novelty worn off?

• With the on going apparent lack of enthusiasm, at least on line, for the upcoming debuting of the 2020 SlingShot, is this telling us that the appeal of owning a side-by-side three wheeler is waning? It seems that we have heard little to nothing more about the Campagna, (https://campagnamotors.com/ ) or Vanderhall, (https://vanderhallusa.com/ ), offerings recently? It will be curious to see if the 2020 SlingShot will do anything more than maybe give a short term shot in the arm, if even that?

Bill

• Will be interesting to watch. Many of us came from the motorcycle background. In my very young days I was driving Fiat 850 spider and than Porsche 914 --- nice sports car units and the Slingshot gives me the openness of the motorcycle and the sporty safety of the Porsche 914. Not sure I would go to the auto trans for the type of driving that I like to do, just doesn't fit.

• I don't think it's a lack of enthusiasm. I think people are happy with what they have and don't see any reason to spend 10 15 or 20 thousand to trade their current slingshot in for something that's just cosmetic except for the automatic and who wants an automatic? Probably not very many of us.

• I don't think its a lack of enthusiasm either. 1st Dealerships - Polaris doesn't have dealerships in every town like chevy or ford. 2nd Limited Availability - Its not like there are a million produced every year 3rd Its a unique vehicle that some really love, some really hate, and one that some want to buy, but never will .

The majority of those that own one love them as a manual, but I personally think that having the 2020 model (and beyond as an option) as an automatic will increase the numbers of buyers that are afraid to drive stick. I know too many people that have never driven anything other than automatic.

And the one thing I think that Polaris has missed out on is advertising - in todays digital age - buy the advertisement and put it out on TV and the internet. Spend those dollars and get the message out there.

I have been eyeballing the SS since it came out and finally bought a new 2019 model. I could not be happier. But, it was more the fact that we have two dealerships within 60 miles of each other and that some of my friends have one. Even then, they still seem to be a rare as hen's teeth I cant tell you how many times I get a thumbs up or a head turned while driving mine.

• I think the biggest problem is Polaris has still not recognized their true target audience. Go to any Slingshot event and you will see a much older demographic than you see in their ads. What you see most is old ex motorcycle riders finding a new way to stay on the road doing what they enjoy. But almost all of the ads I have seen are targeting a much younger group. I just think their hopes are overshadowing reality. Not that we do not have younger owners but the numbers seem to lean towards old farts like me.

Just my observation

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Us old guys want manual trans as it put fun and experience into the drive. Three of the dealers that I talked to said the first question they are asked by potential customers is "can you get it with an automatic". I am guessing that an auto trans would double sales of the slingshot but may put a lot of scary drivers behind the wheel.

DuaneIndy

2019 SS SL

Stock is better

• I have never seen an ad for the slingshot, ever! Not on tv or in writing anywhere. People in Canada just don't see them so sales are next to nothing. I bet Texas has twice as many slings as all of Canada from coast to coast

• There's a LOT of significant others who would like to ride with their spouses, but for one reason or another, don't want to be hanging on behind the rider on a conventional bike. the Slingshot collected a good part of that market, but were not able to break into the 70%+ who can't drive a standard. This move SHOULD increase their sales and market share dramatically. So much so that PII stocks are worth investing in once again. It's trading at its 30 day lows and over $10.00 per share off its 52 week high. With its almost 2.5% annual dividend, it's almost better than money in the bank. (JMHO - as with any investment, there is a risk of loss of capital and past performance does NOT guarantee future returns)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I have never seen an ad for the slingshot, ever! Not on tv or in writing anywhere. People in Canada just don't see them so sales are next to nothing. I bet Texas has twice as many slings as all of Canada from coast to coast

Zero Slingshot advertising here in the NW as well, and VERY little TV advertising for their off-road vehicles which is a large market here. Indian has no presence in TV advertising as it was with Victory. One can only assume that Polaris knows where their customers are coming from and it's not TV.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I'm like a bunch of us, I have spent so much on mods and extras to get mine where i want it, that I don't want to do it again! The biggest factor for me personally is that I'm using someone else's money for 72 months at zero percent financing! I can't replace that mod without hitting the nest egg!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Minimal enthusiasm from current owners since the model years all look pretty much the same. After 5 years a new look might be in order. As far as non owner sales there needs to be more marketing geared toward the automatic tranny and only normal drivers license needed in most states. The Can Am spyder is a good example of where buyers had the choice all along of auto or manual and went with auto something like 3 or 4 to 1.

