2020 Slingshot Reveal and info

• Steering wheel lock is not going to stop someone from stealing the Sling if they want it. I us the handcuffs for the steering wheel and the rear wheel clamp and also pull into the parking spot at the motels with the steering turned all the way to the left or right. It makes it kind of hard to jack up the rear and pull out of the parking spot. How many of you have thought about that?

I have the cuffs as well, and if I have to park outside overnight or some place where the sling will be out of sight for a long period of time I do use them, but in reality I really don't worry too much about someone wanting to steal it - in all my life I have never had a vehicle stolen or had anything taken from inside one. With the slingshot I suspect if it were going to be stolen it would probably kids wanting to take it for a joy ride (if they can even drive stick) and the cuffs are probably enough to make them just keep walking by - - and if anyone really does want it - - - - thats what the insurance is for and it would also be a great excuse to upgrade early ;)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have the cuffs as well, and if I have to park outside overnight or some place where the sling will be out of sight for a long period of time I do use them, but in reality I really don't worry too much about someone wanting to steal it - in all my life I have never had a vehicle stolen or had anything taken from inside one. With the slingshot I suspect if it were going to be stolen it would probably kids wanting to take it for a joy ride (if they can even drive stick) and the cuffs are probably enough to make them just keep walking by - - and if anyone really does want it - - - - thats what the insurance is for and it would also be a great excuse to upgrade early ;)

I see a new cottage industry here. I think I'll call my new company Syster (Swipe Your Sling To Ensure Reimbursement). I'm available between the hours of 2 to 4 am.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I see a new cottage industry here. I think I'll call my new company Syster (Swipe Your Sling To Ensure Reimbursement). I'm available between the hours of 2 to 4 am.

My new 'cottage industry' --- Slingshot delivery … fly me to where it's at, I'll drive it to you and you fly me home. Just got to figure rates...

• Steering wheel lock is not going to stop someone from stealing the Sling if they want it. I us the handcuffs for the steering wheel and the rear wheel clamp and also pull into the parking spot at the motels with the steering turned all the way to the left or right. It makes it kind of hard to jack up the rear and pull out of the parking spot. How many of you have thought about that?

You're absolutely correct. If someone wants it bad enough, their gonna have it, but you made a good point about pulling into parking spaces and "handcuffing" your wheel while it's turned. I hadn't thought of that, but will now make it a practice. I saw one of these parked at an outdoor mall with handcuffs on it. I thought, what a terrific idea, even if it doesn't stop a professional thief from driving off with your baby, it looks cool as hell! That much, I've thought of on my own, but I use the poor man's version... lol 😊

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• You're absolutely correct. If someone wants it bad enough, their gonna have it, but you made a good point about pulling into parking spaces and "handcuffing" your wheel while it's turned. I hadn't thought of that, but will now make it a practice. I saw one of these parked at an outdoor mall with handcuffs on it. I thought, what a terrific idea, even if it doesn't stop a professional thief from driving off with your baby, it looks cool as hell! That much, I've thought of on my own, but I use the poor man's version... lol 😊

Too much slack there on that cable.

• I had someone take the cover off, but nothing else; that was in San Antonio. I think the standard shift and 3rd pedal scared them off.

I've never had anyone disturb Ruby around here (Fayetteville area). University parking lots, Walmart, restaurants. Nothing. (Knocks on wood)

I have good insurance, but I sure don't want to use it!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.