Accidental discharge!

• I will take the ribbings...

If you will hear what I say.

Respect the weapon!

If I had any idea of the stupidity I was gonna perform this morning, I would have skipped this day.

At 5:00 A.M. this morning, was preparing the wife's 9mm pistol for her trip. Unfamiliarity with her weapon and I failed to properly clear the weapon.

Blew a hole through the soft carry case and kitchen counter top. Mega sawdust to clean out from cabinets below.

Got a hole in the dishwasher to patch.

Woke Guardian_Angel and myself up faster than any cup of coffee.

And here at near 8:00 AM, ears are still ringing.

So, gonna swallow my pride...

And will take the razzings...

If you will listen.

Not gonna bore you with all the rules of gun handling.

But, remember this one!

Always keep the weapon pointed away from yourself and others.

Feel free to add any comment or joke that you feel is appropriate or not.

Just know this for a fact...

Ain't nobody can kick my ass better than I can.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Glad everyone is safe, that could have ended much worse.

Also, great that you shared your experience to remind all of us that those safe handling practices are there for a reason. You could have never posted this and no one would have known, but hopefully this post will make someone think about this next time they are handling a gun.

Once again, glad everyone is ok, but looks like someone is going to be shopping for a new dishwasher ;)

• That definitely could have been a lot worse. Glad everyone is ok including neighbors. Had an acquaintance do something similar but the bullet went in his forearm and exited through his elbow and stopped in the wall. He was a 20yr Army vet with countless hours of firearms training. Mistakes happen but I bet you never make that one again.

It's cool that you posted this for awareness and again, I'm happy everyone is ok.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I had forgot about this one back when I was a kid. My dad hunted and had been around guns all of his life. For some reason he was handling a shot gun while sitting on the bed. mom was standing at the foot of the bed at the mirror. Dad shot a hole thru his pillow and thru the wall into my bed room, I was not there when this happened. Stuff like this is why we teach gun safety at the shooting range everyday. The first thing you do is check to be sure that the gun is not pointed at someone the second is that it is unloaded before handling. I had two child hood friends that were killed while sitting on the bed handling guns. "YOU CAN NEVER BE TOO SAFE"

• airoutlaw much respect to you to use this as an opportunity to educate/remind others of the most important safety aspect of handling firearms - perhaps at your own expense,

I have only had one accidental discharge in my years of shooting and it also demonstrates the need to manage your muzzle AT ALL TIMES. Mine happened during what is a routine safety check when hunting. I have the habit of loading my hunting rifle, chambering a round, engaging the safety, then pointing at the ground and pulling the trigger. I mean, how do you know if your safety works if you never pull the trigger when the weapon is hot. I do this several times per season. Well one morning I pulled up to my area on my quad in about a foot of snow. It was still dark, completely fogged in and the wind was blowing sideways. I loaded my rifle and thought I slid the safety forward but with my heavy gloves could not tell that it was frozen and did not move, and a visual check was not possible in the dark. I about shit my pants when I pulled the trigger and it discharged. You have to consider the possibility of a firearm discharging every time and every second you handle it. Just like riding a motorcycle, NEVER get complacent with your habits or routines.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You did less damage to yourself and others than my step brother who fell off a ladder and cracked three ribs and lacerated his liver. But now I have to wonder... did that bullet ricochet off the dishwasher in Alabama and hit my step brothers ladder in Iowa? Is that what really happened? I think we should do an investigation and find out.

• I almost pre-ordered and I almost ordered again this week through Ammoland. I'm going to hold out until I can get the optic ready OSP model. You know, for my wife. :)

But if I get one for my wife... I'm gonna need two!

And a new shell for my Alien Gear holster...

And two red dot optics...

And maybe a larger Urban Carry holster...

And a couple extra magazines...

And a couple extra boxes of 9mm, you know, to get proficient with the new gun...

And.... 🤩😜

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Been there done that. Been around guns my whole life teach conceal carry classes in my basement. I made a terrible mistake years ago. I pulled my Vepr-12 shotgun out of the safe took the clip out got a phone call talked for like five mins went back to the gun and for some reason I was messing around with the trigger that I was thinking of replaceing and boom shot through my wife’s pillow and through the wall buck shot went outside and through another wall. I now tell that story in all of my classes. It was one of the dumber things I’ve ever done. Wife was not pleased. I’m very blessed no one got hurt. I triple check now every gun is cleared.

• You did less damage to yourself and others than my step brother who fell off a ladder and cracked three ribs and lacerated his liver. But now I have to wonder... did that bullet ricochet off the dishwasher in Alabama and hit my step brothers ladder in Iowa? Is that what really happened? I think we should do an investigation and find out.

We'll save the tax payer money this time.

Opened the dishwasher and picked up the mangled hollow point slug that was laying in the bottom.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Tell her to work on her draw and point...

She won't need the 13 round spray-and-pray mag.

Some people target shoot but for your protection you should learn to point and shoot. Also if you have a safe place to practice you would need to learn how to move and shoot and hit what you are shooting at. This would be walking in and out to the target and also moving cross range shooting. SAFETY - SAFETY - SAFETY I do this at my local outdoor range when I am there all by myself, we do not do this if anyone else is on the range.

• My wife is jonesing for a Hellcat with the 13-round magazine.......

If you do not want to wait on the Hellcat, the new Sig P365 XL comes with a 12rd mag and predrilled for an optic and are available now. Last week, grab a gun had them in stock and ready to ship cheaper than anyone else. I have the regular P365 and love it.

• learn how to move and shoot and hit what you are shooting at. This would be walking in and out to the target and also moving cross range shooting. SAFETY - SAFETY - SAFETY I do this at my local outdoor range when I am there all by myself, we do not do this if anyone else is on the range.

I love doing this. In MI we have a lot of state game areas where they've cut out flat bottom "bowls" into the earth for designated shooting areas that are large enough to set up a walking target range to where you'll never hit anyone else. Moving and shooting, for me, was a lot tougher than it looked in the beginning. But it's one of my favorite things to practice.

• I have about every M & P Semi, but I carry the 9 C which carries 12 + 1 but I also just bought a couple 30 mags which means that you could carry in your blue jean pockets around 420 rounds. Why worry about an AR -15 unless you are going to shoot long range. M & P/ Glock there is no difference, I bought the M & P because they were first with the adjustable back strap and at the time all of the Glocks were too large for my small hands. PRACTICE - PRACTICE - PRACTICE AND THEN PRACTICE SOME MORE