novelty worn off?

• I think a lot is bad marketing...I see them on FB and Instagram a lot. Their social media presence is pretty strong...but the people that have the expendable income for a part time vehicle doesn't fit the target market for their advertising. I personally have lost a little interest because the local community has gotten pretty shitty since they started this whole Slingshot group that has paid memberships and all this nonsense. It showed me that a big chunk of the community here feels like they need to pay for friendships and a sense of belonging. I sercretly hope that my slingshot doesn't sell. I like having the most unique vehicle in the area and the most unique slingshot in the area. But the lack of people to ride with and share in, makes it tough to justify having it. I literally have to wait for rallys to see some people...and those are starting to get tough to get to just due to limited time off at work.

I have be riding since May 1964 and most times all by myself. No one else where I live wanted to leave town for a vacation or anything else on a motorcycle or travel in an old car/Hot Rod. So I never felt that I had to have someone riding with me. Been doing the vacations and shows since the early 1970's

• Even those of us in the Midwest travel a good days ride (600 miles) to get our closest rallies.

LOL, I am taking that the rallies of which you are speaking are the biggies with lots of riders and participating vendors, for something like that we would have to plan a minimum of a two week or so vacation to attend any of those. Of what I was referring would be maybe a half a dozen or so SlingShots getting together and riding in the same general direction for a day or two...............

Bill

• LOL, I am taking that the rallies of which you are speaking are the biggies with lots of riders and participating vendors, for something like that we would have to plan a minimum of a two week or so vacation to attend any of those. Of what I was referring would be maybe a half a dozen or so SlingShots getting together and riding in the same general direction for a day or two...............

Bill

I'm lucky enough to be in an area where we can put the word out and have several show up for a meet and greet and ride. First one I helped Painter put together was in May 0f 2015 --- we ended up getting 10 Slingshots together near Indy --- 8 red ones and two custom painted ones from Painter. Caused some commotion at a 'Stake and Shake' where we had lunch.

• I'm lucky enough to be in an area where we can put the word out and have several show up for a meet and greet and ride. First one I helped Painter put together was in May 0f 2015 --- we ended up getting 10 Slingshots together near Indy --- 8 red ones and two custom painted ones from Painter. Caused some commotion at a 'Stake and Shake' where we had lunch.

Hee hee, as far as I know there is still only one other SlingShot in our town, maybe two or three within a 100 mile radius!

The biggest detractions to possibly purchasing a Vanderhall back in 2015 for us was the distance to a dealer, automatic transmission, being so narrow, and priced too high, as compared to the SlingShot. but in looking at their website today I am seeing that the newer models are now wider, models are priced lower, a dealer is closer, where we may have given the Vanderhall a much closer look today. Though that automatic transmission apparently now in both the SlingShot and Vanderhall would very likely be the road block keeping us from purchasing either.

Campagna Motors is still totally out of the question being over 2,000 miles away.

Bill

• The wife and I, we both have driven a stick since we got married 28 years ago. She only wants a car with stick( drives a Mini ). I just installed the short shifter and ball adapter with a delrin knob. She just loves the small shift pattern! Now I will have to put a short shifter in the Mini. :)

2019 GT

Three years of too much stuff to list

• Im lucky in the fact that I am in a great motorcycle association so there is usually a ride from March to December almost every weekend. And in my chapter there are there are 4 other SSs. Maybe next year take it up to Bikes, Blues and BBQ for a day or two.

• I’m all for having an automatic transmission as an option... while certainly not for me, it does mean more slings will be on the road (and that’s always good for the side-by-side market).

*Besides, maybe some younger millennials (in their shiny new automatics), can challenge us old farts on track day... :POKESS:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I’m all for having an automatic transmission as an option... while certainly not for me, it does mean more slings will be on the road (and that’s always good for the side-by-side market).

*Besides, maybe some younger millennials (in their shiny new automatics), can challenge us old farts on track day... :POKESS:

Anyone who challenges you 'old farts' (really Erica?) better be ready to get schooled!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

I did get a response back from the Carolina Motorsports Park, I will let everyone know what I find out. New owners and a new track surface in June and July

• Seen the Slingshots scattered around motorcycle dealerships over the last six years, thought

they were bad ass looking but kept walking. Now I'm older and the 2020 Gen 2 is newer

and maybe better. It's enough to finally push me over the edge and the extra year warranty

with the pre order helps. My two cents.

• Seen the Slingshots scattered around motorcycle dealerships over the last six years, thought

they were bad ass looking but kept walking. Now I'm older and the 2020 Gen 2 is newer

and maybe better. It's enough to finally push me over the edge and the extra year warranty

with the pre order helps. My two cents.

Good for you. The warranty is actually 2 years normally. If you pre order they are offering a 4 year warranty. That is a good deal considering a new engine and trans. Having the extra warranty is what convinced me to order our third one.

Jamesgn

• Good for you. The warranty is actually 2 years normally. If you pre order they are offering a 4 year warranty. That is a good deal considering a new engine and trans. Having the extra warranty is what convinced me to order our third one.

Jamesgn

Damn! You have more play money than I do. I just bought Sling II because I stole it and I already had 93,000 miles on Sling I which I bought on Feb. 12, 2015