Big bad max horn install questions.

• I just purchased a 2016.5 Limited Edition slingshot. Previous owner had installed some type of air horn set up that does not work. Factory horn is no longer there. Read posts on another forum saying big bad Max was a good replacement. However finding very vague instructions. The horn came with a 30 amp relay. From what I’m reading I’m going to connect the factory horn wires to that relay. At that point if I run 2 more 16 gauge wires from the relay directly to the horn I’m getting a clicking noise and horn is in operable. What wires do I need to run to get this to work properly. Thanks in advance for any help. Slingshot also had a Fuze block installed if that is necessary for wiring.

• These horns pull around 11 amps. I just kept installing larger fuse until it quit blowing. I did run the cheaper Bad Boy on the factory wires with no problems for a while until I changed up the wire size for the 12 volt supply to the relay. I have been running the Marco Tornado for a couple of years now with this set up. Now for another part of the story. Sling II had a set of the musical horns run on the factory wire, the compressor was slow running and would barely blow the horns because there was too much voltage drop. Yes! I removed that set up yesterday to install the same set (Marco) up that I have on Sling I.

• These horns pull around 11 amps. I just kept installing larger fuse until it quit blowing. I did run the cheaper Bad Boy on the factory wires with no problems for a while until I changed up the wire size for the 12 volt supply to the relay. I have been running the Marco Tornado for a couple of years now with this set up. Now for another part of the story. Sling II had a set of the musical horns run on the factory wire, the compressor was slow running and would barely blow the horns because there was too much voltage drop. Yes! I removed that set up yesterday to install the same set (Marco) up that I have on Sling I.

I’m Getting just a clicking sound when connected to factory wiring. Figured if anything compressor may run slow or horn would be somewhat muted but no sound at all. What’s my option with powering the relay separately.

• I’m Getting just a clicking sound when connected to factory wiring. Figured if anything compressor may run slow or horn would be somewhat muted but no sound at all. What’s my option with powering the relay separately.

Some of those horns have to have the right polarity and will not run if power is reversed. Ask me how I know. I am working on the install of the Marco horn on Sling II as we speak. Everything is ready except for installing the fuse block, 6 circuit marine from Amazon and the power wires

• to wire the relay, run the two stock wires to one side of the relay (may be small teminals). The other side of the relay will get one hot wire from the battery ( I pulled from the alternator) the other terminal goes to the horn. Then run the other horn wire to ground.

• Some of those horns have to have the right polarity and will not run if power is reversed. Ask me how I know. I am working on the install of the Marco horn on Sling II as we speak. Everything is ready except for installing the fuse block, 6 circuit marine from Amazon and the power wires

tried swapping sides...same result.

• to wire the relay, run the two stock wires to one side of the relay (may be small teminals). The other side of the relay will get one hot wire from the battery ( I pulled from the alternator) the other terminal goes to the horn. Then run the other horn wire to ground.

perfect. That’s exactly what I am looking for ....I have a fuze box so I will take my 12v from that. Think my issue may be the ground. Have to clean up some wiring done by previous owner then I will give this a try. Thanks again

• I have both the big bad boy and the bad max on mine. Having the high and low tones works great and seem louder.

would you mind sending me a couple pics of it if you have a chance...my factory horn was already removed so I don’t even know where it goes...the after market one he had installed was in the passenger fender well but don’t like the idea that you can see it easily. Would rather have it mounted in the engine compartment