2020 Slingshot Reveal and info

• I like the front end design for the led lights. Not sure if the 4 led lights are just daytime running lights or are they actually projecting light onto the road. It appears to me the main driving lights are the one's in the center.

Also, what do the buttons on the steering wheel control? Would like to see what the digital dash is all about. I like the auto version, I was never really a manual kind of guy because I don't drive hard or fast. I also like the center console just from viewing these pics. Will have to sit in one to really get a good opinion, but from what I've seen thus far..... not trying to trade up. Curious to how many parts can be retrofitted!

Be safe and God bless!

• Ditto that here!

Me too. But, in all honesty.... with the one I now have with the Ecotech that's known for reliability even when boosted within reason, 285 HP at the rear wheel, what would make me even consider trading at this point? No way for me.... although I would possibly be interested in the front lighting and covers for the front pockets near the wheel. Also, I do like the mirror mount better, but all that can be had for much less than a trade up. Brody, I'm sorry the SS hurt your hips now when you took it out, but I'm really thankful to have gotten yours!

Nothing there for me to think about unless it was super charged

• To be honest, I love everything about the new slingshot except the new engine. I love the headlights and the front end. I love the new guage cluster and center console. I really wish they would have showed off more of the interior like what the steering wheel controls do. Also, would like to see what the new ride command display does. Hopefully they do sell a ton of these new slingshots.

• Are they still using the same old whining Angle Drive?

the angle drive looks basically the same as the one now, but internally they changed it a lot. The case has been strengthened, the gearing is slightly higher and a couple other changes were done to make it stronger and reduce the heat whine. The Slingshot that I drove in was really quiet in the back.

• the angle drive looks basically the same as the one now, but internally they changed it a lot. The case has been strengthened, the gearing is slightly higher and a couple other changes were done to make it stronger and reduce the heat whine. The Slingshot that I drove in was really quiet in the back.

Have you figured out how to boost that Prostar engine yet?

Seriously, this has me wondering about the aftermarket development cycle. It seems that someone would need to develop a supercharger or turbo system specifically for this motor, test it, then bring it to market. Would any company be willing to do this during the 1st 48 months of production while this brand new power plant is still under factory warranty?:/ Is this even a possibility for this particular, somewhat anemic motor?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Sorry its been awhile.

The release of the new slinshot is an exciting event for me. Now I can hopefully find a used one for about 10 grand. Already have the next design built in my head.

Good to hear from you good sir! Should we be on the lookout? Can you drive a stick?;)

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• How did it feel power wise compared to ours?

We did get a chance to go drive in them down the Las Vegas strip last night, obviously we can’t do a lot of hard full throttle poles, but overall it felt a lot like the slingshot that we have now. The engine overall with the stock exhaust, I felt it also sounded better than the current version.

Some of the biggest things that I took away from the test drive, were the shocks on the new slingshot seem to be valved differently than the current slingshot. While leaving the flamingo hotel, we had to go over about 7 to 8 speed bumps, usually in the current version that is pretty jarring. The new slingshot seemed to soak them up much better, and overall while driving also felt more comfortable. They don’t feel like they’ll compete with the aftermarket Coilovers set up’s, but definitely for a stock set up, they feel much better.

I talked with a lot of the engineers and people that worked on the new slingshot, and almost all of them overall felt that this is the slingshot that they really wanted to make from the get go. When you take a look inside and out all the little details of things that they changed, there are little differences everywhere on this thing. It really feels much more like a refined product than the current slingshot.

The new Prostar 2Liter engine is what I was anticipating they were going to do, basically they took 2 1Liter engines and put them together to create the new 2 L engine. A lot of the internals from what I was told are similar to the 1 Liter engine. There was no confirmed comments from anyone on a boosted version coming from the factory, but when I mention boosting the engine, two of the people I talk to said “that may have already been done”.

Overall, I came away pretty impressed with the new slingshot. It seems that they really addressed a lot of the smaller issues, and even bigger issues with the current generation with this new generation.

hope that helps,

Dave

• Im just wondering if it will be possible to incorporate some of the new features from the 2020 (lights, front covers) onto my 19. If not, I'm still very happy with mine. I do like where they cup holders were moved to.

• Couldn't agree more SlingLow

Too many times companies will purposely design stuff so you have to buy thier stuff only.

I imagine they've already got a factory turbo done or in the pipeline. It's kinda like flipping the middle finger at the aftermarket companies that jumped on board and supported your product from the beginning. Now they gotta start all over with an unknown entity.

And really why would you get an aftermarket turbo when you could get one from the factory with a warranty.

Feel bad for the suppliers :(

Love the new headlights although looks like the Canadian model doesn't get them:(. That ones got me scratching my head. Lol

That and they dropped the base model in canada last year. Entry level slingshot is the sl up here 33499.00. Think thier really shouting themself in the foot there not having a base model.

My 2 cents lol. Must be the cold making me grumpy :D

• So, I was checking out the websites and reviews this AM. I can answer some of the questions posted earlier:

• No "Base" (stripped) model any more. 2020 comes only in SL with Auto or R with choice of Manual or Auto Trans.
    • Same Engine in both, just detuned for the SL model.
    • Lot's of little refinements in chassis, suspension, steering (only 2.5 turns lock to lock vs 3.5 now).
    • Ride Command now standard. Navigation included in "R" model. (Seems that they are forcing you to buy the R model if you want any accessories).
    • Like the vertical stereo stock - should minimize glare.
      • Is the stereo a true double din or another custom sized unit?
    • Only enough space for 2 accessory switches? Which now look to be new lever style instead of rocker style?
    • And a much higher price. Sorry - not gonna spend $31K.
  • Okay enough negativity guys. I have a 2015 that I'm very happy with. The new slingshot colors excetera as far as Cosmetics look great. But that's not enough for us current owners to go and trade or buy a new one. If they came out with a supercharged model for under 30,000 with a 5 year warranty I may have been interested. It's pretty tough to come out with breaking new cosmetic changes when you had a winner out the gate.

hey - I will never have negative comments on the product design - or the fun the product creates....

My negativity stems from and is aimed towards the advertisement and information released - a severe lack thereof. Which does not excite or motivate ALL consumer groups - manual AND automatic groups, current owners AND new customers...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)