$125 mistake

• I should have done more research on this, I admit it... I bought a pair of heated gloves from Amazon made by First Gear. I couldn't find Gerbings in my size. The first gears had good reviews so I ordered them. Don't get me wrong, they are very nice gloves, and they are toasty. However, they make me so fat-fingered that I can barely use any controls other than the shifter and turn single lever, Good luck trying to hit any of the rubber buttons on the ride command. I get 2 or 3 at a time. And of course (and I should have researched this too) they don't work with the touch screen on the ride command or my iPhone. Having them hooked up to my Neutrino doesn't do me much good if I can't control the heat setting while wearing the damn things. So... What SHOULD I have bought?

• I should have done more research on this, I admit it... I bought a pair of heated gloves from Amazon made by First Gear. I couldn't find Gerbings in my size. The first gears had good reviews so I ordered them. Don't get me wrong, they are very nice gloves, and they are toasty. However, they make me so fat-fingered that I can barely use any controls other than the shifter and turn single lever, Good luck trying to hit any of the rubber buttons on the ride command. I get 2 or 3 at a time. And of course (and I should have researched this too) they don't work with the touch screen on the ride command or my iPhone. Having them hooked up to my Neutrino doesn't do me much good if I can't control the heat setting while wearing the damn things. So... What SHOULD I have bought?

I never even bought heated gloves when riding the bikes since 1964 riding year round.

..can you cut the finger tip off :/

I have the her GERBINGS and they are the same way.....to slide the heat control on my phone up or down I have to remove my glove....the glove material doesn’t seem to work with the touch screen.

it’s the price you pay for creature comforts... so far I have my jacket liner and gloves set at about 3/4.....I adjust the amount of under clothing according to how cold it is....

when I bought my gear I bought the pants that had a heated removable liner. And I just bought a heated jacket liner so I could wear it as a wind breaker on top of everything or as a jacket liner.....under a jacket. Instead of buying heated socks that could probably get really mungy, I bought heated soles. All of which I control separately with my neutrino. I really like that thing.

• I have the her GERBINGS and they are the same way.....to slide the heat control on my phone up or down I have to remove my glove....the glove material doesn’t seem to work with the touch screen.

it’s the price you pay for creature comforts... so far I have my jacket liner and gloves set at about 3/4.....I adjust the amount of under clothing according to how cold it is....

when I bought my gear I bought the pants that had a heated removable liner. And I just bought a heated jacket liner so I could wear it as a wind breaker on top of everything or as a jacket liner.....under a jacket. Instead of buying heated socks that could probably get really mungy, I bought heated soles. All of which I control separately with my neutrino. I really like that thing.

I have the Gerbing jacket liner. Took it and the gloves for a test ride today for the first time. Liner was awesome. I've got the Neutrino Aurora so I'm going to tinker with speed/temp automation options. Although, I'm having an issue with my Neutrino. Working with their tech support on it now. Half the time when I start the Sling the Neutrino wont pair with my phone. Only way to get it working again is to unplug the BT dongle from the Neutrino and plug it back in.

• I have the Gerbing jacket liner. Took it and the gloves for a test ride today for the first time. Liner was awesome. I've got the Neutrino Aurora so I'm going to tinker with speed/temp automation options. Although, I'm having an issue with my Neutrino. Working with their tech support on it now. Half the time when I start the Sling the Neutrino wont pair with my phone. Only way to get it working again is to unplug the BT dongle from the Neutrino and plug it back in.

where did you get your hot wire from to power the neutrino? Did you delete the app and reinstall? Did you do a forced reset on a cell phone ....search how to...for your model phone.

A gas card and join us in SoCal!😜

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My carhartt gloves aren't heated, but fat fingers & no touch screen is par for the course.

I'm looking at a pair of Milwaukee heated gloves (about $180). Work off a rechargeable battery instead of 12V, control is on the cuff & you're supposed to be able to manage without removing them.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I lived in S.D. for most of the 80's. For a long time a motorcycle was my only transportation. Rode all year round. Really miss it sometimes.

Wow you are the man, or something else. I did some crazy things like riding a GN 250 Suzuki in the rain from Virginia Beach to central Pennsylvania along the Baltimore Beltway in pouring rain at night in the early 80s.

S.D. Year round! I am humbled!

• Wow you are the man, or something else. I did some crazy things like riding a GN 250 Suzuki in the rain from Virginia Beach to central Pennsylvania along the Baltimore Beltway in pouring rain at night in the early 80s.

S.D. Year round! I am humbled!

Just to clarify, I mean San Diego, not South Dakota :P

• I'm looking at these. Heat down to fingertips, turn off/on, regulate heat w/o removing gloves, 7000 mAh batteries that charge up via USB, wrist drawstring, fingertip touch screen capability (I'm a bit sceptical of this one), and most importantly - they come in medium for guys like me with smaller hands!

$90 on Amazon. I'll review them when I get a pair!

• I'm looking at these. Heat down to fingertips, turn off/on, regulate heat w/o removing gloves, 7000 mAh batteries that charge up via USB, wrist drawstring, fingertip touch screen capability (I'm a bit sceptical of this one), and most importantly - they come in medium for guys like me with smaller hands!

$90 on Amazon. I'll review them when I get a pair!

I'll really be curious to see your review. Battery life specifically. Is the battery external to the glove? Hard to believe they can cram a 7k AH battery in a glove and have it still be comfortable.

• SZurlo

7000 mAh batteries are not uncommon for tablets, etc. Even phones have batteries over 4000 now.

I believe that the zipper pocket on the wrist holds the battery, not sure if you have to remove the battery to charge or not. Even if you do, I'm pretty sure you could rig a short extension to eliminate this. Here's the link.

Heated Gloves Men Women - Electric Winter Gloves Rechargeable Heated Motorcycle Gloves, Battery Heating Gloves Waterproof for Snowing Hunting Skiing Climbing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y…_r_cp_apa_i_YRRXDbCDZECVK

• SZurlo

7000 mAh batteries are not uncommon for tablets, etc. Even phones have batteries over 4000 now.

I believe that the zipper pocket on the wrist holds the battery, not sure if you have to remove the battery to charge or not. Even if you do, I'm pretty sure you could rig a short extension to eliminate this. Here's the link.

Heated Gloves Men Women - Electric Winter Gloves Rechargeable Heated Motorcycle Gloves, Battery Heating Gloves Waterproof for Snowing Hunting Skiing Climbing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y…_r_cp_apa_i_YRRXDbCDZECVK

Pretty impressive specs if accurate. Says they will run for 6 to 7 hours at the highest heat setting (140-150 F). For a 7kmAh battery to last that long the gloves can't be pulling much more than about 1 amp at the highest setting. At 3.7 volts, that's only 3.7 watts. Typical 12v heated gloves pull 3 or more amps, so in the neighborhood of 36 watts. I don't know. Color me skeptical...