2020 Production News

• Hello all,

I found this update on the tranny and revisions for 2020. I am going to wait on the new model but sounds like this is certain: New engine, auto AND manual trans & the new LED lights that are awesome. I'm in...

Motorcycle.com spotted some new patent applications that show the addition of a new cooling system, engine, and transmission.

The publication noted that the new engine will be designed and built by Polaris. The previous engine was a GM-sourced one. The new engine is an inline four-cylinder but the displacement of the engine is unclear. It’s also unclear if Polaris plans to use this engine instead of the current one used or if it will be an additional offering.

It is also clear that the new Slingshot will have a choice of either a manual or automatic transmission. The patent that Motorcycle.com points to for the engine doesn’t mention the transmission, but the publication said that previous patents used the word Autodrive for the Slingshot, so there’s a very good chance an automatic will be used. This most recent patent shows a clutch pedal, which would indicate a manual will be available.

• Not that I will be getting one, but when would 2020 models normally be expected to be released? - - - I haven't followed past years so I don't know when Polaris normally comes out with the new year models.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well, that's the thing - we are well past when the new models would "normally" come out. My 2016 was delivered in August 2015. My 2016.5 was made in early Feb 2016. Most automotive OEMs retool their lines right at July 4th for the new models. I don't know if Polaris has started to manufacture the 2020 and is just holding them to clear the 2019's, or if they are really far behind. At this point, there's only 1 month left.