Traction Control light stays on

• Did about 180 miles today and started out the day with the light off then coming on for about 30 minutes. Then all the way home no light was on. I was able to toggle between traction control and the other nanny as well. No matter what, I’m going in on Friday cause I want to get this figured out.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Once my light goes on, I can't toggle anything! It locks up.

Mine goes back-and-forth. Once I turn it off and the light is off, I can toggle between the two. Sometimes only the one. The fact that everything works sometimes, nothing works most of the time, and some of them work intermittently, makes me think it is a sensor, switch, or wiring issue.

Or I could just say "somethings wrong". 🤪

This reminds me of the brake issue sensors I had on my 2016. Once the sensors were replaced all good.

Going to leave it to the people that are smarter than me on Friday.

Edited 2 times, last by SoCal ().

• Dealer today. OF COURSE NO traction control lights allll the way there and allll the way home. NO codes in the computer - like it never happened.

Result: We have a record of your visit and should it happen again we will cover it.

The only thing they mentioned was that my rear tire is not down to the marker tabs but very close. They said the system may have been working properly in that the tire doesn’t have as much traction so thus the light .

But if that’s correct then why no lights today? And today I was solo and she seemed to be running a bit faster for some reason 🤭.

The ghost still rides with us...

• Think the dealer is 8|!

• SoCal hope it's one of the 'friendly' ghost's....

• Any brake switch will also work from the auto supply store you just have to fab a bracket. It will take you about 30 minutes if you have a hack saw and a drill motor

• Any brake switch will also work from the auto supply store you just have to fab a bracket. It will take you about 30 minutes if you have a hack saw and a drill motor

Thanks - I got one today but it is to long and the bracket bolt is in the way. For 8 bucks saving all the “make it fit” issues looks good to me. This is the one I got and it does work but like I said it is too long.

• I got to trouble shoot the Mood Chaser LED lights on the rear wheel. Don't know how long they been out as I can't see them while in the driver's seat. My son and Grandson took Sally for a spin tonight and that is when I noticed it. Does anyone have a idea what voltage they use to light them. I could unplug from the control unit and apply voltage and see it they come on.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• When I drove a county school work van it was well beyond it's time to be put out to pasture but they don't like to spend money on vehicles they don't have to drive. Well the O2 sensor light kept coming on. I would take it to the transportation dept. and they would have it a half a day. when I picked it up the light would be off, two blocks down the street it was back on. After a couple months of this they put a piece of black electrical tape over the light. It never got fixed.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Here’s a thread on the NAPA brake switch that a lot of Slingshot owners run:

Brake Switch replacement with NAPA Switch

Great thread! I thought the switch had to be 90 degrees - guess not. I think the key here is to waterproof the switch. I am going to install the one from Amazon that shows up tomorrow WITH shrink sleeve with hopes it will last longer. I can see how my washing could have compromised the unit. 8$ No brainer.