Replaced steering wheel. Now the horn blows.

• Hi all. I got a new Assault steering wheel and installed it today. I started it up and everything seemed fine. As soon as I drove away, the horn started blowing. Any idea on why this would be?

The clock spring did rotate about 1/4 turn as I was installing the adapter. I but it back where it was. Could I have damaged that?

• I had the same thing and the issue was the two horn connectors touching when they move around such as turning the wheel, bumps, etc. as the space inside is very tight. The solution was to make sure the metal on the connectors was not exposed where they could touch and close the circuit. Electrical tape or some type of electrical insulation should solve your issue.

• The first couple times I swapped steering wheels, everything went fine, but I eventually ended up damaging the clock-spring. Make sure your clock-spring is free to rotate before closing everything up. In my case, I removed my clock-spring and added a new switch in the steering column cover between the steering wheel and the ignition switch. I may also run wires over to the dash switch-panel and add a second horn switch there.

• Thanks for the replies everyone.
    I took it apart and pulled (VERY gently) as much wire through the adapter as would come. I connected the wires, but reversed the connection just in case. I also bent the terminals in a little. When I bolted everything back together it worked perfectly. I road tested it and all seems fine now.
    It’s just a hair off to the right but I think I will live with it for a while.
    Thanks again.