Impeachment, let your Senator Know

• I just want to know if it's too late to buy stocks in the company that provides the pens to Congress and the POTUS. Damn. Did you see Pelosi yesterday when she signed the charges to be brought to the Senate? Each complaint was signed and each letter in her name used a separate pen so all their "donors" get steal (I mean RECEIVE) a free pen that was actually used to sign something. One way to save a few BILLION DOLLARS would be buy a box of BICS at the Dollar store and use it until it runs dry. Goes to show you that we have the BEST members of Congress that money can buy - and usually does

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I just want to know if it's too late to buy stocks in the company that provides the pens to Congress and the POTUS. Damn. Did you see Pelosi yesterday when she signed the charges to be brought to the Senate? Each complaint was signed and each letter in her name used a separate pen so all their "donors" get steal (I mean RECEIVE) a free pen that was actually used to sign something. One way to save a few BILLION DOLLARS would be buy a box of BICS at the Dollar store and use it until it runs dry. Goes to show you that we have the BEST members of Congress that money can buy - and usually does

Speaker Pelosi's actions and her words are not consistent. She states how somber this process is, but then publicly signs the articles with much fanfare including multiple pens for mementos of the occasion to share with her democratic leaders and capturing the images of them walking it down the hall like they do when celebrating a significant legislative win. If the democratic leadership truly felt what they say then the articles would have been delivered without fanfare and would have had a simple announcement that they had been delivered to the Senate. I am really afraid that our political system has set a new low standard where we can expect any President to be impeached in the future if their party does not control the House. These political weapons, once unleashed, will not be put back in the box. If a President happens to serve where their party doesn't have a majority in both the Senate and the House they might as well not unpack their stuff because success in the first 100 days of office might be making it to that point without articles of impeachment being filed against them.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• Sorry folks, I wanted members to vote on all the areas that met their input on the poll. There are 5 questions and I had only one option that could be voted. In my effort to change the poll, I lost the votes that some members registered. I have input options for you to vote on each option and change the vote if circumstances lead to changing your mind as the trial goes on. Please go back and vote again if you already voted as I lost the votes tallied so far. You can input 5 vote options now.

Thanks for your understanding, we are at the beginning.

• Hey, I just came up with a brilliant idea on how to get rid of Pelosi and her gang of fools from Congress.

She used several pens (in excess of 24 pens) to sign the orders of impeachment yesterday. She then went and gave them away to her "managers" that will be presenting the case against Trump. The pens were made by the Cross company and cost in excess of $125 EACH. Based on the limited supply and the desire to have a piece of history, it is easy to assign a fair market value of those pens that were used to sign the paperwork a value well in excess of $500.

As such, she took it upon herself to STEAL government property (a high crime in every sense of the word) and donated them to members of the House of Representatives. In knowing full well that these were not hers to give away, each representative who received one should be charged with receiving stolen property as well as accepting gifts (aka BRIBES) in a quid pro quo. Without it being said, they took something of value (a stolen gift worth in excess of $500) in exchange of their vote to impeach. If that's not the boldest move of bribery of multiple public officials on camera, nothing is. I'm sure Attorney General Barr would love to make sure that the Constitution that Pelosi so proudly like to flaunt gets used as the founding fathers intended it to be. At least, Pelosi should be charged with campaign finance violations

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Typically I do email my NJ representative Andy Kim. A democrat who boasted impeachment from the first day he took office. I get his updates and he was all over impeachment and made it a priority day one!

But the thought of contacting Senators Cory Booker & Bob Menendez voicing my disagreement with the impeachment? Perhaps its worth it to make their bold boil! Enough hatred in those two to blow off the top of a volcano!

I'm retired and my wife has about two years. Can't wait to get out of this tax everything state.

• The comments so far are the same as on Thread, Politics Sucks. I created this thread mainly to discuss the trial testimony after each day. We should go into it as jurors with an open mind to judge the facts presented. Everyone try to hold off till trial begins. When the trial begins on Tuesday, let’s all post comments about the testimony. The House has the constitutional duty of Impeachment, they have reached a point of charges against the President. The Senate now has the constitutional duty to hold a trial. This is not debatable. We are at the trial. Let’s be jurors and judge the facts presented. The prosecutor and defense have been selected. We the jurors are ready. Thanks, for participating.

Everyone should vote on the poll now. As the trial goes on, you have an option to change your vote for each question. I have tested the poll and found you can select multiple questions to vote, but can only change one vote at a time. Check your votes to be sure it works correctly for you. If you find issues let me know. We have folks voting already.

Link to Poll for this thread. Post #3 on page 1.

Impeachment, let your Senator Know

• Pelosi and her pens: It is a historical moment, just like passing an executive order...Trump does the same multiple pens thing when he signs bills or executive orders. Obama did it, Bush did it. It's a momento that is given to those involved or sometimes affected by the action. Funinthesun it isn't an illegal gift or stealing, especially when a government owned pen is given to another government employee. ;)

If people/senators listened to the House hearings it is very understandable that they have made up their minds already(those in The House did). Basically if they say he is innocent or guilty before the Senate trial begins, doesn't necessarily mean they are biased.

After the House hearings I would conclude from all the testimony that Trump told many people to "talk to Rudy", even to the President of Ukraine in the "perfect call". Rudy then told several of those that testified that, "Aid was to be withheld until the Ukranian President ANNOUNCES an investigation into the Biden's and Burisma"(the company Hunter Biden worked for) by order of President Trump. It would also seem all these Rudy conversations took place outside of the normal government channels, at times at odds with the official channels. Trump who infamously bashes anyone that slights him, has not said one bad thing about Rudy. That leads me to believe that Rudy was in fact speaking for Trump on this deal.

