Impeachment, let your Senator Know

• We are at a point of historic history. I have seen one site that seems to be the view of our Membership. I want to address this new era to begin a new area of our political process. I would like to see how we address the Senate Trial. I am also posting a link for all US Senators. I encourage you to contact your Senators to express your views on this matter. I feel they need to hear from us. Just to make it clear, I am Republican all my life. You can express your views, let's follow this and take in a historic moment. I will wait for the trial to end before making judgement.

Folks, I am on my way out as I no longer own a Slingshot, but feel I still have a voice as I have contributed to the Forum with my Page Samowens Media and infor Section. I just want to leave with this new thread to see how our future moves. Let the Trial begin.

Link to Impeachment Question Vote Poll. Post #3.

Impeachment, let your Senator Know

Let's all contact our US Senators and express our views as how they should vote. Make your thoughts be known!

https://www.senate.gov/senators/index.htm

• I have contacted both of my Florida Senators . I hope each of you will take my lead and contact your Senators. I feel, we are testing the constitution at a level that has never been address. We will get a chance to see the trial and make up our minds with the facts presented. I hope all Senators, will treat this as a trial and not a political venue. I feel the American People should tell our Senators how they feel. This will be the most fair way to come to the true outcome. Forget politics, let's try the facts, ALL THE FACTS, let's hear from any witnesses that have input into this trial. Now, you have your chance to express your points. New conversations for the trial.

• Impeachment Question Vote 20

1. Do you Feel the evidence does not support the Charge? (16) 80%
    2. Do you believe that it rises to High Crimes and Misdemeanors to be removed from office? (5) 25%
    3. Should Additional witnesses be allowed? (6) 30%
    4. Should the President be allowed to stop his cabinets testimonials? (4) 20%

I have created a Poll that we can post our decisions as these trials go on. I have conditioned it that you can change your votes as evidence changes you views. Let's all wait till the trial begins and each day make a vote. We will see how things go with all our members in their votes. I am going to watch it all and vote and if feels change will change vote.

We are living a historic moment in real life that will be view way in the future. Let's see if we can make this turn out they way the people want. VOTE! You can click on any questions that fits your preferences.

It appears, you can only change 1 vote at a time. You can vote on more than one question at a time.

• There's no way for this to not be a fair trial regardless of what side you're on. You can't turn the news on without seeing Pelosi or Schiff trying to get THEIR side out to the voters. Any good lawyer will tell you that you plead your case in a court of law not in the court of public opinion. The whole House "show" was just that - get in front of the voters in an attempt to influence their vote in November. They hate Trump so much (and have since before he took office) they made the charges personal when they added the "if convicted he can never hold any public office again". That is NOT in the Constitution that they all are waving and reading saying they have to follow it since it's their DUTY to do so. If they really wanted a fair hearing, they would have at least attempted to make it look somewhat unbiased and allowed the Republicans to have their witnesses testify. As a result, it was a vote to impeach (with the exception of two representatives) based on how Nancy Pelosi wanted her "people" to vote. Now that it's in the Senate, they can't stop crying about the process not being fair and if the Senate doesn't vote to remove him from office, then they are the ones who have ignored their oath of office.

The Democrats have flubbed their way through what could have been an easy task. They have even admitted behind closed doors that this was never their strategy to have Trump removed from office, but a last ditch effort to try to gain control of the White House as well as the Senate in November. That would be the biggest abuse of power that we have seen in our lifetime. Be prepared for the left wing to give away free money to ever faction they can to assure they remain in power. Open the borders so more illegal aliens can drain our limited funds for everything from free education, health care, day care, child credit on their tax return (even if they don't pay any taxes), free Obama phones, $10 a month internet service and on and on. I think it may be time to take a hint that Whoppi Goldberg came out with 4 years ago - If the DEMOCRATS get elected, I'm moving out of the country

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Members, this process is going to test our constitution. The house has the power of Impeachment. The Senate holds the trial. Politics will be a key factor as to how our congress votes. Their vote will be in order of how their voters dictates.

The voter has the power to convince the elected officials vote. Politics should be out of the equations when you have a trial. Each Senator has to take an oath to be impartial. The Facts should be the only factor to evaluate. If we vote with political party views, we are a fraud trial. Trials are the separation of truth and justice. As the Senators go into trial, they should separate from political views and look at the facts as presented. All facts, new facts and anything that will either tell the voters what is correct or wrong. I want to know all facts. I want to hear all wittiness. I do not want anything excluded.

