novelty worn off?

• Or consider my mother-in-law, with two bionic knees and a replaced hip. She's too elderly now for an SS but simply cannot drive a manual.

Does that mean she is open to an automatic transmission? Now she could keep taps on the son-in-law. Oh-no! :huh:

• I know the following comment is going to show my age, but I have a GREAT answer to that question that's in everyone's mind when they first see the Slingshot - How much is it?

I just let out a gasp of air and say, well, I can tell you one thing about it. I have more in it than I did for my first house. (a completely true statement). They usually just take that and let their mind wonder just how many hundreds of thousands of dollars that is

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I know the following comment is going to show my age, but I have a GREAT answer to that question that's in everyone's mind when they first see the Slingshot - How much is it?

I just let out a gasp of air and say, well, I can tell you one thing about it. I have more in it than I did for my first house. (a completely true statement). They usually just take that and let their mind wonder just how many hundreds of thousands of dollars that is

I just tell people it is a kit I bought at Walmart

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I agree. Polaris Marketing has their head up their ass in many ways. This automatic is a great idea to open the market for many who can't or will not drive a stick. I don't understand why so many of us are afraid that an auto will ruin the SS. The auto is an OPTION just like AC used to be. I don't want an auto I love the stick but I don't hate the auto either it's just not for me.

It would be great if more SS were out on the road we could get to know even more good people like EJ. If the Slingshot fails it will be because of piss-poor marketing from the CEO on down. This is a great machine and all of us get the looks, smiles and questions from everyone when we are out in one of ours. People get more excited about our slings than our Vets, and to be honest I like to drive the sling more than the vet, except in the rain!

I still don't think Polaris understands what they have. I can't explain about the lack of advertising, lack of sponsored events, Lack of dealerships when every time I'm in ours everyone loves it, wants a ride , takes a picture and ask all the usual questions. Marketing, Polaris sucks big time.

As long as the standard is around don't worry about the Auto.

Jamersgn

• Even the employees at the factory do not know what is going on with the Slingshot on the streets of the USA. We found this out at the factory homecoming last year in Huntsville, Ala.

That's what I heard from other people also. It's hard to believe that something that draws as much attention as the SS gets so little support from the mfg.

We were unable to go to Ala. last year and if they do it again I will do my best to go and wave the SS flag.

Jamesgn

• I just recently bought a used 2018 this past November and I have to say it is one of the funnest vehicles I have ever owned. It is crazy that people still do not know what it is after being out so long. That falls on advertising in my opinion. The other thing that I think that is hurting them (in my opinion) is that a lot of the dealers that once were selling the slingshot are not selling them anymore for whatever reason. My local dealer here in Lufkin no longer sells them and another dealer in the Woodlands stopped selling them. Kind of hard for people to buy something that they do no know existed lol.

• I think a lot is bad marketing...I see them on FB and Instagram a lot. Their social media presence is pretty strong...but the people that have the expendable income for a part time vehicle doesn't fit the target market for their advertising. I personally have lost a little interest because the local community has gotten pretty shitty since they started this whole Slingshot group that has paid memberships and all this nonsense. It showed me that a big chunk of the community here feels like they need to pay for friendships and a sense of belonging. I sercretly hope that my slingshot doesn't sell. I like having the most unique vehicle in the area and the most unique slingshot in the area. But the lack of people to ride with and share in, makes it tough to justify having it. I literally have to wait for rallys to see some people...and those are starting to get tough to get to just due to limited time off at work.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I just recently bought a used 2018 this past November and I have to say it is one of the funnest vehicles I have ever owned. It is crazy that people still do not know what it is after being out so long. That falls on advertising in my opinion. The other thing that I think that is hurting them (in my opinion) is that a lot of the dealers that once were selling the slingshot are not selling them anymore for whatever reason. My local dealer here in Lufkin no longer sells them and another dealer in the Woodlands stopped selling them. Kind of hard for people to buy something that they do no know existed lol.

We have two dealers in the local area that sell / service SS. Dropped mine off last night for some service / recall work at one of them that has always had several on the showroom floor in the past and noticed that the vanderhalls were inside in the showroom and the slingshots were in the outside display areas. While I was talking to the service manager the sales girl was pimping the vanderhalls to my wife.... Vanderhall has dropped the price point for their low end models to be competitive with the SS. Polaris has some work to do not only in advertising, but also in product quality, fit, and finish if they are going to stay competitive in this market and with their dealer network.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I sercretly hope that my slingshot doesn't sell. I like having the most unique vehicle in the area and the most unique slingshot in the area.

It would take most of a days travel time to get to any of the rally's organized "in our neck of the woods", so consequently we have never been able to experience such an event. As far as Polaris' promoting the SlingShot:

Get updates? What updates?

Bill

• Even those of us in the Midwest travel a good days ride (600 miles) to get our closest rallies.