Master cylinder brace issue

• So, I bought the DDMWorks master cylinder brace and installed it this evening. However, as I was beginning to snug the cup down onto the end of the master cylinder, it started to get tight long before the end of the cylinder was inside the pocket in the cup. I don't know if something changed in 2019 or if all the SS master cylinders are this way, but the cylinder end cannot be seated inside the pocket in the cup due to interference from the protrusion on the side at the end that one of the lines exists from. The result is that only the rim of the cup hits the cylinder and only on one small portion and it's exerting force at an angle instead of straight down the center axis of the cylinder. See first photo. The red square shows where the cup rim contacts the master cylinder. My solution was to dremel out a portion of the rim. See second photo. I position that portion over the protrusion and the cup now sits flat on the end of the master cylinder.

• So, I bought the DDMWorks master cylinder brace and installed it this evening. However, as I was beginning to snug the cup down onto the end of the master cylinder, it started to get tight long before the end of the cylinder was inside the pocket in the cup. I don't know if something changed in 2019 or if all the SS master cylinders are this way, but the cylinder end cannot be seated inside the pocket in the cup due to interference from the protrusion on the side at the end that one of the lines exists from. The result is that only the rim of the cup hits the cylinder and only on one small portion and it's exerting force at an angle instead of straight down the center axis of the cylinder. See first photo. The red square shows where the cup rim contacts the master cylinder. My solution was to dremel out a portion of the rim. See second photo. I position that portion over the protrusion and the cup now sits flat on the end of the master cylinder.

EjFord I can see that being a problem. Looks like from the picture that the master cylinder has been changed. SZurlo I will get back to you tomorrow Sling II does not have the brace on it yet. But I know that you are right from the picture. Looks like Dave will have to change up the cup for some of the 2019 models. Dave@DDMWorks can you help with this.

• EjFord I can see that being a problem. Looks like from the picture that the master cylinder has been changed. SZurlo I will get back to you tomorrow Sling II does not have the brace on it yet. But I know that you are right from the picture. Looks like Dave will have to change up the cup for some of the 2019 models. Dave@DDMWorks can you help with this.

It is FUN to see how we all make this silly place work so well. Thanks Gerald.

We know that Polaris did change the master cylinders in 2018, which required us to modify the master cylinder brace. Looks like there may be another new casting we need to accommodate. Looks like you did a great job to adapt to it, nice job! It was also great to meet you the other day, thanks for stopping by :)

We take a look into when this change was made, but regardless, modify the brace to fit this casting also, thanks for the heads up.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with,

Dave

• Looks like Gerald is taking up some of the workload left by Sam. Now if we can only get him to do videos, we will Sam 2.

I actually did buy a Go Pro a few years back but found out how much trouble it was to edit and down load. So it was not long before I sold it. Like I told my Grand daughter Pa's brain is full and he is not learning anything else. Now just remember that electronics and computers paid the bills for almost 50 years. I hate COMPUTERS!

• That's the nice thing about aluminum. A Dremel with a metal cutting wheel goes through it like hot butter. Between the Dremel and double-sided 3M tape, I can fix anything 8o.

Nice meeting you too. Thanks for the "nickel" tour ;) Was nice to get to see where all the magic happens 8).

• That's the nice thing about aluminum. A Dremel with a metal cutting wheel goes through it like hot butter. Between the Dremel and double-sided 3M tape, I can fix anything 8o.

Nice meeting you too. Thanks for the "nickel" tour ;) Was nice to get to see where all the magic happens 8).

I just looked at the 2016 master cylinder and the set back you indicated in the picture is about 1/4 inch on the master cylinder of the 2016. Miller Time I do know quite a bit about the Sling because I do all of the work and the installs myself. I also have done just about all of my mechanical work since I was about 14 years old. For those with old minds like mine that would be 58 years ago. ;) Also while I am thinking about it I will get Summer Breeze to take and post the pictures for the strut bar modification for those that might be interested next weekend when we do a wrench day. Somebody remind me, I will probably forget it. We will taking the JRI shocks back off Sling II and reinstall on Sling I removing the top and the parachute fenders also have to put the DDM short shifter back to Sling I for track day. Also removing the Alpha CAI off of his Sling to put on Sling II, it is on loan to him. Sounds like a full day for both of us.

• I actually did buy a Go Pro a few years back but found out how much trouble it was to edit and down load. So it was not long before I sold it. Like I told my Grand daughter Pa's brain is full and he is not learning anything else. Now just remember that electronics and computers paid the bills for almost 50 years. I hate COMPUTERS!

I feel you brother. Now just for clarification, I meant my remarks in a nice way. Your comments and experiences are always welcome even if you do reside in the real Carolina. Go Heels.

• I feel you brother. Now just for clarification, I meant my remarks in a nice way. Your comments and experiences are always welcome even if you do reside in the real Carolina. Go Heels.

I do not do any STICK & BALL sports. f it does not have an engine I do not know anything about it. If you want to watch a ball game in my play room you had better go somewhere else.

• Was the design of this ever updated? I have a brace installed on my 2019 for the last 500 miles. Seems I should remove and alter it as well or find a replacement. As a side note I really hate the SS mushy brakes.

• Was the design of this ever updated? I have a brace installed on my 2019 for the last 500 miles. Seems I should remove and alter it as well or find a replacement. As a side note I really hate the SS mushy brakes.

The dealers have some special equipment they can use to bleed the breaks!

• For the master cylinder brace is there any one that is already applicable to the 2019 Kyle D does your master cylinder fully seat in the 2019 SS? I noticed the designs are a bit different.

To be honest, I have not installed one here at ZZP in a 17+ model to know for sure one way or another. I have an 18 here that I can install one on in a day or 2 once we pull it off the dyno and check for you.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

We have a new updated design that has been tested on our 2020 Slingshot also for fitment. Not sure if the brace you have is from us, if so and it is the older design, shoot me an email direct - dave@ddmworks.com or give us a call - 864-438-4949 and we will get you taken care of.