New 2020 teaser

• Agreed that front wheel drive would be a game changer. It might even help make it road worthy in the rain. That alone (being able to ride SAFELY in the rain) is one reason why I won't be taking too many long multiple day trips riding the slingshot. There's nothing worse than planning a 3 day trip and having to stay in a hotel room for two days waiting for the rains to stop. I can't see how some of the members here have been able to ride hundreds of miles in the rain and keep it on the road and not have their shorts tucked up their butts when the ass end kicks around doing 60 mph. I must be getting too old or too cautious to press my luck too many more times

The tire on the back also has a lot to do with the riding in the rain, but standing water is the main problem along with the nannies.

• ANother teaser video was posted and shows what appears another confirmation that the hood release has been moved down to the grill -

The full dash is shown (not the gauges) -

A couple things here, the radio opening looks about the same, we don't do radios, so maybe someone else can confirm that. Obviously the start button and dash switch location is moved around and the side panels (blue on this model is different) Also, there is a slight bump in the black plastic where the windshield mount is located, which is different from previous gen. The blue pieces to the right and left of the black plastic look to be the same design as the current gen, same with the glove box.

• Based on Polaris' engineering decision on such things as the original headlight circuit design, Polaris is sure to go with whatever the bean-counters determine to be the cheapest cost.

• Agreed that front wheel drive would be a game changer. It might even help make it road worthy in the rain. That alone (being able to ride SAFELY in the rain) is one reason why I won't be taking too many long multiple day trips riding the slingshot. There's nothing worse than planning a 3 day trip and having to stay in a hotel room for two days waiting for the rains to stop. I can't see how some of the members here have been able to ride hundreds of miles in the rain and keep it on the road and not have their shorts tucked up their butts when the ass end kicks around doing 60 mph. I must be getting too old or too cautious to press my luck too many more times

While not a big fan of riding the Slingshot or two-wheelers in the rain, I almost always felt safer riding two-wheels in the rain compared to the Slingshot. I rode two-wheels through some heavy rains that definitely would have had the Slingshot spinning like a top! I always rode slower in the rain, but knew that on two-wheels I might slide-out (never did, fortunately), but have had several rides on the Slingshot where I got caught in some rain and experienced incidents where the Slingshot started to spin-out before I was able to regain control. I even had an incident on dry road where the rear-end briefly kicked out. I thought I had hit something on the road and turned around and went back to check, but never found anything, not even an oily spot.

• I see some that dont like the idea of a front wheel drive sling. Mine will be not only front wheel drive but diesel as well. Just waiting for the le9 to crap out and the purchase of a jetty donor. Front wheel drive, not crappy angle/belt noise and 50mpg instead of 20mpg are big sellers for me. A plus is I can mod the jetta diesel a whole lot cheaper that the le9, and I get a paddle shifter to boot. Anybody want a gently used engine trans and final drive?

LC

• I see some that dont like the idea of a front wheel drive sling. Mine will be not only front wheel drive but diesel as well. Just waiting for the le9 to crap out and the purchase of a jetty donor. Front wheel drive, not crappy angle/belt noise and 50mpg instead of 20mpg are big sellers for me. A plus is I can mod the jetta diesel a whole lot cheaper that the le9, and I get a paddle shifter to boot. Anybody want a gently used engine trans and final drive?

LC

The biggest thing that the front wheel drive will give is traction. There is a lot more weight on the front of the Slingshot and that weight will give the front tires more traction for acceleration. As for fitting the Jetta diesel and front wheel drive into the Slingshot, best of luck to you there, some pretty custom parts will be needed along with moving the shocks, would be interesting to see. As for the engine, let me know, we always need some here for building up into monsters :)

• I believe that sales of the 2020 model will determine the future of the Slingshot. This year, Polaris is dropping it's reliance on purchased engines and transmissions. And with that, target the masses who shy away from manual transmissions.

As for transmission.... gonna lean toward AMT.

Manual transmission with shift module and hydraulics does not greatly increase size and weight.

Would be a bonus if Polaris included both fully automated and driver input!

Check out all the India originating AMT videos on YouTube. And while there, you can learn to drive a vehicle with an automatic.

Pretty sure the front wheel drive is no where in the picture. Requirements to reconfigure weight distribution across the tripod not to mention retooling .

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• So I did notice in the latest video the hood on that blue and orange one was shaking excessively while it was driving, they should've done the hood pin mod before the launch.

Also noticed the fin said slingshot "R". So I'm guessing R is a new trim level or the SL blew off from all the hood vibration?!

• After seeing the new "design" I asked myself a question. Is it really a redesign or just copying all the mods already out there?

Automatic tranny-been done

Different motor-been done

LED lights-been done

Close out panels-been done

Flat bottom wheel- been done

Etc.

The only real change is the steering wheel controls, which will limit changing out the wheel to something better.

I'll keep my 15.

• The change in steering ratio from around 3.5 to 2.5 turns lock-to-lock is reported to make a significant difference in steering. Collectively, all of the changes seem to be considered a big improvement, but I've pretty much got my 2015 Base Slingshot to where I want it and I can't afford to start over again, especially at the cost of the Slingshot R!

Edited once, last by BKL ().