All of the witnesses the Republicans requested in the House investigation were requested to help prove Biden guilty of a crime. If Biden is guilty of a crime investigate him and prosecute him. Biden's guilt has no bearing on Trump's guilt. The House investigation showed that Trump was only seeking an ANNOUNCEMENT of the opening of an investigation into the Biden's and Burisma, not of ALL corruption in Ukraine as the Republicans and Trump claim. I do think Trump should allow all requested documents to be released and all the pertinent House requested witnesses to testify. I don't think the accused should be able to control what witnesses can be called and what documents can be seen. If he is as innocent as he claims, they could only help exonerate him. After hearing testimony during The House hearings, I know I would like to hear from Bolton, Mulvaney, Rudy and one other guy who's name escapes me right now.

The new evidence from Lev Parnas doesn't require that you trust him or his word. His words are backed up by email, text, WhatsApp and phone records.

I will be going into a anti media/ outside influence bubble once the trial begins and only be listening to or watching C-Span. I will see or hear the entire trial. That is what I did during the House hearings and I feel better informed because of it.

Here is the link to C-Span Radio so that all interested can listen when they are away from a television or Sirius satellite radio.

https://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=radio

samowens44 I will change my votes during the trial, if new evidence is presented, but won't be able to participate in conversation about the trial during the trial.

:)

• George Conway seems to be one of the few Republicans who remembers that the Senate Oath of Office pledges our loyalty to the Constitution and our Laws and not to any political party's figurehead. George Washington feared the corrupting influence of political parties and this situation may prove his worries true.

• I don't care even if Trump held up money to Ukraine. Biden's a crooked Hillary is a crook and probably a lot of other politicians that we don't know about. All the Congress had to do is slap Trump on the hand and say don't do it again and get on with the people's work.

• I don't care even if Trump held up money to Ukraine. Biden's a crooked Hillary is a crook and probably a lot of other politicians that we don't know about. All the Congress had to do is slap Trump on the hand and say don't do it again and get on with the people's work.

That is why everyone in Washington does not like President Trump. He is getting in their pockets. We are talking about Dem's and republicans that have been in Washington for years. IMHO if they have been in office over two terms they are more the likely crooks on the dole. They are not working for the people that put them in office.

This is the issue I have with this whole impeachment. The impeachment revolves around corruption which took place before President Trump came into office. From my understanding Hunter Biden was inducted into the National Guard bypassing the normal process of basic training, At times this happens in critical carrier fields in times of need. Typically its done through a process in stages. Retired former members first etc. From my understanding Hunter was a public liaison? Hardly a critical carrier field. Also from my understanding Hunter was discharged for a failed drug test. I'm guessing his initial induction was a workaround to get around drug testing?

Then (and all from my understanding) Hunter is given an incredible high paying job with no experience in the energy field the job calls for. Then the energy company who Hunter works for comes under investigation. Then Joe Biden for some reason calls for the firing of the investigator looking into that energy company and brags on video that the investigator was fired (I believe within six hours)?

Sounds like corruption and Quid Pro Quo to all high heaven to me? In my opinion even if everything the democrats are claiming is true. Essentially its the equivalent of saying. Were corrupt, we know it and if you question us were coming after you and you'll pay the price.

Where is the outrage and finger pointing from the media on this?

• I think the most important question of all is being missed in this impeachment. IF it were a Democrat President that had done the EXACT same thing Trump did do you believe the Republicans would sink this low?? It is my belief that many Republicans found Obama just as distasteful as Democrats do Trump - conservatives are just not cry babies!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOLF thanks for adding the link. I will be watching where I can receive it mostly on my computer. I was beginning to think I was the only one that wants all facts to come out.
    Sorry to hear you will not be able to comment during trial, I hope all will listen or watch the trial if possible. As we learn new facts, all votes can be changed to reflect. I am not going to listen to any of the news commentaries, I am going to trial and hear just the facts from daily trial.

• I like the title of this thread “let your Senator Know” I live in California and I am pretty sure that “my” Senators don’t live here and the ones that do have most likely already made up their minds

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think the most important question of all is being missed in this impeachment. IF it were a Democrat President that had done the EXACT same thing Trump did do you believe the Republicans would sink this low?? It is my belief that many Republicans found Obama just as distasteful as Democrats do Trump - conservatives are just not cry babies!!

Yes, I do. I find it ironic that Ken Starr was a prime mover in pushing for as many salacious details as possible to be included in Clinton's Impeachment report, yet now frowns upon that practice.

I felt Clinton acted every bit the sleazy lawyer when he answered that He had not had sex with that woman. His answer was truthful in his mind to the specific question asked, but that didn't make it right.

Recent political party behavior proves George Washington's fears abut political parties acting in the party's interests and NOT in the interests of the country.

Even if the quid pro quo in Ukraine is overlooked, Trump clearly broke the law in withholding funds specifically allocated by Congress for use in supporting Ukraine. Even the GAO recently reported its conclusions on this. Trump made absolutely no attempt to include any other investigative demands that might have justified his actions and shown that he wasn't simply acting in his own interests, but he did not demand any other investigations beyond the actions that he wanted for his own purposes. It would have been a relatively trivial action that wouldn't have required much effort by White House personnel and would have covered his very generous butt and we wouldn't be in this situation, but he didn't.