the battery was completely dead. I had a power cable beside the driver seat, so I thought I would recharge through the cable. Nothing. I took off the battery panel and charged directly through the battery. I also found that the power cable was not attached at the positive lead. I ran a battery trickle charger periodically after that.

Then a year later my battery died. As I was charging through the power cord I noticed an arc. The power cable had no sheathing on it and it had worn through the insulation and was arcing on the seat frame. This had killed the battery. I next pulled the power cable, replaced it with a new one, and ran it through a proper sheath into the passenger compartment. This year i have not had the battery discharge, and I run the trickle charger monthly.

• the batteries in the 2015 slingshots were "full size" but they were not very high power and as far as car batteries go they were pretty much bottom of the line flooded cell batteries - - I highly suspect that the AGM motorcycle batteries actually cost Polaris more money when they switched to them.

my next battery will be the Duracell Ultra AGM - 24 mo full replacement - its got 400 cold cranking amps which for my needs is probably overkill and its more than some of the so called "full Size" car batteries

That’s what I am using now. No problems, but I do use tender on it.

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I'm curious if anyone else has experienced intermittent drain. Sometimes mine is fine after 2 or 3 weeks and sometimes it drains in a couple of days. I haven't done the recall yet and am now hopeful that will cure it. I've been wondering if it's related to the Digital Guard Dawg keyless ignition system.

• I'm curious if anyone else has experienced intermittent drain. Sometimes mine is fine after 2 or 3 weeks and sometimes it drains in a couple of days. I haven't done the recall yet and am now hopeful that will cure it. I've been wondering if it's related to the Digital Guard Dawg keyless ignition system.

Yup. I went over my sling with a fine tooth comb looking for the source of the drain. Would be fine for a week off the tender and then suddenly dead in a couple of days seemingly at random. I even put an ammeter inline and never saw any excessive drain. Usually just a few milliamps. Had the two recalls done a while back. Haven't had a dead battery since. It may be a complete coincidence though. I just don't know. (I also have the digital guard dawg installed, and a Neutrino Aurora)

• My SS is a daily driver, so really haven't experienced a battery drain issue. I did however get to work one day and forgot to turn off my heated gloves and 8 hours later she was dead, dead!! Borrowed some jumper cables from my buddy and moved the seat forward and hooked the cables to the jump post and it still didn't start!! Had to remove the panel to get it jumped. Apparently the cables are hooked up correctly. Something I still have to look into why because I made sure everything had a solid connection when I installed the posts myself.

Be safe and God bless!