• Hello everyone I have 2 months left on my factory warranty and was wanting to get ya'lls opinion wheather or not the extended warranty is worth it , how has it worked out for those of you that have it. I'm thinking about the extra 3 years but it aint cheap. What got me lookin at it is my sling is in the shop now for repair.:/

• I went with the extended warranty due to a few issues I was having. I've used it three times so far so I'm glad I did. You should know that the dealer has some wiggle room on the price. I was able to get it approximately three hundred cheaper than Polaris retail. Hope this helps and hope it's out of the shop soon

• Hello everyone I have 2 months left on my factory warranty and was wanting to get ya'lls opinion wheather or not the extended warranty is worth it , how has it worked out for those of you that have it. I'm thinking about the extra 3 years but it aint cheap. What got me lookin at it is my sling is in the shop now for repair.:/

I have used my extended warrantee several time....do it. as DER said look around and get a good price on the "Polaris" warrantee. Check Fix My toys in Michigan for prices.

• I have used my extended warrantee several time....do it. as DER said look around and get a good price on the "Polaris" warrantee. Check Fix My toys in Michigan for prices.

I looked for the best price I could find online then approached my dealer with that knowledge.

They were willing to work with me rather than lose a sale even if it was a small profit.

I am going on 3 years++ on my sling, never had to do anything other than recalls so had I purchased the warranty it would have been wasted money.

Also remember that if you have a modded sling then you might be declined for coverage by most dealers.

So before buying it, I would go talk to your dealer and ask how they would handle claims on your behalf.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• If dealers are declining to fix things under warranty because of mods, they are covering their ass. If they touch it, they own it. By it I mean the existing issue and any that may come up after they finish. If you keep having to come back it’s going to cost them more money. Soon they will be in the hole.

Easier to deny it than own it.

if a factory part has a mechanical failure the part and labor could be covered.

most electrical stuff could turn into a nightmare for them. It could depend on how difficult the problem

Is.

• I also bought from my dealer. They have handled 99% of the work on my Slingshot.

Nielsen's in Lake Villa, IL is my dealer. Down in Bristol, TN this fall the techs had my Slingshot in the service area for a big $25.00 quick fix.

EJ... what was the cost and how long of coverage for that extended service plan? Mine is over in April 2020.

Hope to make it to the Rosemont Bike show in Feb. Coming home from Jamaica on the 8th.

• EJ... what was the cost and how long of coverage for that extended service plan? Mine is over in April 2020.

Hope to make it to the Rosemont Bike show in Feb. Coming home from Jamaica on the 8th.

I bought the 3 yr extended warrantee, I bought it in 2015 or early 2016, don't remember exactly the $$$.00, but got it thru Nielsen's, Lake Villa, ($900.00 ---???) I do have ALL my work done by Nielsen's and it was a good move for me. I'm covered thru 2021. Because of the warrantee the guys a Nielsen's don't hesitate to take care of something as they see it. I will probably take the Slingshot in when we get back from Florida in early Feb 2020. Give them a day or two to go thru everything. Than be ready to roll for Spring.