angle drive replacement video

• Early model 2015 sneaking up on 25,000 miles and our belt has loosened some over the summer where we are being reminded of it since the seasonal temps have been getting cooler where the belt will squeal under acceleration when first starting out and cold, (currently in the mid-20s low 30s), but after a few miles the belt warms and tightens up to where it quiets down. The angle drive any more just has a slight mechanical whine, and like Edward Neal summarizes, it would not even be discernible if the vehicle was enclosed and insulated.

Bill

• Early model 2015 sneaking up on 25,000 miles and our belt has loosened some over the summer where we are being reminded of it since the seasonal temps have been getting cooler where the belt will squeal under acceleration when first starting out and cold, (currently in the mid-20s low 30s), but after a few miles the belt warms and tightens up to where it quiets down. The angle drive any more just has a slight mechanical whine, and like Edward Neal summarizes, it would not even be discernible if the vehicle was enclosed and insulated.

Bill

I agree temperature absolutely makes a difference - even here where "cold" is the high 40's my belt can sometimes make noise for the first mile or so until it gets warmed up

Its actually my first sign that the belt is getting due for a cleaning - If the belt is perfectly clean I dont get any noise regardless of temp. If I start getting noise for that first mile or so on cold mornings that is my first notification - its time to break out the bucket and brush and give it a cleaning

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies