Ecm tuning

• Speaking of octane, a few years ago I sent my wife on a full-day racetrack course @ Sonoma Speedway (once Infineon) in her 2011 Porsche 911S cabriolet. We found 100 octane right outside the race track and my wife said her car has never run better, smoother, faster. I just wish I could get 93 on a regular (pun intended) basis.

Have you ever thought of moving to FLORIDA?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Check with your local airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Be careful with that. Avgas is expensive, contains lead, and more importantly has no road tax added to it. You and/or your local airport can get in big trouble. I used to work at my local airport (KMEI) and we would sell it to you in an approved container but not allow you to add it to a motor vehicle of any kind. If you wanted to do that, you had to go off site.

• Avgas has lead and will screw up your wide band O2 sensors also. When we are participating in the 1/2 and 1 mile top speed races I run a 50/50 mix of Renegade 110 low lead and 93 octane Chevron gas. So far I have had 2 oxygen sensors to just stop working and error while doing this. But it was an expected loss. I do like having the lead in the mix during these long runs so I'll just keep a spare O2 sensor in the toolbox. As far as daily driving I just keep 93 super unleaded in the tank.