• Years ago Home Depot only gave a discount on veterans day. At that time Lowes gave a discount continuous so I gravitated to Lowes. Now both chains offer the same. I like them both but because Lowes always did I go there first.

It's been years since I registered but I believe if you go to the Lowes URL it will give the details and after that all you need to do is provide the phone number when checking out. As much as I spend there its well worth it!.

According to the link I posted for The Military Wallet, Home Depot limits their discounts as follows - "Eligibility – U.S. stores: The discount is offered in the U.S. to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families. Veterans who do not have a VA service-connected disability rating may only be eligible for the military discount during national holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day."

Because of how Lowes offers their military discount, I tend to prefer Lowes whenever possible. I just give them my phone number and show my Texas Driver's License which hsa my veteran's status shown on it.

• According to the link I posted for The Military Wallet, Home Depot limits their discounts as follows - "Eligibility – U.S. stores: The discount is offered in the U.S. to all active duty military personnel, reservists, retired or disabled veterans and their immediate families. Veterans who do not have a VA service-connected disability rating may only be eligible for the military discount during national holidays such as Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterans Day."

Because of how Lowes offers their military discount, I tend to prefer Lowes whenever possible. I just give them my phone number and show my Texas Driver's License which hsa my veteran's status shown on it.

I signed up at Lowes.com last night. Only took a couple of minutes. Looks like all that has to happen in the store is I provide my phone #. (My SC DL doesn't have my vet status on it.). Wish I had known about this years ago. I spend so much money at lowes I could probably by a turbo for the sling with that $ I would have saved. 8o

• Did not know that. I did 10 in the Navy. What do they require for proof of service?

I signed up at their "LOWES" web site. You will have to have a copy of your DD214. You need to sign up for "Shop My Exchange.com" no taxes and no shipping, this is the Air Force Exchange but you can sign up I think for the Navy or the Army Exchanges. You can do Internet orders now this started a few years back.

• Years ago Home Depot only gave a discount on veterans day. At that time Lowes gave a discount continuous so I gravitated to Lowes. Now both chains offer the same. I like them both but because Lowes always did I go there first.

It's been years since I registered but I believe if you go to the Lowes URL it will give the details and after that all you need to do is provide the phone number when checking out. As much as I spend there its well worth it!.

Home Depot only does Active duty or Retired

• I signed up at their "LOWES" web site. You will have to have a copy of your DD214. You need to sign up for "Shop My Exchange.com" no taxes and no shipping, this is the Air Force Exchange but you can sign up I think for the Navy or the Army Exchanges. You can do Internet orders now this started a few years back.

I signed up at the Lowes site last night. I didn't need my DD214. Just name, DOB, branch and EAOS. Yeah, I signed up for Exchange access a while back. (shopmyexchange.com)

• I'd still figure out a way to lose just the 10mm....

Somewhere in the universe, there is a galaxy that is made up of billions and billions of 10mm sockets and missing socks (without mates) from Earth, circling a black hole composed of half used rolls of duct tape (have you EVER finished a roll of duct tape?).

• I signed up at Lowes.com last night. Only took a couple of minutes. Looks like all that has to happen in the store is I provide my phone #. (My SC DL doesn't have my vet status on it.). Wish I had known about this years ago. I spend so much money at lowes I could probably by a turbo for the sling with that $ I would have saved. 8o

Yep, after they total it up just mention you have a military discount and give them your phone number. My wife is also entitled. Easy! When I go to Home Depot I just show my retired ID and they also give the discount. Works just as well although as FunCycle stated there may be some eligibility differences.

• Here is a neat little tool I picked up at Harbor Freight. It's an automatic Center Punch. Push and spring loaded action. I use it to make a divots for drilling, pushing out things with an interference fit, punching holes in aerosol cans at the end of use, lots of common uses. The red one is an old one from Snap-On. Its about 30+ years old and the spring is getting week. I can't part with it but I need to replace it.

• Looks like the bicycle tool I always carry in my saddle bag.

I have used it to punch out links from bicycle chains but recommend the Park tool. I'm an avid cyclist, Did the Death Valley Double a few years back. Love to watch the Amgen Tour of California just to watch the beautiful California Landscape!

• This is another find I think is worth sharing - some time back we bought this hand crank / solar flashlight to put into our emergency kit - well ever since it arrived it has been my go to flashlight to grab - I love never having to think about batteries and if you crank it for 1 minute thats enough for over an hour of light - also love that it seems very rugged and is waterproof

Anyway we just ordered 2 more - one is going to go in my Slingshot and the other will go in the wife's car - - we figured that they could come in very handy if something happens when we are out and about after dark - - - having all of the handy folding wrenches and other tools wont do much good if I cant see to use them - and with these lights we dont have to worry that when the time comes that we need them the batteries will be dead

ThorFire Hand Crank / Solar flashlight

514LKEq6rmL._AC_.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have had one of those for years, but have not used in a long time.

The part I like - especially as a car flashlight - is that I should be able to let it sit for year and years and still have it work when the time comes that I need it - I cant even count the number of times in my life I have gone to grab a flashlight only to find the batteries dead and then had to either hope we had the batteries or that I could find a different flashlight that worked

as of tomorrow we will have three of these and I should never have to worry about only having a dead flashlight again

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I could not find the thread for this. For once I wish I knew how to do this. I just got an e-mail from MyCHANIC.com. They have a new shop work stool called The Sidekick Stool-SK3 I have got to get me one of these. I already have two different roll around stools and one stationary and I use everyone of them. But I have got to have one of these because of the features that I like and need. $124.99:thumbsup: