How cold can you go?

• Yep, 60s or below and I'm getting out at least the jacket. I do the same thing - Layers! Tee shirt, then long sleeves, then sweater/light jacket, then heavy jacket. I even have insulated Jean's if need be. I remember one time in Oregon riding the Victory - 80 degrees one 1 side of the mountain and 50 on the other, literally just a couple miles apart.

That being said, this SS has roof, windshield, and rear wind restrictor so I can handle a lot more due to lower wind in the cab.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I do the same thing - Layers! Tee shirt, then long sleeves, then sweater/light jacket, then heavy jacket. I even have insulated Jean's if need be. I remember one time in Oregon riding the Victory - 80 degrees one 1 side of the mountain and 50 on the other, literally just a couple miles apart.

Yup, layering is the key. Though, no matter how warm the temperatures are, we are always wearing a lighter, (moisture wicking?), long sleeve shirt and pants for sun protection.

Bill

• Wife and I have heated gear but you know we're almost 72 oh, don't take that personally fun funcycle, but I have no desire to ride in cold weather anymore.

At 85, I seldom ride much below 50F. :)

18 SLR Lemon/Gray
    Vanderhall Venice (traded for SLR Apr '18)
    '16.6 SLR LE (traded for Vanderhall Oct '17)
    '11 & '14 Can Am RT's
    60 Years of 2 Wheeling

• Up here in Canada, if we don't ride in some cold weather we would have a seriously short season. So long as there in not snow and ice on the road and I have my heated gear, the sky's the limit!8)

2019 SL Black Pearl

Wycked Hitch & Wiring Harness

Ultimate Fitted Carpet Mats

FZ-1 Auxiliary Fuse Block

Metricks Bolt-on Hugger Rear Fender

Metricks License Plate Relocater

Dash Mount Coaxial Heat Mount

LED White/Blue Under Dash Lighting

• Did a ride today. I actually made an excuse and went out to pick up a ready made roasted chicken at the supermarket. In reality I was looking for an excuse to go on a short ride. 40 degrees & sunshine. Layered clothes. I used my 3/4 helmet and riding glasses with a pair of what I consider lightly insulated gloves. I have a full face helmet with shield and if it was any colder I would gone with the full face. Ride was short, about an hour (I took the long way). It was quite nice, actually enjoyable.

• when it gets cold here I switch to my Bell Vortex full helmet - - works wonders at keeping the head and ears comfortable - - - in fact just this morning I ordered a new high visibility yellow shield for it - should be here Monday which is perfect timing - starting Tuesday our lows will be dropping into the 50's for my ride into work and it will be time to put the 1/2 helmet away for the winter

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• kev how do the 4 wheels work in the Snow?

haha, like any wide low profile tire, not worth a shit lol , but it was fun doing donuts all thru the parking lot without burning up any rubber, it was a lot of fun last year too with only one tire but with two you can get up to speed a little faster before almost slamming into the building , sliding way to far backwards lol We like to take our pick up trucks out on the ice all over lake Simcoe ice fishing for pickerel here, and towards the end of the season you get a lot of beautiful sunshining ,almost spring days ,so I think just for the hell of it I,m going to throw on a couple of big old lug truck tires we have around here and go play .

Now what Bob Runman is building right now would be awesome just for that , a SWITCHBACK, with tracks and skis