Best Windscreen for Use W/Bullet Speed Top?

• I received my Bullet Speed V-Back Top today. I like the style and fit. Only issue is not with the top itself. I have the stock ripper windscreen that is tapered on the outboard ends. It allows wind to travel outboard & then deflect inboard off the canopy frame into the cockpit (face area).

I'm looking into a windscreen option to solve the issue. I really like the style of the NASCAR +2. Anyone out there have the NASCAR +2 along with a Bullet Speed V-Back or similar top?

• Frankie55 I personally advise people against using the tall wind screens. If it happens to fog up you had better be able to see over it.

Good point, I forgot about that! Has happened many times on the two wheel motoring scooter. Had to stretch out and sit on the passenger seat or stand on the pegs to look over. Really scary on the interstate!

I might think about a go between height that I could do a stretch in an emergency situation.

Thanks!

• Good point, I forgot about that! Has happened many times on the two wheel motoring scooter. Had to stretch out and sit on the passenger seat or stand on the pegs to look over. Really scary on the interstate!

I might think about a go between height that I could do a stretch in an emergency situation.

Thanks!

I have had it happen 3 times on the interstate at 85 mph. I am running the stock 2015-16 blade that has been cut down 3 inches (1/8 inch above the center brace). Sling II had a +6 on it when I got it. There is no way I would ride with it during the summer, it was like riding in an oven.

• F4Customs has reportedly offered a modified Honda Goldwing vent to allow airflow behind the windshield. On the Goldwing, the vent is supposed to always allow some airflow thru the vent to minimize fogging. On a windshield as wide as the Slingshot's, I'd imagine placing one vent in front of each seat would help in hot weather.

Some folks have reportedly used Vetter Vents, which are much smaller than the Goldwing vents, but simpler to install since the Vetter Vents only need a simple hole for installation. when installing the Vetter Vents, it's recommended to drill the hole slightly undersized and use sandpaper wrapped around a tapered glass or a sanding drum to enlarge the hole until it's just the right size.

Vetter Vents - https://www.ebay.com/i/272836900589 Install/operation video - http://craigvetter.com/Movies/snapvents.mov

Honda Goldwing Vent - https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-W…L-1800-04-16/333032812662. The Honda Goldwing vent comes in two styles. The GL1800 model is probably a better choice since it has a less extreme curve compared to the GL1500 model.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I use an F4 +9 and it works well for me.

Do you have any +9 deflection at speed either on the windshield edges or the top edge?

I currently have a +5 w/baker wings on the sides and D.S. top edge which IMO deflects excessively at highway speed so much that I'm thinking a higher center brace would help??

• I use the TallBoy +2 and it's my favorite windshield. The sides aren't as close to the posts as the F4 products so it allows for a good breeze from the front without putting you at risk of random debris. I have reviewed 5 different windshield and I would say the NASCAR +2 is the best windshield on the market followed closely by the Madstad/Twist dynamics 11" adjustable windshield (if you live in warmer states).

• I use the TallBoy +2 and it's my favorite windshield. The sides aren't as close to the posts as the F4 products so it allows for a good breeze from the front without putting you at risk of random debris. I have reviewed 5 different windshield and I would say the NASCAR +2 is the best windshield on the market followed closely by the Madstad/Twist dynamics 11" adjustable windshield (if you live in warmer states).

I bought a NASCAR styled Tallboy +2 after reading Br4hm4 ' review. That pic does an excellent job showing how the Tallboy +2 fits with the Top!

• Do you have any +9 deflection at speed either on the windshield edges or the top edge?

I currently have a +5 w/baker wings on the sides and D.S. top edge which IMO deflects excessively at highway speed so much that I'm thinking a higher center brace would help??

I've never been over 90mph but have not had any issues on the Interstates and turnpike at a steady 80.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I bought a NASCAR styled Tallboy +2 after reading Br4hm4 ' review. That pic does an excellent job showing how the Tallboy +2 fits with the Top!

My first thought of purchasing a full windscreen came while traveling the interstate. I got clocked by a large beatle directly on the forehead just above the glasses and below the helmet line. I thought if it would have been a nut or bolt kicked up by a vehicle it would have been a disaster. Good point about fogging issues. Both valid.

I think I'm going to go with the NASCAR Style Tallboy +2. Nice clean look! Only drawback would be exhaust fumes in the cockpit. I've read of issues with some tall windscreens in combination with certain tops experiencing this problem. BKL  Br4hm4, kev or anyone else using the NASCAR Style Tallboy +2 along with the Bullet Speed V-Back Top (or similar) having exhaust fume issues?

• My first thought of purchasing a full windscreen came while traveling the interstate. I got clocked by a large beatle directly on the forehead just above the glasses and below the helmet line. I thought if it would have been a nut or bolt kicked up by a vehicle it would have been a disaster. Good point about fogging issues. Both valid.

I think I'm going to go with the NASCAR Style Tallboy +2. Nice clean look! Only drawback would be exhaust fumes in the cockpit. I've read of issues with some tall windscreens in combination with certain tops experiencing this problem. BKL  Br4hm4, kev or anyone else using the NASCAR Style Tallboy +2 along with the Bullet Speed V-Back Top (or similar) having exhaust fume issues?

Frank depends on the exhaust system you have. A lot of different factors that can cause fumes in the cockpit. Windshield, top, and where the exhaust is exiting the Slingshot (probably the most important).

• My first thought of purchasing a full windscreen came while traveling the interstate. I got clocked by a large beatle directly on the forehead just above the glasses and below the helmet line. I thought if it would have been a nut or bolt kicked up by a vehicle it would have been a disaster. Good point about fogging issues. Both valid.

Just use the search and you will find out everything you did not want to know about this subject. Personally I have never had this problem even with the top and the Welter Duals. (93,000 miles and counting)

• Just use the search and you will find out everything you did not want to know about this subject. Personally I have never had this problem even with the top and the Welter Duals. (93,000 miles and counting)

Copy, thanks. I'll do some looking.

• EjFord  FunCycle

You got that right. Seems to be different combinations. Most seem to involve a top and/or an aftermarket exhaust. Other would include a cat-delete. I'm assuming its a catalytic converter? And the height of the windscreen creating a low pressure area. Most issues seem to be with the top/high windscreen and a rear exit exhaust. Most likely the exhaust is exited high on the back. That would make sense as it would appear the low pressure area would be drawing from high areas i.e. the rear above the aft faring and upper sides.

I have the top, I like it. Not to mention its a special order item. I'm OK with that. That stays. I have a stock exhaust its exited under and just forward outboard passenger side. At a stop or low speeds there should be no or little vacuum, should be no issues there. At speed I would think the stock exhaust as above shouldn't be an issue as its diffused and low in the slipstream?

I'm really liking the tallboy +2 hoping for some input from anyone using a stock exhaust as I have. I believe the NASCAR Tallboy +2 allows some cockpit airflow? Another option could be the Standard NASCAR Tallboy.

Any input from anyone out there using a tall windscreen, canopy and a stock exhaust having any exhaust fume issues?