Yet another "should I boost" thread - but with a twist.

• All I can say is boost is good.... Every min you are thinking about getting boost is a min you didnt have boost......

:TURBOSS:

True statement.

To boost or not to boost?

Want or necessity?

Something to definitely think about.

At one time, I was gonna boost.

Leaning more toward super charger than turbo...

But, that year at Maggie Valley for an install was a bust.

Thought of doing my own install, like the majority of my aftermarket mods. A self install would teach me the components, how they tie in, and knowledge toward troubleshooting.

If I were to develope a problem, it would be mine.

No DDM_Works, ZZP, or defunct Alpha folks within range, and I am not the type of person that calls for help unless there is a lot of blood.

Dealer would probably be less than willing to work on a boosted engine problem.

And although the Slingshot contains an automotive engine and tranny, pretty sure a local garage would view it as a proprietary build.

Learning with guidance, is a good thing.

Having to learn it on your own is kinda like the statement...

Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

And with a boosted engine problem, life for me would be harder.

This is not to say that going boosted will incur problems. But, to go boosted with no thoughts of capabilities of maintaining an additional system is begging for no joy.

Plenty of folks here on the forum with experience to lend guidance and fill the knowledge void.

Whether to boost or not, is a decision one needs to make for themselves.

Still enjoying my Slingshot without boost.

And no, I am not gonna drive your boosted Sling!

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• All I can say is boost is good.... Every min you are thinking about getting boost is a min you didnt have boost......

:TURBOSS:

A lot of people have offered but I still will not drive a boosted Sling, I have rode in the White Beast though.

• Sometimes there is not as sharp a delineation between want and need as one would think. Boosting my sling may not be something I need to do, but it's something that will almost certainly add some fun to my life, (just like the sling itself, which I also didn't "need") so I think that starts to push it slightly into the "need" category ;).

From a practical standpoint, I have no wife, no kids, no one that depends on me financially. I'm in the position where how I spend my money is 100% my business alone. I still have plenty of friends from my former Harley life that would be more than happy to come help me wrench on my sling. Plus I only live about 1.5 hours from DDMWorks. Would it be a huge pain in the a$$ if I had drive train issues with boost installed? Probably, but I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it, and deal with it . As a Navy buddy of mine used to say, "there is no doomsday scenario".

My recent diagnosis is probably coloring my rational on all of this, but then again human beings aren't really known for being rational and reasonable. Slingshots are a perfect example of this. They may be the single least practical mode of transportation ever created. They exist for no other reason than to put a smile our faces. It's just a question of how BIG of a smile you "need". :)

Edited once, last by SZurlo: Formatting ().

• I was reading a post by Dave@DDMWorks on the DDMWorks FB page and I read about a "con" for TC vs SC that I didn't even consider. Turbo lag will confuse the factory traction control algorithm. How big of an issue is that? Is it so bad you have to run with traction control disabled?

It is not really a big issue, just that the supercharger works better with the traction control system then the turbo. This is simply because a supercharged engine acts just like a larger displacement engine. The turbos still work just fine with the traction control.