Accidental discharge!

• Tell her to work on her draw and point...

She won't need the 13 round spray-and-pray mag.

I carry a Beretta Nano with a 6 round mag. The Hellcat comes with an 11 round flush and 13 round extended mag, a highly desirable feature if one is attacked by seven or more dishwashers at once.

Boom! Dere it is!

(You know I'm messin' with ya, right?)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Glad you were not pointing it at anything that bleeds. 8)

I was taught how to point and shoot. It's not the most accurate way but it definitely will work. I'm at most within a couple of inches of what I'm shooting at everytime. I hope the only thing I ever point it at is targets.

Practice is the only way point and shoot works

• I did just order a dream gun for me. It’s a H&K SP5. I have to wait a few months to get it from my dealer because he is getting huge markup right now on them and he sells to me at cost. I own several HK guns and very much looking forward to this one!

• If you do not want to wait on the Hellcat, the new Sig P365 XL comes with a 12rd mag and predrilled for an optic and are available now. Last week, grab a gun had them in stock and ready to ship cheaper than anyone else. I have the regular P365 and love it.

Oh great. I just got a video review of the XL in my email this morning. Now I have to go down to the gun shop and check out the Sig. Dammit! I usually walk out a few bills lighter...:P

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Glad you and Guardian_Angel are ok, other than your pride.

I thought it was only younger teens that had this problem... guess when you get old, it comes back. There is probably a pill for it though, might check with your doc :)

You'd be right!

My doc has a pill.

No way am I gonna take it!

What the hell would I do with the next 3 hours 59 minutes and thirty seconds???

I could probably shave my face and entertain him for five more minutes... kinda a trip down memory lane type thing.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• He told half of the story... I share the blame for this accidental discharge. This Ruger was my first gun purchase back in 2013. When I first got it - I shot maybe 1 and 1/2 boxes of name brand shells with it and it had issues with getting jammed. We figured it was just during a "break - in" period and discounted it. I purchased a second mag and some Hollow-Point rounds and had one mag loaded for self defense and one with regular shells for plinking targets. About 2 boxes of shells thru it - the Hammer Catch Spring came loose and disabled the gun altogether. Steve DID fix it, as Ruger offered to do also - but it would have also taken 6 months for Ruger to return my gun to me... Steve fixed it and it worked fine but because I no longer trusted this gun as a means of self protection - I put it in a drawer and had not messed with it for several years until two weeks ago.

The morning of this accident - I was heading to Kentucky by myself for work purposes - and wanted to carry the Ruger - ONLY because its the smallest pistol I have. I had forgotten that I had two magazines... I opened the case - and seen the slide pulled back and a round chambered - and a magazine clip laying loosely in the case. This pistol does not have a safety - the safety is - it will not fire unless the is mag installed. Steve was eating breakfast and I was running around trying to gather things last minute.. I held up the loose mag and told Steve " when you get done eating - clear this round from the chamber for me and I'll install the mag for transport. If I have to use it... I know I'll have to chamber a round - but if I leave one in the chamber - I don't want to put the mag in it - so either way I gotta do something before I use it..." Steve had glanced over towards me - and seen the clip in my hand. Now... this is MY gun...I am the one who bought the extra magazine... I am the only one who has used it...I am as much responsible - if not more - because I failed to recognize that the gun was ready to shoot, because a flush mounted clip was in fact already installed. I even turned that gun around in its case in a circle - aiming the barrel of a loaded gun at my husband - and myself before I had walked away from the kitchen counter..

I had to be on the road at 5am to make it to Kentucky at a certain preset time. In all the rushing, grabbing, snatching, hugs and kisses, and hurry hurry hurry... I was in a rush to get out the door and purposely saved the gun being packed in the car as the very last thing. Steve - also in a rush to make sure I had all the items - picked up the gun - me chattering and blabbering at him - he went to clear the barrel - and...

When that gun went off and we were both just standing there shell shocked.. my mind was trying to understand how the gun went off - and I seen Steve grab the side of his face that was not facing me... I can't put it into words -

I asked him in a scared voice " are you?? are you ok?? He said "yeah, this ear won't stop ringing though". My lungs could finally breathe in some air again...

Now - I know how this sounds... I know.. but everything happens for a reason. I learned this lesson many many times during my life... God has given me insight during some tragic and scary times - as to why things happened the way they did. Far too many times to be coincidental...

I know in my heart of hearts... if I had just decided to leave that round in the gun - thinking the only mag was laying loose in the case - it wasn't a maybe, or a possibility - I WOULD have either shot myself - or shot someone else with that loaded gun. So I guess... its safe to say - God saved me from me -again.

I think it was a stark - cold - reminder that was very loud and very clear - that life is fragile. That we are not ever promised our next breathe. That in the blink of an eye - lives can be forever changed.

I left the house 30 minutes late... I drove the speed limit for the next 365 miles, and I thanked God for his mercy - and for once again protecting me and my husband.

I left that damn gun at home.

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• He told half of the story... I share the blame for this accidental discharge.

You didn't need to state this, we knew it.

I've heard bad stories about these guns, this is probably the worst.

I'm a big fan of the Sig P380, it's small and yet has plenty of stopping power, easy to shoot and comfortable. Bought one for the GF a few years ago, she loves it.

• I have a Ruger LC9S - it is my EDC gun. Have had it for years, superbly accurate, have run hundreds of rounds through it without a problem. I always carry with a round in the chamber in an Urban Carry G2 holster, I train regularly this way, and I won't have a carry gun with a separate safety. Too many times pulling the trigger and missing the shot because the safety was on - this was never a disaster, but all the same, no safety on my EDC.

Just my 2 cents - everyone needs to do what ever is necessary to keep safe. What ever way you carry - practice and train that way! In a SHTF situation, you're going to do whatever you practice most.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have a Ruger LC9S - it is my EDC gun. Have had it for years, superbly accurate, have run hundreds of rounds through it without a problem. I always carry with a round in the chamber in an Urban Carry G2 holster, I train regularly this way, and I won't have a carry gun with a separate safety. Too many times pulling the trigger and missing the shot because the safety was on - this was never a disaster, but all the same, no safety on my EDC.

Just my 2 cents - everyone needs to do what ever is necessary to keep safe. What ever way you carry - practice and train that way! In a SHTF situation, you're going to do whatever you practice most.

I do not buy hand guns with safety's on them either. The safety is the trigger finger

• I do not buy hand guns with safety's on them either. The safety is the trigger finger.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you... that's kinda like saying the brake pedal is the only safety device I need in a car.. but -I have always been a little leary of anything that can kill me when I wasn't ready to go...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• .... yes... i have to turn to the key and press the gas pedal for the brake pedal to ever be useful..