My lap top basically shut down

• Tuesday afternoon I noticed my lap top slowing down, Wednesday it took me over an hour to get on line. By Thurs. I could not get on only after a couple of hours and then it was barely operating. This Morning nothing at all. After about 2 1/2 hours later, I am back up and running. The very first web site after the first hour of trying everything was Shop My Exchange.com since everything is on sale and ordered a new H.P. The computer guy picked it out, I gave him a price point. Oh! This one seems to be good now, but I still have a new one on the way. Did I not tell you that electronics and computers paid the bills since 1967. Damn I hate :evil::cursing: smart phones and computers and I can barely use one of them today after being retired since 2005.

• Tuesday afternoon I noticed my lap top slowing down, Wednesday it took me over an hour to get on line. By Thurs. I could not get on only after a couple of hours and then it was barely operating. This Morning nothing at all. After about 2 1/2 hours later, I am back up and running. The very first web site after the first hour of trying everything was Shop My Exchange.com since everything is on sale and ordered a new H.P. The computer guy picked it out, I gave him a price point. Oh! This one seems to be good now, but I still have a new one on the way. Did I not tell you that electronics and computers paid the bills since 1967. Damn I hate :evil::cursing: smart phones and computers and I can barely use one of them today after being retired since 2005.

I gave up my flip phone on Wed.... Gotta learn all over again....

• I bought a TI99/4A in 1980. Texas Instruments stopped making them a few months later, and stopped all support. If you wanted a program, you wrote it yourself in Extended Basic.

I currently have two desktops (using a KVM switch so I don't need two of everything), two tablets, 3 laptops and a Chromebook, which I'm on right now. And, of course, a smartphone.

There must be something wrong with me. I do have a three wheeled contraption that thinks it's a spaceship, so . . .

You wasted your money, when a computer slows down best and cheapest thing to do is a new install of your operating system. When you do that it cleans all the crap out of your system You can compare computer operating systems with toilets only the computer has a flush system that's totally worthless.