2020 Slingshot Reveal and info

• As a side note isn’t it a bit sad that even in the Philippines dealing with a volcano I am still following this 😬

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• One thing I have always liked about my slingshot was that the 2.4 has been around in one form or another for a long time. Not sure if I would like being the first in line for a brand new motor with no track record. Also like that with the 2.4 Parts are available from many sources other than Polaris where as with a new Polaris motor options will be very limited

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

yea. Theres also a considerable torque loss on that new engine despite the higher RPMs

• Are they still using the same old whining Angle Drive?

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Just so y'all know...

I watched this reveal as a CUSTOMER - with a limited inside view of the different designs and pilots and manufacturing of the slingshot this past year....

I am NOT seeing ANY information on the cool stuff... the new stuff...

So - ONCE AGAIN - POLARIS FAILS TO PROPERLY INTRODUCE - ADVERTISE - PROMOTE their 2nd Generation Slingshot product.

You have to make the consumer WANT to go to the dealership and check it out... yes the auto drive will pull some in... but for those that still want manuals - you also have new features that aren't being shown or advertised in the videos - or the "build your own".... because they are STANDARD features....

Some of the specs are incorrect....

What a blundering shit show release.... and I couldn't help but yell at the TV last night while watching their - less than exciting "advertising".

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Polaris couldn't find their way to market, even if, someone dropped them dead square in the middle of said market.

Guess I have been around too MF long.

The base model should have been manual transmission only...

The SL and R models offered with automatic options.

But, now if I want manual, I have to buy the premium package.

Good news! Red Pearl is back!

Already have one and manual transmission.

Hey Polaris! This big marketing release announcement was a flop! As an owner of your product, I wanted to know why I should consider buying again. Those shots of palm trees flying by against a blue sky... just wow!

And your big announcement release was an offer to build my own and pre-order.

More than likely, I am currently driving my last Slingshot. You may have prolonged the last Slingshot build, but only by a year.

And just to show my age...

As Mr. T would say, "I pity the poor fool" that pre-orders first to market vehicles.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I agree, what a lack luster show. It sounded like there were only about 20 people there for the reveal. I was way under whelmed.... I think they should have released an auto with paddle shifters, not an old Rambler Console....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• What did Polaris do to produce this lighter engine?

If I am reading correctly, the Ecotech and manual transmission are now history as soon as the 2019 stock is depleted? I could use an explanation of how this new tranny works without a torque converter and clutch? :/

Bill

• Couple of things that I really liked:

Digital Dash

Center console

Cup Holders

The sound of the new engine is nice...but I don't get how it's only at 120 lb/ft for a 2.0L. They want to focus on the horse power but torque should be closer to the HP and I don't get that at all.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• What a blundering shit show release....

Are they still using the same old whining Angle Drive?

I agree, what a lack luster show. It sounded like there were only about 20 people there for the reveal. I was way under whelmed.... I think they should have released an auto with paddle shifters, not an old Rambler Console....

:00008172::00008356::00008172::00008356::00008172::00008356::00008172::00008356::00008359::00008359::00008359:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• And that is exactly why I bought the 2016 Sling II

• Okay enough negativity guys. I have a 2015 that I'm very happy with. The new slingshot colors excetera as far as Cosmetics look great. But that's not enough for us current owners to go and trade or buy a new one. If they came out with a supercharged model for under 30,000 with a 5 year warranty I may have been interested. It's pretty tough to come out with breaking new cosmetic changes when you had a winner out the gate.

• And that is exactly why I bought the 2016 Sling II

Ditto that here!

Looking forward to what Dave has in store for this new engine!

Me too. But, in all honesty.... with the one I now have with the Ecotech that's known for reliability even when boosted within reason, 285 HP at the rear wheel, what would make me even consider trading at this point? No way for me.... although I would possibly be interested in the front lighting and covers for the front pockets near the wheel. Also, I do like the mirror mount better, but all that can be had for much less than a trade up. Brody, I'm sorry the SS hurt your hips now when you took it out, but I'm really thankful to have gotten yours!