2020 Slingshot Reveal and info

• I can't answer for all states but I can tell you that in Washington State center headlights are required for all motorcycles so they must qualify as headlights. Nobody has commented on the sidelights yet.

I think the sidelights look cool! That's my comment & I'll be the first. I don't often finish first and I feel good about it! Hah :)

• DynaBeads have been popular for years on motorcycle wheels & tires. I guess the belief behind them is there's less room to place balance weights and the beads will automatically distribute themselves each time the wheel begins spinning. I haven't used them, but have read numerous posts from users.

Been using Dyna Beads for years myself on my Goldwing and they are now in both my Harley tires and my rear slingshot tire has 3 oz in it .......buses, trucks use em also

• I've never heard of these magical beads. Curious, knowing how the SS is inherently less than a smooth ride. Did yours have a specific shake or shimmy at a certain speed or do these things actually smooth out (to an extent) what would be the typical ride we have come to expect on the current SS.

Also after installation did you remove the original balance weights?

Frankie55

• I did not remove the balance weights. I just added 2 Oz beads through the valve stems. The beads keep the tires in perfect balance therefore a smoother ride.

Thanks for the info. Although I have no issues with my sling, it rides fine. I think I'll give them a try.

• I did not remove the balance weights. I just added 2 Oz beads through the valve stems. The beads keep the tires in perfect balance therefore a smoother ride.

I removed the balance weights & used the Dyna Beads chart to tell you how much to place in according to tire size

• Has anyone taken the plunge and preordered the 2020? I know it's still soon after the reveal, but are the dealers offering MSRP price levels, or are they trying to go higher with B/S added fees like back in 2014/2015 because of supply/demand? I'm trying to see if I can get a decent deal on one, but I'm sure I'll have to wait until later in the year for them to play ball.

• Has anyone taken the plunge and preordered the 2020? I know it's still soon after the reveal, but are the dealers offering MSRP price levels, or are they trying to go higher with B/S added fees like back in 2014/2015 because of supply/demand? I'm trying to see if I can get a decent deal on one, but I'm sure I'll have to wait until later in the year for them to play ball.

I have been hearing MSRP on the 2020's right now, the 2019's you can get some big savings on though.

• I'm really shocked that they are only going with 2 models for 2020. Starting at essentially $27K is kind of crazy in my books, but I do hope that it's a succesful tactic. $31K starting price for the R...

All of a sudden me selling mine at $38K doesn't sound too bad lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I have been hearing MSRP on the 2020's right now, the 2019's you can get some big savings on though.

My local dealer has six 2019's in various trims (One is an "Icon" color) all at less than 2015 pricing for "cash only" purchase ..... he pretty much gave away a couple '18's a short time ago ...

Makes me wonder if he will even be getting any 20's ....

.... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Why not wait and buy pre-owned? Do you currently own a sling or not? TBH paying new prices for something that will depreciate so much in a year or two is far from worth it. Not just with a slingshot with any car. My 2 cents.

• Why not wait and buy pre-owned? Do you currently own a sling or not? TBH paying new prices for something that will depreciate so much in a year or two is far from worth it. Not just with a slingshot with any car. My 2 cents.

I don't currently own one, and I've been eyeing them since 2017 or so. I'm not too concerned about the cost, I was just curious if the dealers were trying to stick it to people on the new generation.

As for being worth it to buy new or wait for preowned, I'm not intending to wait anymore and I want the 2020. No offense intended.

I'll likely be one of the few Guinea pigs here that has to deal with the pitfalls of the new engine and drivetrain, but c'est la vie.

• I don't currently own one, and I've been eyeing them since 2017 or so. I'm not too concerned about the cost, I was just curious if the dealers were trying to stick it to people on the new generation.

As for being worth it to buy new or wait for preowned, I'm not intending to wait anymore and I want the 2020. No offense intended.

I'll likely be one of the few Guinea pigs here that has to deal with the pitfalls of the new engine and drivetrain, but c'est la vie.

No offense taken. Thats why I asked you if you owned one or not. If you’ve been looking to buy for a while I think it’s worth to jump right onto a 2020 rather than 19 or 18.

• I don't currently own one, and I've been eyeing them since 2017 or so. I'm not too concerned about the cost, I was just curious if the dealers were trying to stick it to people on the new generation.

Don't worry we will be right there with you testing everything we can on the new engine/transmission :thumbsup:

• I'm really shocked that they are only going with 2 models for 2020. Starting at essentially $27K is kind of crazy in my books, but I do hope that it's a succesful tactic. $31K starting price for the R...

All of a sudden me selling mine at $38K doesn't sound too bad lol

I am guessing they are doing this to clear out the remaining 2019's that they have. It would be surprising if we do not see a base model of the 2nd generation show up as a 2021 or 2020.5 with some special colors, etc. once the 2019's are all sold.