The Haltech iC-7 Digital Dash Is Here!

• It's R&D season here and we are working on some really cool stuff while we stay warm in this baron arctic wasteland we call Michigan. Part of one of the projects we are working on involves the new Haltech digital dash. Three of them just showed up today here at ZZP. I have one going into mine for a special project and 2 other customers are adding them to their existing ZZP setups. More to come later. Stay tuned.............

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Are these all in one solutions or is this just a dash piece? I never did find out if this unit includes everything to be a full functioning ECU.

This is just a full gauge cluster essentially. They make 2 options for the dash. They make a version to hook directly to their Haltech PCMs and another OBD2 variant for other applications. I've been playing with the design software for a few weeks and it comes with pre-configured screens but you can modify just about every parameter in every different unit of measure and 6 options for shift light colors and warning banners and have them display anything you want. For me, I can have one screen for street driving that would look similar to a basic dash in a car and I can switch on the fly to a race dash displaying critical data. It's not a touch screen like the similar AEM dashes but I kind of like that. It has large buttons on either side that would be easy to use with gloves on and will prevent you from getting your screen full of fingerprints.

If you wanted something that was an PCM and color dash all in 1, you would want to look into the FT600 by FuelTech. They're really cool and use them in a couple of our shop cars. They're a bit less expensive than a full Haltech PCM and Dash solution and the tuning software they use is definitely better than the Haltech. The screens however are only 5" or 5.5" which is significantly smaller but they really are not meant to be the primary gauge cluster either. You can see them here https://www.fueltech.net/products/ft600-efi-system

• [quote='rabtech','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8706-the-haltech-ic-7-digital-dash-is-here/&postID=292305#post292305']

Is it baller approved??? Lol

[/quote]

You’ll have to tell me. You have that baller AEM dash. Your dash has some cool features that this doesn’t. This is probably close 2nd. But the more I use the software the more I like it.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• [quote='Doc&Ruby','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8706-the-haltech-ic-7-digital-dash-is-here/&postID=292311#post292311']

I'm really interested in this! Want to have one installed when we do my turbo in the spring.

I'll email you soon so we can discuss specifics!

🤠

[/quote]

We can definitely make that happen. We may have a couple options for you. I’ll know more in 3 weeks once I have a few more things in place.

EST 2000

• Quick update for you guys. While it is no where near finished, the digital dash is powered up and running in the Slingshot. The layout pictured will be one of my daily driven street dashes. I'll have another for 1/2mi and 1/4mi runs as well.

Pushing the shift point out a little further this year to 9k

• This is gonna look GREAT in Ruby's dash!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• [quote='MACAWS','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8706-the-haltech-ic-7-digital-dash-is-here/&postID=292884#post292884']

I definitely need to get me one of those

[/quote]

I can hook you up but you may get disowned. 😂

EST 2000

• [quote='MACAWS','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8706-the-haltech-ic-7-digital-dash-is-here/&postID=292913#post292913']

I can hook you up but you may get disowned. 😂

EST 2000

You know me I am a loyal member of my team

But always happy to give you a push....

[/quote]

And that is greatly appreciated.

EST 2000

• Kyle D can you design your own gauges and upload images to that display like my AEM gauge.

In all honesty, so far I have only played with the preloaded screen designs they provide but you can change the layout and unit of measure of everything. Allegedly you there is a space in the software where you can design your own gauge and templates and change colors of things. I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm just trying to get this thing up and running with all of the new gear going into it. I do not think I can upload images like you can with yours. I think mine is more basic than the AEM in that regards. Like on mine you can see I have a 10K redline max but if it were a customer car I can change that to read up to 8k and redline at 7500 or whatever I want. I have a Canadian customer coming in for this so his dash will get set up reading in the metric system. So far I really like it but I am just scraping the surface of what it does. If I can make it to TX in Apr you can check it out there. I'm also putting in a line lock so we can to that nose to nose burnout pic. 8o

• Here's another quick update. There have been some hiccups with the wiring but we are making progress. The dash is fully functional and working. There's also a sneak peak of one of our new prototype rear exit exhausts that is still in the initial R&D phases. We have some other options that will be released in the spring.