Are we now in the 2020 Guinness World Record book??

• I attended SSITS 2019 and know we broke the record of Slingshots, but does anyone know or has seen the 2020 Guinness World Record book for sale on Amazon to see if we are the most recent publication??

Thanks

• The game plan is to make Maggie Valley again this year.

I'm with ya on that one EJ . I'm planning to go to Sandusky the weekend before for the start of Ohio bike week then head to the mountains. It seems like a long way off at this point though

• Why we are not in the Guinness World Records book...

As I understand it.

Any attempt at a record requires fees paid and regulations be followed...

Guiness stated that any attempt at a world record in the motorcycle bracket would have to include all motorcycles of the Polaris brand.

There was no specification for Slingshot only.

Slingshot Roadsters , and not sure of the terminology here, filed for sanctioning of a Slingshot only conga line type event.

Slingshot Roadsters know holds the entitlements for that distinction. Sorry Guiness.

If anyone now wants to attempt to break that record, they must file with Slingshot Roadsters and follow the requisites and pay the fees to same.

Winners of the new record will then be entitled to carry the banner until a new record is made.

Slingshot Roadsters currently holds the record at Maggie Valley 2019.

ivor would be the one to clarify this best.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The world record attempt made in 2018 was done with Guinness.Full application was made and accepted by Guinness who responded that it would have to be under Polaris Motorcycles the figure to beat was 250.We had to have officials check it and videos and pictures sent to GuinessWe only allowed Slingshots in the event and the figure of 209 was set.All applicable fees ,videos were submitted to Guinness.We also requested the made the category Slingshots.This was refused.They further added we would have to have the town shut down roads in 2019 ,the attempt would again have to be made under Polaris motorcycles.

We at Roadsters made the decision that we would not do this again with Guinness.We are for Slingshots.We therefore decided to run a world record attempt staged by us,using rigid rules of counting.We called it SSRWR.We have a trophy,publicized what we were doing.

The record attempt under the SSRWR Banner was an immense success.It was a blast.300 Slingshots was the exact number beating our Guinness attempt of2018,209 Slingshots.

It was a blast.The trophy is open to any group and is floating.We in 2020 will be attempting to break our own record of 300 Slingshots in a parade and our target is 400 our dream 500 Slingshots in the parade.

The SSRWR record is open to any group who would be willing to come out and beat the record.There was some murmurings from Texas that it could be done there but that was it.

Everyone push the boat out or should I say Slingshot.Come to Maggie Valley next May.Help us get to 500 and show Guinness what they are missing out on