Nascar Windshield

• This is my 2nd windshield, first was a Madstad/TD, which worked well, just didn't fit the lines of the sling with my TD top. The Nascar looks good and works well. I will say, you will need the Baker Air Wings for better air flow, which work really well.

I wish I had gotten the Nascar first, highly recommended.

• I use the TallBoy +2 and it's my favorite windshield. The sides aren't as close to the posts as the F4 products so it allows for a good breeze from the front without putting you at risk of random debris. I have reviewed 5 different windshield and I would say the NASCAR +2 is the best windshield on the market followed closely by the Madstad/Twist dynamics 11" adjustable windshield (if you live in warmer states).

Here is my review of the tall boy +2...but I also have the standard tallboy and both are great windshields:

NASCAR Tallboy +2 review

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I have one also. I have the standard size lens and also one that was standard and I cut down an inch. This is the 4th windshield I've had and it's hands down my favorite. Mine has never once fogged up. There is not any wind buffeting on the top of my head or helmet when I wear one. It is a quality product and Kevin stands behind it. If I had to buy another one I would repeat this purchase.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I have one also. I have the standard size lens and also one that was standard and I cut down an inch. This is the 4th windshield I've had and it's hands down my favorite. Mine has never once fogged up. There is not any wind buffeting on the top of my head or helmet when I wear one. It is a quality product and Kevin stands behind it. If I had to buy another one I would repeat this purchase.

I do hope no one has the fog problem, it is a very dangerous problem and it has happened to me twice on the interstate at 85-90 mph and I could not even see thru the wind screen. . As I have said many times before I do not like riding and having to look thru the wind screen. I have been riding motorcycles since May, 1964 and have never had a wind screen on a bike of mine. A tall wind screen, a + 6 came with Sling II and it was like riding in an oven with no top, even with my vent system it did not stay on the Sling very long. It is now taking up space on top of the 35 Ford. Both of my Slings have wind screens that have been cut down to just above the center brace.

• thanks for the feedback so far. Particularly, i was considering a Mastad, but was concerned about the air coming in underneath the shield in colder weather. So, if you have any more feedback comparing/contrasting the Mastad and the Nascar, i'd love to hear it.

Dave

• thanks for the feedback so far. Particularly, i was considering a Mastad, but was concerned about the air coming in underneath the shield in colder weather. So, if you have any more feedback comparing/contrasting the Mastad and the Nascar, i'd love to hear it.

Dave

We have the Madstad where the air underneath when the windshield is adjusted all the way down is a non-issue and raising the windshield in the summer time is a blessing. Keep in mind, it is that air coming underneath that practically eliminates all buffeting within the cabin area, no wings required. Here is a picture of what happens to a windshield in cooler temps/ high humidity situations, and it is not even raining.)

Also, on cooler mornings, we have have had the windshield instantly fog/frost when coming up over a pass or dropping into a low lying area, so because of these experiences, we have to agree with FunCycle where we would not recommend a windshield that cannot be at least looked over the top of.

Bill

• I have a seat cushion you can pick up at any store in the camping section. I actually have two, they tuck in very nice behind each seat. It lifts me up and over the windscreen should a situation arise.

• One of the things that is contributing to this is the very high humidity and the atmosphere is close to being saturated with water vapor in that picture. If sitting still, those droplets probably not form, but as you start to drive the windshield will create a high pressure area in front of it and a lower pressure behind it. When this lower pressure forms on the back side of the windshield, that air slightly cools decreasing the ability of that air to hold the same amount of vapor it was able to hold and that water vapor will start to collect on surfaces. Any windshield should have this same problem unless you can equalize the pressure on both sides of the windshield in very high humidity conditions. Probably not an issue for someone that lives in Arizona, but here in the South or areas that get high humidity, that can be a problem.

Anyone that has flown will see a similar condition happen on airplane wings when flying. On the top of the wing is lower pressure and you will see a "cloud" form because of this same principal.

Dave

In my review up above, I compare the two briefly.

As far as some people expressing concerns about fogging...I have run in to it 2 times...and it did surprise the hell out of me. I have since used Optix 55 on mine on days that are a little prone to fogging...which really isn't that often in Colorado.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I could never survive the hot weather with those tall shields. Since I don’t have one I’ve never had a fog problem I couldn’t overlook. I really like the madstad but have been running double bubbles for now on this new one. Still have madstad on my other one. Once I get everything else done I will put a new madstad on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• dallen1059 I,d be happy to chat with you more on our Nascar if you have any more questions. I've sat back and enjoyed listening too many satisfied customers being able to assist you with here and I do appreciate all, guys.. Windshields in my mind are a personal preference. If you enjoy the looks of the extra slope and additional aerodynamic benefits of side to side arch then the nascar may be right for you . You can always start a private conversation with me here if you would like as well.

• dallen1059 I,d be happy to chat with you more on our Nascar if you have any more questions. I've sat back and enjoyed listening too many satisfied customers being able to assist you with here and I do appreciate all, guys.. Windshields in my mind are a personal preference. If you enjoy the looks of the extra slope and additional aerodynamic benefits of side to side arch then the nascar may be right for you . You can always start a private conversation with me here if you would like as well.

kev - Always super helpful!

• I have a NASCAR-style Tallboy Plus 2, ordered primarily on the basis of @Br4hm4's review, but haven't installed it since I'm doing several things to my Slingshot and have the dash torn apart. I replaced the original Blade windshield my dealer threw in as a freebie with a MadStad Single Adjustable 13" Windshield so I could enjoy the airflow under the windshield. I even drilled a second set of mounting holes above the original holes so I could mount the windshield even lower during cooler weather. I drilled the holes a little too high (around 1.25", IIRC) and found I needed to raise the windshield before I could open the hood, but the lowered position did a good job of reducing the airflow under the windshield while still allowing some airflow.

I ordered the NASCAR-style Tallboy Plus 2 windshield to stop any rain coming under the windshield and possibly damaging my Innovate SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge (not waterproof).

At one point, F4 Customs offered a modified Honda Goldwing windshield vent for their shields (and may still), so I've been thinking about buying one of the vents on EBay (around $25+) to see how well one might fit the NASCAR-style windshield. There are 2 versions of the Goldwing vent, with the GL1500 vent being more sharply curved than the GL1800 version, which is probably a better fit. The Goldwing vent does require using a handheld jigsaw to cut a relatively large rectangular hole.

Another possible solution to allow some airflow is a set of Vetter Vents that easily install in round holes drilled in the windshield, but the Vetter Vents are only about 3" in diameter, so they probably will not provide as much airflow.

I just ordered a pair of Vetter Vents and a Honda GL1800 vent via EBay so I can try to get an idea how well each type will fit and any difficulties that I think might be involved with their installation, but I don't how long until I actually try to install one or the other.

Edited once, last by BKL ().