Why aren't you riding!?

• If going to and from work counts I am riding

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My Slingshot is currently on blocks until I finish making a new dash panel to install a new radio and also change the spark plugs and trans and angle-drive fluids. Looks like doing so will also require me to clean out my garage so I can actually find my tools that I'll need.

I sympathize with the challenges of grading. While in the Army, I had two consecutive Instructor assignments. We always strove to provide feedback the next day after a test and since we typically had a test every 3-4 days with an average of 4 classes of up to 30 students each per day, we often faced a challenge getting next-day results to the students. One of the assignments required different levels of proficiency to pass, depending on the skill being evaluated. In copying numbers dictation, for example, we required 90% accuracy meaning if a student had more than 5 mistakes out of 50 sets of numbers, he/she failed. When I first started, the policy called for deducting 6 pts for each mistake, so 5 mistakes equaled a grade of 70. The folks who had established the policy failed to realize that the student still had 45 sets of numbers before they hit zero as a grade, but the policy called for the continued deduction of 6 pts for each incorrect number set. This meant a student would receive a grade of zero even though they had gotten 33 out of 50 number sets correct. I designed a new grading scale that deducted 6 pts for the allowable 5 mistakes to obtain a passing score and then deducted just over 2 pts per error to fairly reflect the student's actual performance. I also developed revised grading systems to handle normal dictation (70% accuracy with one hearing or 85% accuracy if the students were allowed repeated hearings of the material) and translation exercises (70 accuracy with repeated hearings of the material) that allowed for proper transcription or translation of sentences with respect to grammar elements such as the subject, verb/tense, objects and various modifying words while also incorporating a subjective factor to address the overall flow of a student's translation/readability. The subjective factor wasn't enough to fail a student, but the overall system provided a documented, well-defined set of grading criteria while allowing the recognition of superior effort.

• Daylight savings time ended early November. Gets dark about 4:30 in Jersey. Dark before work and dark after. I wrote my congressman a letter to please stop the practice of rolling back the clocks in the fall. Go forward in the spring and let it be. Its a pain in so many ways!

• Last November the voters here in California voted to authorized the State congress to keep us from falling back - - of course the congress has done nothing about it so instead of doing what the vast majority of us voted for - we set out clocks back

idiot politicians cant even get something as simple as this done

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Last November the voters here in California voted to authorized the State congress to keep us from falling back - - of course the congress has done nothing about it so instead of doing what the vast majority of us voted for - we set out clocks back

idiot politicians cant even get something as simple as this done

I wonder what would happen if the voting public did it on their own. Oh! I know you cannot get them to stick together, that is the bigger problem.

• I know it's a bit off subject but if you have dogs you will know what I am talking about. Dogs learn your schedule and adjust to it. I get up for work at 4:15 a.m. The dog learns and knows its time for breakfast and to go outside and do his thing before I go for work. He is fully adjusted again but come spring it's the same scenario.

• I know it's a bit off subject but if you have dogs you will know what I am talking about. Dogs learn your schedule and adjust to it. I get up for work at 4:15 a.m. The dog learns and knows its time for breakfast and to go outside and do his thing before I go for work. He is fully adjusted again but come spring it's the same scenario.

Yep!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.