Gas gauge

• Only problem I have with estimated mileage that is left, once the display gas gauge starts blinking you can't see or toggle to what mileage is left

Last summer as we were driving down to the US, I changed the reading from kph to mph. During the trip I noticed the fuel gauge seemed to be dropping more quickly than usual. I assumed that it was due to increased drag from the roof, but I was only getting half the mileage I expected ( 400kms or 250mi per tank was average, but I was showing almost empty after 120mi) and the fill ups seemed really small, but I was not used to using gallons instead of liters. I suspected that there was something wrong with the fuel gauge. After about 4 days, things seemed to return to normal. Now I use the range to empty reading all the time and basically ignore the fuel gauge.

If I'm on the road I'll run about 200 miles (tank to tank) I have run 30+ miles with the low fuel light blinking. and still generally put less than 8 gal in the tank. With the 9.8 gal tank you should still have 50 or so miles. Don't like to run it that low but sometimes...

• I like to get gas whenever it drops to only 2 bars left - I have never had the light come on and I like it that way. My wife on the other hand always lets her car get down to one bar, drives me nuts when I get in her car and its on one bar and she does not know how long ago it dropped to just one - - - I guess having had to walk to get gas has made me a bit more cautious than necessary =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Only one time did I ever have the gas gauge flashing at me. I do believe I would rather have the gas gauge flashing at me than experience the look in my wife’s eyes at that time again.

Ahhh “we can make it” doesn’t cut it anymore 😔

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I like to get gas whenever it drops to only 2 bars left - I have never had the light come on and I like it that way. My wife on the other hand always lets her car get down to one bar, drives me nuts when I get in her car and its on one bar and she does not know how long ago it dropped to just one - - - I guess having had to walk to get gas has made me a bit more cautious than necessary =O

girlfriend does the same thing ... uses miles to empty instead of the gas gauge. I’m constantly bitching about the safety aspect of always running on empty. Then she always wants to gas up when it’s dark. And always wants to use the cheapest gas she can find. It’s like dating Freddie Krueger. My own personal nightmare.

You know by now! That’s just cause you need to fill it up for her. Women don’t fill tanks!!..??

Keep Three Wheels Down

• You know by now! That’s just cause you need to fill it up for her. Women don’t fill tanks!!..??

No - my Sara has no problem fueling her own car, she is just more trusting in the gauge than I am. I always assume that the one bar could go off any second and she always assumes that it means there is 1/8th left - - - its one of the thinks I dislike about these gauges with the digital bars - there is no way to know where in that "bar" the actual fuel level is - - and that makes me nervous

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have my own theories on filling up. First, if I fill up at half a tank, I'll spend twice as much time at the gas station. Not interested. I run 'er down as low as I can. I've put at least 30 miles on with the fuel light flashing multiple times and still haven't put 9 gallons in it. As far as Bigdog 's theory that keeping it over 1/4 tank at all times will prevent sediment from pumping through the system, well, the fuel pickup is near the bottom of the tank and ALWAYS draws from there. If you never run it low then the water and any sediment will continue to build up in the tank, then when you do run low you could have a problem, or eventually it reaches the pickup. If you run it low every tank then any impurities will get mixed in and run through the system in small quantities and will not build up over time. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I have my own theories on filling up. First, if I fill up at half a tank, I'll spend twice as much time at the gas station. Not interested. I run 'er down as low as I can. I've put at least 30 miles on with the fuel light flashing multiple times and still haven't put 9 gallons in it. As far as Bigdog 's theory that keeping it over 1/4 tank at all times will prevent sediment from pumping through the system, well, the fuel pickup is near the bottom of the tank and ALWAYS draws from there. If you never run it low then the water and any sediment will continue to build up in the tank, then when you do run low you could have a problem, or eventually it reaches the pickup. If you run it low every tank then any impurities will get mixed in and run through the system in small quantities and will not build up over time. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Normally, the last thing I do before heading home is stop and fill the Sling up so that it will be ready for tomorrow, 1/4 tank or 3/4 tank makes no difference.

That's always been my theory too. A little bit of sediment in the tank at each fill up and running it thru the engine immediately is less a worry than having it build up over time and then having to dig down that one time. Luckily, no problems running every car this way for 40+ yrs, but who knows.

sounds good until you pump in 9 gallons of bad gas....if you’re on a trip far away from home....how are you going to get rid of 9 gallons of bad gas? Your trip will be over ending with a tow truck and a long stay in a garage. Costing hundreds of dollars. Been there and done that. I’m speaking from experience not hypothetical. Only my experience was with 30 gallons of bad gas. Which is all the more reason to always buy from national chain gas stations. Not the cheapest place in town. And high octane.

Light it first... Image result for Light the Pipe GIF