If you take all of the simple questions that we all get from the general public ie; what's it cost, can it go on the highway, auto, special license, etc..that kinda tells us how you need to market it.

• There's a LOT of significant others who would like to ride with their spouses, but for one reason or another, don't want to be hanging on behind the rider on a conventional bike. the Slingshot collected a good part of that market, but were not able to break into the 70%+ who can't drive a standard. This move SHOULD increase their sales and market share dramatically. So much so that PII stocks are worth investing in once again. It's trading at its 30 day lows and over $10.00 per share off its 52 week high. With its almost 2.5% annual dividend, it's almost better than money in the bank. (JMHO - as with any investment, there is a risk of loss of capital and past performance does NOT guarantee future returns)

That was my wife exactly. I've been riding bikes for a long time and my wife never would ride with me. One short hop in my neighbors new slingshot changed all that. the moment I looked over and she was smiling from ear to ear I knew that the bikes were coming out of the garage and a SS was replacing them. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she brought up trading in my current one for an automatic later. She doesn't know how to drive manual and has made it clear that she has no interest in me teaching her in the SS, but..... if there was an auto trans version in the garage I might get a note one day that she would be back in a bit and was taking the long way to the grocery store to get what we needed for dinner....

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• I only discovered the slingshot through my neighbors son who had one. This gave the opportunity for an up close look. Had I saw one on the road I would have dismissed it as something expensive, out of reach and not worth looking into. Most people I talk to are surprised at the price, thinking it's an exotic vehicle costing about 60k.

I think events like Slingshot Roadsters and similar are great for awareness. I searched and inquired to my local dealer about Toys for Tots but none in my local area. Charity events (like many do) are great and I'm definitely going to look into doing the local 4th of July parade with one of the grandkids.

• I sold mine last year due to health issues with my hip. Just to get that out of the way. When I had mine it really seemed like really young people like 14-18 loved it and people 50 and over loved it. And of course little kids loved it also. It seemed people my age I’m 38 didn’t seem to really care for it much. Would rather have a sport bike or a Harley. I miss mine everyday I just had so much trouble getting in and out of it.

• I sold mine last year due to health issues with my hip. Just to get that out of the way. When I had mine it really seemed like really young people like 14-18 loved it and people 50 and over loved it. And of course little kids loved it also. It seemed people my age I’m 38 didn’t seem to really care for it much. Would rather have a sport bike or a Harley. I miss mine everyday I just had so much trouble getting in and out of it.

Sorry for the hip problems. For anyone out there with that kind of issue an option which really helps getting in and out is the installation of certain tops. I have the Bullet Speed V-back Top. The frame acts like a grab-bar and really assists getting in & out. The Twist Dynamics Top appears very similar. May be worth a try prior to selling something you enjoy.

• I actually did try several different slings with some tops. The plates in my hip were being pulled on I also have a rebuilt shoulder all from a bad accident. I could still drive it it just wasn’t comfortable so I wasn’t driving it very much went to a good home so I’m happy. It’s replacement toy will be showing up this spring it might help me with my slingshot withdrawal!

• I actually did try several different slings with some tops. The plates in my hip were being pulled on I also have a rebuilt shoulder all from a bad accident. I could still drive it it just wasn’t comfortable so I wasn’t driving it very much went to a good home so I’m happy. It’s replacement toy will be showing up this spring it might help me with my slingshot withdrawal!

Good luck with the new toy. Glad to here you are trying options. That's the best thing! Never stop enjoying life to the fullest! Keep us posted!

Brody hope all is well. Happy 2020... We will let you bring your 'new toy' to a Slingshot gathering.

• That was my wife exactly. I've been riding bikes for a long time and my wife never would ride with me. One short hop in my neighbors new slingshot changed all that. the moment I looked over and she was smiling from ear to ear I knew that the bikes were coming out of the garage and a SS was replacing them. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she brought up trading in my current one for an automatic later. She doesn't know how to drive manual and has made it clear that she has no interest in me teaching her in the SS, but..... if there was an auto trans version in the garage I might get a note one day that she would be back in a bit and was taking the long way to the grocery store to get what we needed for dinner....

It just might take about 15 minutes to learn how to run a straight stick. That is how long it took one of my Grand daughters to learn