Heads up display

• I never really installed my radio GPS head unit for any type of sound system. I was primarily interested in the satellite GPS and having a back up camera. Both are useless to me unless it is dark outside. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as having a unit that is usable during the day? I use my phone now for GPS and for mileage tracking through apps and in hindsight wish I had left the cubby in the center console empty because The radio unit may look good but it doesn’t do a darn thing for me now. Perhaps the best mod or product for 2020 would be a usable head unit that is readable during the day. I never thought I would say this mostly because of the inordinate amount of time and effort it took to install it but I am actually susceptible to replacing the unit with anything that would offer daytime usability. Any thoughts or suggestions?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I never really installed my radio GPS head unit for any type of sound system. I was primarily interested in the satellite GPS and having a back up camera. Both are useless to me unless it is dark outside. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as having a unit that is usable during the day? I use my phone now for GPS and for mileage tracking through apps and in hindsight wish I had left the cubby in the center console empty because The radio unit may look good but it doesn’t do a darn thing for me now. Perhaps the best mod or product for 2020 would be a usable head unit that is readable during the day. I never thought I would say this mostly because of the inordinate amount of time and effort it took to install it but I am actually susceptible to replacing the unit with anything that would offer daytime usability. Any thoughts or suggestions?

You can change the contrast to make brighter, look in the Owners Manual for the steps. It will help. The Audio Shade That Bigdog suggest is what I had and worked well under most conditions. Plus it makes the dash area look good.

• Thank you and yes I’m aware of the sunshades and this is what I have now but needless to say the brim on this unit doesn’t offer much protection from the sun. I did install this unit thinking that it would be recessed and that would help but not really. I guess what I’m speaking to is the resolution on the screen. I have changed my resolution multiple times but to no avail. The Kindle Tablet from Amazon advertises that it is readable in the sunlight. Does anyone have one of these and is it readable in the sunlight? All I am interested in is GPS navigation and backup camera that it is readable under all circumstances.

My iPhone even in bright sunlight offers me an acceptable view when my head unit is just white out. My preference would be to have a screen size like in my head unit that is readable like my phone. I’m sure there are a lot of techies out there that may have run into this if so I’d love to know what do you think.

• OK! Now were talking! I will try this thank you so much 👏🏼 I just put my order in with Santa

• OK! Now were talking! I will try this thank you so much 👏🏼 I just put my order in with Santa

I'd be interested in know the degree of difference you find when you install it. I to bought the sun shade also but eh large one. Mine covers the top third of the screen which is useless to me.

2019 SL Black Pearl

Wycked Hitch & Wiring Harness

Ultimate Fitted Carpet Mats

FZ-1 Auxiliary Fuse Block

Metricks Bolt-on Hugger Rear Fender

Metricks License Plate Relocater

Dash Mount Coaxial Heat Mount

LED White/Blue Under Dash Lighting

• I'd be interested in know the degree of difference you find when you install it. I to bought the sun shade also but eh large one. Mine covers the top third of the screen which is useless to me.

Welcome! I used to have grandparents in Leaside 🙂

You’re only 2145 miles from me! Stay warm!

• mpj220

FINALLY got around to doing this and what a difference! By no means perfect BUT I can actually see the screen now and even in the sun! It went from "is it on?" to Ya its on. Thanks for the tip on this!

• mpj220

FINALLY got around to doing this and what a difference! By no means perfect BUT I can actually see the screen now and even in the sun! It went from "is it on?" to Ya its on. Thanks for the tip on this!

Glad you found some improvement. My solution was a Garmin Zumo. Readable in bright sunlight.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter