Rust removal questions

• While I've got my Slingshot on blocks for trans and angle-drive fluids change, replacing the O2 sensor for my SCG-1 AFR/Boost gauge, installing a new radio and speakers and my NASCAR Style Windshield from AllThingsSlingshot, I'd like to fix some rust issues I've noticed underneath the Slingshot.

Any preferred Rust treatments? I already have some Eastwood Rust Encapsulator I bought to use, but was just wondering what other folks might be using? Anybody have experience with the Eastwood Encapsulator?

I plan on using either a 4.5" grinder with a flap-wheel or a rotary brush stuck in my drill to remove rust? Any tips on what tools work best?

• a thin rotary wire brush wheel for the joints....

my thoughts on rust encapsulation goes as follows ....that would be perfect if you were absolutely sure there was no moisture under the rust you’re encasing.....if not what’s going to happen to the moisture under that rust? You may have slowed it down, but you didn’t stop it.

remove all the rust, primer and paint.

• I'd use a brush to remove the rust, then I'd put a very thin coat of paint over the area -- not an encapsulator which might hide any future corrosion... The Slingshot framework doesn't have any excess structure... If a weld joint is rusting, I'd want to see it right away. Basically, treat it like you would a motorcycle frame.