Wow! Average speed 104 mph

• new cross country record - 27 hours and 25 minutes - average speed 104 mph top speed 193 mph

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/cannonball-run-record-27-hour

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Makes my bottom hurt & my bladder flinch just reading about it! =O

I know what you mean - much more than about 5 hours in and my ass would be done

• Yeah, way back when, I used to drive from Rancho Cordova (Sacramento, CA) to Riverside CA. 472 miles 1 way. My record was 4hrs 30mins flat. (=105mph avg). I can't imagine doing that for 24+ hrs.

Just so happened that was the weekend before Christmas heading down the I-5 in California. For those that know the area, it's flat and straight and if you're doing anything under 80, you're getting rolled over by semi's. Anyways, got into a line of about a dozen cars and we just rolled like a train almost bumper to bumper. 1st guy would lead for about 10 miles then peal off and fall in the back, then 2nd guy would lead and do the same. Did that for well over 100 miles (at pushing 110-120mph). I decided if a cop were going to try to pull us over, I would be the 2nd-to-last guy to pull over. That was fun. Dangerous. Stupid. And Fun.

Oh, and same route, different trip, got a speeding ticket for coming down the Grapevine at 85mph. Didn't have the heart (guts?) to tell the cop I was in neutral!

• Yeah, way back when, I used to drive from Rancho Cordova (Sacramento, CA) to Riverside CA. 472 miles 1 way. My record was 4hrs 30mins flat. (=105mph avg). I can't imagine doing that for 24+ hrs.

Just so happened that was the weekend before Christmas heading down the I-5 in California. For those that know the area, it's flat and straight and if you're doing anything under 80, you're getting rolled over by semi's. Anyways, got into a line of about a dozen cars and we just rolled like a train almost bumper to bumper. 1st guy would lead for about 10 miles then peal off and fall in the back, then 2nd guy would lead and do the same. Did that for well over 100 miles (at pushing 110-120mph). I decided if a cop were going to try to pull us over, I would be the 2nd-to-last guy to pull over. That was fun. Dangerous. Stupid. And Fun.

Oh, and same route, different trip, got a speeding ticket for coming down the Grapevine at 85mph. Didn't have the heart (guts?) to tell the cop I was in neutral!

Back in the 70's my father and I always had a CB radio in the car and on long open drives on the highway we would talk with the truckers who would drive in a formation like you are talking about. They would love it when some guy in a car took the lead going really fast and they would all speed up and fall in behind that person - - the term they used on the CB when referring to that lead car was the Human Sacrifice - - - - - - - - - - "We got us a human sacrifice"

Now that sounds a little like bragging.

JUST SAYIN

Keep Three Wheels Down

• Now that sounds a little like bragging.

JUST SAYIN

you might not think this if you had driven the Grapevine - - - very easy to get well over the speed limit just coasting and if you dont use your gears its also easy to smoke your brakes