COMPARISION OLD VS NEW

• After putting a bunch of mods and miles on my 2015, was one of the first production runs, I now have 3000 miles on the 2019 and thought I review the major differences I have experienced.

1. Quality of assembly, large improvement. On the 15 at least a third of the body screws was stripped, cross-threaded or cracked plastic. After disassembly on about half of the body panel I have only ran across one screw cross threaded. I was very excited about this as was expecting much worst.

2. Shock valving better, not great. While still a little harsh over sharp cracks and bumps, it does have a better ride than the 15. Some of this made be related to number 3 below.

3. Frame stiffness, large improvement. The old chassis would flex like crazy during rapid transitions and twice after hard mountain riding my Bullet Top frame would no longer line up with the mounting holes. The 19 stays flatter and has better control during hard corner transitions.

4. Engine tuning. The 19 has more mid-range torque, dont know if this is the change from air box to the CAI design, but two others have also noticed the difference.

5. Gear box whine much less. I am counting this one as just a production fluke as their is a lot of sound variation from one slingshot to another.

Overall I like the 19 better in large part because of the reduction in frame flex which gives me better corner control.

DuaneIndy

2019 SS SL

Stock is better

• I was thinking about comparisons earlier today, but for me it is not old vs new, for me it would be "Old vs Now" - - I suspect that I have forgotten how much of a difference some of my mods have made, coilovers, sway bar and short shift kit come to mind as being biggies - - I remember that when I did them the difference before and after seemed huge, but now I have gotten so used to how it is that I imagine I would be stunned if suddenly I could turn off the mods and switch between the before and after

Having recently installed the pedal commander has really brought this into focus - - driving with it on and set to sport for just 2 weeks and it seems so normal that if I turn it off it actually seems so much less responsive than I remember it - - - Anyway I just find it interesting how fast we adjust and how easily new things become the norm and what was a huge difference fades into memory.

Thanks for sharing the differences you have found - even though I have no plans of upgrading to a newer slingshot it is nice to know that Polaris is making improvements :thumbsup:.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• 4. Engine tuning. The 19 has more mid-range torque, dont know if this is the change from air box to the CAI design, but two others have also noticed the difference.

We did testing on intakes a while back using a 2018 SLR that had the newer CAI design. We did dyno pulls with that one, the air box from my 2015, and our ZZP CAI and the air box off my 2015 actually repeatedly made more power than the newer version. The filter they use on them isn't the best, but, you could get a K&N filter to put on there which would definitely be better than the stock filter.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• We did testing on intakes a while back using a 2018 SLR that had the newer CAI design. We did dyno pulls with that one, the air box from my 2015, and our ZZP CAI and the air box off my 2015 actually repeatedly made more power than the newer version. The filter they use on them isn't the best, but, you could get a K&N filter to put on there which would definitely be better than the stock filter.

I did this on my 2019 - pulled the stock air filter and replaced it with a K&N 'high performance' filter for about $60. Had to get some new hardware to hold it on (nut or bolt - I forget, about $1).

Ruby breathes easier now, feels like more power on the butt dyno, but in any case, I'm enjoying the response and acceleration now!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• COMPARISION OLD VS NEW

As Tripod might say - - - I know which one I want to ride

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies