2020 Slingshot Reveal and info

• The new engine is just that - NEW. Polaris built (or had it built to their specs) for the Slingshot. I'm sure they have put it through the "usual" testing, but to say they have results of hundreds of thousands of miles and years of use is not what you'll hear about this engine. I'm sure any issues with it will occur in the first two years of life and the warranty will cover it. I would not hesitate about buying one if I was in the market for a new slingshot. If you're looking for a reason NOT to buy ANYTHING, you can find several reasons from any product. Buy one, ride the hell out of it, and enjoy it.

This caused me to recall all the issues that arose when the SlingShot was first introduced, oh the whining, crying, bitching and complaining that went on because of it! But Polaris handled these issues each one by one and ultimately the SlingShot become a pretty dependable machine. I would have confidence that Polaris will continue to do the same with the 2020 and following generations.

Bill

This mirrors my belief. This engine is new but the Polaris engineers didn't start with this engine. They have lots of experience to draw on. My expectation is that there will a couple, three hitches that need to be tweaked and that within a few months they'll have a solid platform. I may not be a buyer but, hey, I got mine!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• The Prostar has proven its metal quite well in the 800 -1000 cc UTV industry and I know of one there that gets pounded pretty damn hard all the time , problem free. And just lengthening a block and adding more cylinders is a pretty well known concept, Hell in the post WWII aircraft boom every manufacturer ran a 65 hp lycoming or Continental on 4 cylinders and within a few years they evolved into the same 4 cylinder motors with 2 or even 4 more cylinders added . Actually some were 8 cylinders first then just chopped off blocks and cylinders for smaller versions. The 6 and 8 cylinder Lycomings and Continentals today are basically just an enlarged version of the 4 cylinders and oddly enough most aircraft engines today still run on that .80 year old engine technology .

But this Prostar powered RZR doesn't run on old technology and will set you back in the seat through every gear if you can hang onto it. There are plenty of race teams modding an turboing and getting vast H.P. increases , no doubt Dave and the guys will all be checking this out, but who knows maybe the 2022 Slingshot RS will be a 300 HP 6 cylinder Prostar normally aspirated , LOL.

• The new engine is just that - NEW. Polaris built (or had it built to their specs) for the Slingshot. I'm sure they have put it through the "usual" testing, but to say they have results of hundreds of thousands of miles and years of use is not what you'll hear about this engine. I'm sure any issues with it will occur in the first two years of life and the warranty will cover it. I would not hesitate about buying one if I was in the market for a new slingshot. If you're looking for a reason NOT to buy ANYTHING, you can find several reasons from any product. Buy one, ride the hell out of it, and enjoy it.

if they address the warranty right away.....if it turns out you need a replacement engine you’ll lose a summer of riding waiting for it....

• With all due respect Bigdog, have you been negative all your life or only since the Slingshots came out? I highly doubt YOU would be the first one that needs a replacement engine and if so that it would take 3 or 4 months to get you one.

Just pull the trigger and deal with life as it happens. If you constantly worry about the "what ifs", you'll miss out on so much

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• They nixed a bunch of small features that would've been nice... two for example, a center phone charging pad, heated seats... maybe those will be included in the 20.5 models...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Fixed that for you

ohhhhh - cant resist - - - federally its still a motorcycle - and most definitions of what an "autocycle" is say it is a type of motorcycle.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• So, a question, Now that the new Slingshots will have a engine and transmission that are not made by a car manufacture and have never been used in a car is it more of a "motorcycle" than previous slingshots :P8o

• Okay... can't resist...

What do you guys think about Coke and Pepsi? How about Ford and Chevy? AT&T vs. Verizon? LoL! ^^8o

All i know is that when i'm at a restaurant nobody cares about Coke....Because they always want to know if Pepsi is ok...:rolleyes:....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• More like an AutoATVcycle "highway use only"

frankly I would just go with the same thing I have called it since day 1 - - - it's just a reverse trike - - - thats it, nothing more - nothing less