A braking question

• If you're going to wait for your original pads to wear out, you'll be old and grey. The oem pads wear like iron. You'll probably get over 100K miles out of them and change them at that point out of guilt and not necessity

This kinda sounds like my Kenda tires on the front... 19K and they look like they got another 19 K to go!

Thinking about replacing them when I get a new rear tire... the Cooper is about worn down to the wear bars now with 11K miles on it.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• It was the "secondary bleeding" , which has to be accomplished by the dealer, that provided the most improvement with our brakes. Another thought is that most folks today are used to the feel of "power" brakes, where the SlingShot utilizes manual brakes and thus have a different feel. Also, my observations have been that a conscientious driver does not press on the brakes hard enough during normal street operations to distort the firewall. But, I will concede that my "normal" results in brakes that last up to a decade or more.

Bill

You are aware that some of us push the limits with our SlingShot's RIGHT? Some of us even use the brakes as a last resort when entering a slow speed hairpin at around 50 MPH.

• You are aware that some of us push the limits with our SlingShot's RIGHT? Some of us even use the brakes as a last resort when entering a slow speed hairpin at around 50 MPH.

Well FunCycle you were born to abuse. Apparently wjfyfe is antabuse.

(see what I did there?)

In response to GADSling I will say that with no other changes than adding the master cylinder brace, there was a noticeable improvement in braking on both of my Slings. This is without judgement as to whether it was good, bad, or in between before or after the install just to keep the chatter out of it. I never have bled the brakes or had the dealer do it. Coming up on 15k miles.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• Deleted, I am starting to get argumentative and this was not my intention when initiating this thread. I am Sorry!

Bill

Madstad windshield

MeanSling hood assist

MeanSling SportTop w/lift

DDMWorks surge tank

Paramount Plastics Stealth Rear Fender version 1

Sedici Distanza Sissy Bar Bags

Ventisit ventilated seat cushions

Curb Alert

Edited 3 times, last by wjfyfe ().

• Hey EjFord - So you really like the master cylinder brace? My brakes are mushy and I thought I just needed to bleed them. As a matter of fact I think I will hit up Amazon for a bleeding kit now.

Just got back from a little vacation time with the wife in Branson, MO. (Sat 17 Oct 5:30) My breaks were never as soft as lots --- lucky --- but we put the brace on three years ago in Maggie Valley---- FunCycle did the work bought the brace from DDM and stole his tools to install. Was a good move. I have 80,000+ miles on this Slingshot and still have over 60% on the OEM breaks. I up/down shift more than use the breaks.