Metricks "Bolt-On" Rear Hugger Fender Kit

• Has anyone installed the Metricks "Bolt-On" Rear Hugger Fender Kit for the Polaris Slingshot (Ver 2.0) on a 2019 Sling.:?:

The 2019 Sling swing arm does not have the emboss on the top right side of the swing arm as previous models, so I'm not sure how drilling and tapping this will work (not enough meat possibly). Was think of using a self drilling bold and Lock Washer as a worst case scenario.

2019 SL Black Pearl

Wycked Hitch & Wiring Harness

Ultimate Fitted Carpet Mats

FZ-1 Auxiliary Fuse Block

Metricks Bolt-on Hugger Rear Fender

Metricks License Plate Relocater

Dash Mount Coaxial Heat Mount

LED White/Blue Under Dash Lighting

• without the raised boss and extra material that it provides there is no way I would risk drilling into the swing arm - - - if it cracks or somethings else happens you would be out the cost of replacement - You can pretty much guarantee that drilling holes would void any warranty coverage

I would personally find a different fender that does not require drilling - - - JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• without the raised boss and extra material that it provides there is no way I would risk drilling into the swing arm - - - if it cracks or somethings else happens you would be out the cost of replacement - You can pretty much guarantee that drilling holes would void any warranty coverage

I would personally find a different fender that does not require drilling - - - JMO

If I were to do this, I would let us say, make a plate two by two inches and drill a hole in each corner and tapped matching holes in the swing arm.

• No offense Edward Neal, but your statement "you can pretty much guarantee that drilling holes would void blah blah blah" is an opinion not supported by my experience. When my swing arm was replaced under recall Polaris had no issue whatsoever with the holes drilled in it for my Metricks fender. Unlike some on the forum I don't have an opinion on most of the topics or an impressive number of posts, but to Dons' question I would say call Doug or Jim (or email) at 703-330-8883 and get knowledge from the source. You paid to get a fine product so get good advice.

• No offense Edward Neal, but your statement "you can pretty much guarantee that drilling holes would void blah blah blah" is an opinion not supported by my experience. When my swing arm was replaced under recall Polaris had no issue whatsoever with the holes drilled in it for my Metricks fender. Unlike some on the forum I don't have an opinion on most of the topics or an impressive number of posts, but to Dons' question I would say call Doug or Jim (or email) at 703-330-8883 and get knowledge from the source. You paid to get a fine product so get good advice.

no offence taken - perhaps I was not clear when I said "if it cracks or something else happens" When I said that I was intending it to specifically mean that the damage was as a result of drilling the holes and weakening the swing arm

Also just to be sure you do know that the raised reinforced boss on the top right side of the swing arm that people drilled for the fender is no longer on the swing arm for the 2019 - for some reason they changed the design in 2019 - - - there was another long thread about this a short time back

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Just to be clear when it comes to a federal mandated recall the manufacturer can't weasel out of it regardless of modifications, however the same rules don't apply to manufacturer warranty or extended warranty which they can deny claims at their discretion and then you are forced to fight them with the magnuson moss act of 75.

Now it all boils down to how good of a dealer you have, some will do their best to get you what you need, others will just take the easy way and deny everything and just have the customer pay.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I've been speaking with Doug from Metrics through email and they have been very helpful. As far as another fender, I have looked at whats available and like, and need the Hugger style. With the Wycked hitch installed on the Sling ,some fenders will not fit this configuration. Plus I like the look of it.

FunCycle I like the plate idea as a spacer will have to be placed under the bracket to fill the gap where the emboss use to be, plus depending on the thickness of the casting I made need a couple more fastens to secure it..

I have ordered the fender and will update this post once i have it installed. should have it in a week or so and will document the install.

Metrics also told me they will be engineering a new solution over the winter months.

2019 SL Black Pearl

• no offence taken - perhaps I was not clear when I said "if it cracks or something else happens" When I said that I was intending it to specifically mean that the damage was as a result of drilling the holes and weakening the swing arm

Also just to be sure you do know that the raised reinforced boss on the top right side of the swing arm that people drilled for the fender is no longer on the swing arm for the 2019 - for some reason they changed the design in 2019 - - - there was another long thread about this a short time back

On the older models there use to be a cable that was mounted to the reinforced boss which in no longer there on the 2019.

2019 SL Black Pearl

• Wait and see what metric comes up with