• There's no way for this to not be a fair trial regardless of what side you're on. You can't turn the news on without seeing Pelosi or Schiff trying to get THEIR side out to the voters. Any good lawyer will tell you that you plead your case in a court of law not in the court of public opinion. The whole House "show" was just that - get in front of the voters in an attempt to influence their vote in November. They hate Trump so much (and have since before he took office) they made the charges personal when they added the "if convicted he can never hold any public office again". That is NOT in the Constitution that they all are waving and reading saying they have to follow it since it's their DUTY to do so. If they really wanted a fair hearing, they would have at least attempted to make it look somewhat unbiased and allowed the Republicans to have their witnesses testify. As a result, it was a vote to impeach (with the exception of two representatives) based on how Nancy Pelosi wanted her "people" to vote. Now that it's in the Senate, they can't stop crying about the process not being fair and if the Senate doesn't vote to remove him from office, then they are the ones who have ignored their oath of office.

The Democrats have flubbed their way through what could have been an easy task. They have even admitted behind closed doors that this was never their strategy to have Trump removed from office, but a last ditch effort to try to gain control of the White House as well as the Senate in November. That would be the biggest abuse of power that we have seen in our lifetime. Be prepared for the left wing to give away free money to ever faction they can to assure they remain in power. Open the borders so more illegal aliens can drain our limited funds for everything from free education, health care, day care, child credit on their tax return (even if they don't pay any taxes), free Obama phones, $10 a month internet service and on and on. I think it may be time to take a hint that Whoppi Goldberg came out with 4 years ago - If the DEMOCRATS get elected, I'm moving out of the country

It is good to hear all members views, thanks for sharing. It is the process that leads people to put their views in order.

• I have created a Poll that we can post our decisions as these trials go on. I have conditioned it that you can change your votes as evidence changes you views. Let's all wait till the trial begins and each day make a vote. We will see how things go with all our members in their votes. I am going to watch it all and vote and if feels change will change vote.

We are living a historic moment in real life that will be view way in the future. Let's see if we can make this turn out they way the people want. VOTE!

If you're receptive to it Sam, how about adding a third choice. Do you believe that even if they proved their point, it rises to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors to be removed from office

• I would like Bill Martin bring the Politics Suck followers here to add their views that have been expressed for a number of years. I want us to express our views for the trial. It will allow us to view the facts and discuss them on our forum. We should all view the daily trial info and come back to make our comments. Vote each day, if your vote changes, you can change the poll vote to reflect. If you have addition questions that would help with expressing our views, let me know, I will add it. History here, let's jump on board.

• John Roberts is being sworn in as the trial judge at this moment. History oath. Now all senators are being sworn in. They will view the trial as to facts only. Each Senator is ask to swear to it. Folks, this is an important part of our constitution.

• Does anyone else find it odd that just 90 days ago Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman pleaded not guilty of making illegal campaign contributions while Pelosi, Schiff and Chuck Schumer were calling him (them) as felons and tried to implicate them in the Ukrainian

cover-up? Now when he's looking at serving time in PRISON, he's saying whatever he can to help lessen his time served, these same liberals are using his testimony as "undisputed facts of the case?" WOW, can they lower the bar any more? Maybe it's time to subpoena the White House paperboy to see if Trump was seen kicking his dog while they're at it

No dogs were injured in making this point

• Folks, how can evidence, documents and testimony be blocked by the defendant. I want to hear all evidence for a case. Would you want to have a trial involving your interest and not have all people or evidence that would support your case. You would be very disturbed as I am. Do you feel the president should stop his administration from testifying. I will make this a question for our poll. Please, express your views on this, I just want to hear everything, how do you feel.

• Majority leader is speaking about the House Impeachment chargers. I will try to inform of updated info as it becomes available. I will be following closely. Next date to start, Tue Jan 21st. The link below you will be able to follow any proceedings. Remember, we want to discuss results of the day and vote if needed when your views dictate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live/

• I feel each of our constitutional branches have a duty to our well being. When we find the branches are in difference, we need a way to settle the differences with the language of our constitution. I feel we are at that point in our 200 plus years. This will set the values for the future. Can a president do anything he wants to achieve what he believes is the best for our country. Folks, that sounds like a Dictator. I do not want one man to make all decisions he thinks is in my best interest. Congress is made up of many branches to direct our nation in a direction that will best value our people. If we do not have all our congress involved in major decisions, then, the presidents can go in a directions that may not be in our best interest, only his. We need protection from powerful wealthy people from getting into our democracy. Most of the people are not wealthy, we do not have the power of wealth. We do not want anyone to use our powers to gain over the people.

I do not have any special interest, I am not a gun carrier, I do not have wealth, I just want to live, buy needs, and have a home and family, with a degree of safety. I would rather have a government that will help protect me and provide services that will help my family. I see a key factor in all this is the right to won weapons. I do not want the wild west. I do not want to have to pack a gun to go to town. I want laws to keep me safe without this wild west factor. Voters should be able to direct our congress to give us the safety we need. It is up to us as voters to guide our elected officials to our goals. I don't want o carry a gun, folks. I do not want all the gun violence against schools, churches and large gatherings. I have been heart broken over all the damage people have done to our citizens with guns. Sorry, I am very emotional about this.

