Status of the white beast....

• Here is the current status of my Slingshot.... The engine has been ran and is perfect. It's been painted and all the accessories have been cleaned and detailed. The black frame in the front has been painted and is beginning to look new again. I have put 4 wire plugs on both sides of the front. These disconnect my switchback halos. I have redone the speaker cabinets where my subwoofers go and have epoxied in the special catch nuts so I can service the speakers easier. I have new plastic going on the armrest and I have a new JL 900/5 amp on the way. I am currently running the 700/5.

I wanted to make it to Murphy to ride but several things are going on including the big family Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. Truthfully if the Slingshot had been ready I would have skipped the dinner and come to Murphy. But since it wasn't i am not going to hurry the process and will continue to paint and build back a clean and tight slingshot.

I dont want the Murphy gang to think I was just putting them off. I would haul butt that way if it were possible.

Pictures....

• That white block looked so good in person, making me want to pull our engine again and have it match our Slingshot :)

• The first time I meet rabtech was in Sept 2015 in Eureka Springs....8:00 pm in the parking lot under the lights and he had the wheels off the front end and he had the breaks off the White Beast rebuilding them. Every rally I have been at he has had the White Beast apart and rebuilding something. Nudist = White Beast....

• Okay - - - I have a question, We all know you are running a highly modified engine and I am fairly sure most of us know that you switched to an automatic transmission - - - the question I have is - is the angle drive still original and has anything been done to it to make it better deal with all of the power the White Beast can put to the ground?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Okay - - - I have a question, We all know you are running a highly modified engine and I am fairly sure most of us know that you switched to an automatic transmission - - - the question I have is - is the angle drive still original and has anything been done to it to make it better deal with all of the power the White Beast can put to the ground?

You would be very surprised to see just how much power you can put to not only the stock drive but the belt as well.. They Take Lickin and Keep on Tickin

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

I just broke my first angle drive this year. It cracked and didn't shatter like most. I found out once I got back from the last 1/2mi Rabtech and I went to when I removed the under belly. All the gear oil was sitting on it. I was really thankful that I had decided to put that on before the race. Otherwise that would have spilled directly in front of my rear tire which would have been bad news going as fast as we were.

It's not as much about the amount of power as it is how the power is delivered. I had a customer that decided to do a burnout with Nitto NT05 drag radials on it that were nice and hot. He side stepped the clutch at 5k and moved about 2" and his angle drive shattered at the yolk where most do.

While Rabtech and I are making a lot of power, the power delivery is smooth. I'm not launching hard at the 1/2 or 1/4mi runs trying to avoid excess slip out of the hole. And Rabtech has the auto trans isn't shocking the drive line or angle drive.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I just broke my first angle drive this year. It cracked and didn't shatter like most. I found out once I got back from the last 1/2mi Rabtech and I went to when I removed the under belly. All the gear oil was sitting on it. I was really thankful that I had decided to put that on before the race. Otherwise that would have spilled directly in front of my rear tire which would have been bad news going as fast as we were.

It's not as much about the amount of power as it is how the power is delivered. I had a customer that decided to do a burnout with Nitto NT05 drag radials on it that were nice and hot. He side stepped the clutch at 5k and moved about 2" and his angle drive shattered at the yolk where most do.

While Rabtech and I are making a lot of power, the power delivery is smooth. I'm not launching hard at the 1/2 or 1/4mi runs trying to avoid excess slip out of the hole. And Rabtech has the auto trans isn't shocking the drive line or angle drive.

Its good to know - - seems that under normal usage the angle drive should a fairly reliable component despite all of the complaints we hear about it making noise and such

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I was turning at the end of the road I live on and it has a terrible rough spot that I forgot about. I was spinning sideways when I hit it and my back tire caught and made a loud pop. I knew I had messed up somthing because it had a knock in it after that incident.. I still could do burnouts and skids but it had this knock in it . So I bought a new final drive and I keep this one as my spare. One day I may even take it apart and see what is wrong with it.

The final drive is really tough. You have to really shock it to mess it up.

I have a video of the knocking noise I'll post. Just remember that was from super abuse. I knew the minute I hit that rough spot and the tire hopped that something was going to happen.....

Sent from my SM-F900U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app