Tour De' Walmart

• Okay, so this AM I woke up and couldn't figure out what to do. I knew it was going to be a beautiful day again and I just wanted to get out of the house. Yesterday was nice too, but I ended up meeting a friend at a bar to watch football (UT vs Baylor) and then we went to the Texas Stars Hockey game. Let's just say my beer consumption yesterday should probably be measured in gallons instead of pints.

So I've been looking for the Matchbox Slingshot. Even yesterday, I checked 2 of my local Wally World's with no luck. So that gave me an idea. I googled and there are at least a dozen WMs near me:

ROAD TRIP! Seriously, it was 11am and I was out of the house by 11:20.

Due to events as they unfolded, this was my final route:

Walmart Georgetown:

Walmart Cedar Park 1:

Walmart Cedar Park 2:

Walmart North Austin (Hwy 620):

Walmart Round Rock:

Walmart Taylor:

PLOT TWIST: I actually found 8 Matchbox SS's at the very first WM in Georgetown. Yes, the very one that I checked just yesterday. But I decided to head on. When I got to Walmart #2 in Cedar Park, they didn't have any so I thought that I just got lucky at Georgetown.

However, WM Cedar Park #2 had some. So I bought them all (5) too. Then WM Austin had 5 (and I bought them). WM Round Rock had just a few, but I decided not to get them. WM Taylor didn't have any either. So yes, count them, I bought 18 Matchbox Slingshots. Gonna keep 1 for myself and already gave 1 to my grandson, leaving 16 to give out. Guess what all my SS friends are getting for Christmas!!

BTW, before I want to WM Taylor, I planned on stopping at Louie Mueller BBQ in Taylor for lunch. But when I got there, they were closed (didn't realize they were closed on Sunday's). If you don't know, this is one of those heritage"Best in the World"BBQ joints that you have to try.

Since they were closed, I went next door to Texas Beer Co and had a nice Bluebonnet Nitro Milk Stout. Mmmmmmm!!!

And would you believe, while I was there, another SS showed up! Introduced myself, handed over a SlingShotInfo.com business card, and told them about all the GTGs happening. Said their names were . . . . . (you know what beer does to your memory...) . . . . and that they had just bought it in July. One of their neighbors saws theirs and bought one 2 weeks afterwards. So hopefully they'll show up here.

Oh, and the purpose of this trip: I'VE GOT MATCHBOX! (Seriously, PM me if you want one. I think I went a little overboard.)

• Just an update. Usually I stay far Away from the stores thanksgiving night and Black Friday . I was at my brother's house for thanksgiving up in northwest Arkansas. He wanted to venture out and go to a local Wally World. I won't mention which one, but it's a good thing as I found six SSs and bought them all. My xmas shopping is done.