Folks, we have the power over all, our vote. one vote does not mean much, but many votes can change anything. I want to have our constitutions give us our Pursuit of Happiness! My thoughts from my heart! As the trial goes on, I will review the facts and make final decision, let's all do that.

• Roberts has just sworn in all Senators for the trial to use facts and not partisan views. This means, you weigh the facts presented. This means, each senator if independent and not of a political party. This is our democracy at work and I hope it does work. I think that is how our congress should work. As we go through this trial, I hope our members will view each day and we meet back for a discussion and vote.

Each Senator must sign the oath for be impartial. Just one I caught to sow.

• Now, as group members, we set aside political party views and we look at the trial just for the facts presented. Can we do that also. I am looking at it that way. We are jurors ourselves and have an opportunity to judge the outcome as a group. Please join with me and let's do this. Clear your mind and let's look at what the facts are and make a judgement. I am looking forward to our discussions. Thanks for participating.

• I feel each of our constitutional branches have a duty to our well being. When we find the branches are in difference, we need a way to settle the differences with the language of our constitution. I feel we are at that point in our 200 plus years. This will set the values for the future. Can a president do anything he wants to achieve what he believes is the best for our country. Folks, that sounds like a Dictator. I do want one man to make all decisions he thinks is in my best interest. Congress is made up of many branches to direct our nation in a direction that will best value our people. If we do not have all our congress involved in major decisions, then, the presidents can go in a directions that may not be in our best interest, only his. We need protection from powerful wealthy people from getting into our democracy. Most of the people are not wealthy, we do not have the power of wealth. We do not want anyone to use our powers to gain over the people.

I do not have any special interest, I am not a gun carrier, I do not have wealth, I just want to live, buy needs, and have a home and family, with a degree of safety. I would rather have a government that will help protect me and provide services that will help my family. I see a key factor in all this is the right to won weapons. I do not want the wild west. I do not want to have to pack a gun to go to town. I want laws to keep me safe without this wild west factor. Voters should be able to direct our congress to give us the safety we need. It is up to us as voters to guide our elected officials to our goals. I don't want o carry a gun, folks. I do not want all the gun violence against schools, churches and large gatherings. I have been heart broken over all the damage people have done to our citizens with guns. Sorry, I am very emotional about this.

Folks, we have the power over all, our vote. one vote does not mean much, but many votes can change anything. I want to have our constitutions give us our Pursuit of Happiness! My thoughts from my heart! As the trial goes on, I will review the facts and make final decision, let's all do that.

samowens44 - just because you don’t have a Slingshot anymore does not mean you are on your way out with us IMO. Your contribution to our community has been immeasurable. I am going to try and respond to a few bullet points to topics you have previously mentioned.

1.) Once upon a time I felt the same way that you do about guns. I never dreamed that I would feel the necessity to have a firearm either on me or within arms reach at all times. Times have changed !!! I like to believe (and hope) that 99% of gun owners are like me - they hope and pray that they can go to their grave without ever having to draw their weapon on another human being - let alone kill them. On the other hand we cannot ignore the fact of that 1%. It is one of our most cherished rights to be able protect ourselves and our loved ones. I do not want my 2nd Amendment rights infringed upon.

2.). There is no way that this impeachment process will ever be fair. The House ignored 250 years of jurisprudence allowing hearsay evidence to be allowed. No defense witnesses from the President allowed. What they did come up with is NOT a crime. What the Democrats have done is bastardize the impeachment process devaluing it for prosecution of future Presidents.

3.). We all would like to see a fair trial conducted the same way it is in your local courthouse - BUT IT IS NOT !! IMO to compel Executive Branch personnel to testify in open court is a HUGE mistake. Do not ever think that the world is not watching what is unfolding here. Do you think other world leaders will want to discuss sensitive issues knowing it could end up on the 6pm news?? I think not and we should err on the side of caution when it comes to executive privilege.

3.). I think the American people are realizing what a political hit job this has been. Can you explain how the rules for the Clinton impeachment were suddenly completely the opposite for Trump? Clinton committed a crime - perjury - I want someone to show me in a law book the high crime or misdemeanor Trump committed.

4.). FAIR??? Does anybody even in their wildest dream think Schiff and Nadler are the least bit concerned with that? Do you think Sanders, Warren, Bennet and Klobuchar will recuse themselves since they are ALL already on the record saying Trump is guilty?? Not a chance in hell!!!

Liberal ideology is crushing this country and they despise Trump because he is the opposite of that. If we all want to live in a shithole like San Francisco - I say throw Trump out and vote in Sanders or Warren. No matter what the libtards say - this is the best place in the world to live bar none - do we really want to fundamentally change that ??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it